Has anyone really changed their shape by doing Callanetics? Sounds too good to be true.

(155 Posts)
naturelover Mon 12-Mar-12 14:11:55

Because I've bought the DVD because I'm ever hopeful!

I can't complain about my weight, BMI is and has nearly always been 22 and although I'd like to be thinner I realise that with my big bone structure it's never really going to happen. But I reckon that with the right kind of exercise I might be able to change my shape a bit (thinner thighs and flatter tummy would be good).

My youngest is now old enough that I should have long ago done something about the tummy - it's not huge but as I'm flat chested I feel a flat tummy would enhance my whole figure.

So has anyone done Callanetics and is it as effective as it claims to be? Or can you recommend any other good exercise for reshaping?

Thanks

naturelover Wed 26-Jun-13 14:57:36

I'm the OP and I did the Callanetics DVD quite religiously twice a week for a few months last year, lapsed a bit, but started again this spring, once a week. I definitely feel the benefit when I'm doing it regularly, in terms of flatter tummy, higher bottom etc.
But I confess I am getting a bit bored of it now - inevitable I suppose. I wonder if I should invest in the "super callanetics" DVD for a bit more of a challenge.

FoxPass Wed 26-Jun-13 16:14:33

Super Callanetics is great and definitely a good idea if you've mastered the original and want to mix it up. I find it quite useful to mute the sound and play music too, helps with the boredom!

Abra1d Wed 26-Jun-13 17:23:15

Oooh, must look at Super Callanetics. Yes, boredom can be the killer. So many repetitions and variations of repetitions.

CambridgeBlue Sun 30-Jun-13 08:19:25

I managed to find the book yesterday after searching every charity shop in town. It'svery 80s (the same one I had back then in fact!) but if it works - which I might if I actually do it instead of just looking at the pictures - then I'll be happy.

pootros Thu 01-Aug-13 22:23:47

Have just had a blast from the past with my callenetics DVD. (10in10). Am 8 weeks after baby2- have been gagging to excercise for ages as have been a blob of untoned wobble since the 1st baby. Love those 80s leotards!
I used to love Callenetics -just used to use the book. i was wondering if anyone who shared their measurements at the start of the thread fancy a little boast to inspire me to continue?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now