Project Princess

(342 Posts)
BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 10:19:21

I have a theory that every year you should treat one wedding you're attending as though it were your own.

Not that you're the bride, or as important as the bride...that's not the idea. I mean that for many women your wedding day is the one day when you try to pull it all together to look and feel your best, best figure, best skin, best hair. You get the picture. So if you do this once a year...perhaps with less of the stress that goes along with preparing for your own wedding day...then you'll look and feel amazing.

Last year I gave birth to my first child, so getting my figure etc back on track before a wedding I attended some months later was a huge challenge. I think I succeeded pretty well - I felt great at the wedding, not like the frumpy mummy I thought I might turn up as!

So now we have the Royal Wedding to look forward to I think we have the perfect opportunity to set that as a collective project due date. 29 April.

If any of you are inclined to give this a go - I thought it might be fun to do this with other like minded (crazy?) women.

The way it would work is like this - anyone involved can add a preparation ritual to the list. Let's not make this expensive. Don't we all have a bunch of unused exfoliant, teeth whitening paste, cuticle creams, waxes and potions at our disposal in our medicine cabinet?

Get the idea? Anyone interested?

CameronCook Tue 22-Feb-11 11:07:35

I'm in - need to start making more of an effort - well an effort at all would be good

CameronCook Tue 22-Feb-11 11:07:57

So what do we do - list what we're aiming to do to ourselves each week or something?

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 11:28:14

Great Cameron. Yes, why not list it out. Can be beauty ritual or diet or exercise. But I think it would be fun if we all have to do what the other suggests. Don't tell me I have to join a gym though!

My suggestions:
- 8 glasses of water a day.
- Exfoliating
- Using some kind of teeth whitener
- Using some kind of regenerative face cream
- Intensive nail care (feet and hands)
- Some kind of eyelash growth serum

barbieisaskinnybitch Tue 22-Feb-11 11:54:28

Ooh Ooh I love this idea! Can I join too?
Can I suggest the shred thing that I've heard about - I don't know chuff all about it, but hopefully someone will be along in a bit to whip us all into toned, lithe beauties.

Great idea Blackswan!

TracyK Tue 22-Feb-11 11:59:26

I'm doing this with a couple of friends. We have to do 10 mins extra cardio a day. 2 bits of fruit, 2 bits veg and at least 2 glasses of water.

Doing it for 100 days - putting £1 a day into a jar each (fined an extra £1 if no cardio) and then having a weekend away at the end.

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 12:08:19

Fab barbie, glad you're joining us.

I think we need to keep a running tally with the list. So cut and paste guys, adding your own suggestions!

1. 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Exfoliating
3. Using some kind of teeth whitener
4. Using some kind of regenerative face cream
5. Intensive nail care (feet and hands)
6. Some kind of eyelash growth serum
7. The Shred
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg.
9. £1 a day into a jar (fined an extra £1 if no cardio).

Tracy - we have less than a hundred days! But should still have enough cash for a treat at the end.

anon80 Tue 22-Feb-11 12:09:41

ohh i will bw starting the 30 day shred next monday- watched the video and must say im scared already - i got tired watching it- literally, im going to be in so much agony, why do i put myself through these things hmm

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 12:14:52

I'm adding one more. Hair oil.

2. Exfoliating
7. The Shred
10. Hair oil (moroccan hair oil for eg, or kerastase etc)

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 12:15:31

Great anon80 - then you're in?

TracyK Tue 22-Feb-11 12:20:49

Any recommendations for eyelash serum?

anon80 Tue 22-Feb-11 12:21:14

yes im in.
will do number 2,3,5,7
but to make up for the others will epilate so my legs look lovly for the 29th and keep eyebrows in check, buy some hand cream and look after my hair alot better

5DollarShake Tue 22-Feb-11 12:27:55

Ooh, count me in! We're emigrating to NZ (well, I'm from there, so technically it's only DH and the DCs who are) right after the wedding, so it would be great to return home after more than a decade looking good! grin

Plus I ordered the shred off amazon last night, so this ties in well. For me:

- The Shred
- cleansing and moisturising every evening (I'm terrible for this blush)
- moisturising hands daily
- weekly (at home) manicure
- fortnightly deep conditioning

Great idea, BlackSwan!

barbieisaskinnybitch Tue 22-Feb-11 12:28:02

lol at anon80 I haven't seen the video - can you post a link?

<prepares to yawn>

barbieisaskinnybitch Tue 22-Feb-11 12:29:12

Oh & I'm 3 weeks into my moroccan oil adventure & it's b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t (even in winter weather when my hair is normally like tumbleweed) grin

anon80 Tue 22-Feb-11 12:57:20

sorry barbie dont know if there is a link - i ordered mine of off amazon and just thought id watch it quickly so thats how i know im going to be in agony from monday, my family is down till then so cant do it in the mean time.

Here it is from Amazon

barbieisaskinnybitch Tue 22-Feb-11 13:42:01

Ordered, thanks anon80

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 13:49:56

I just ordered my very first exercise DVD!! Thanks for the amazon link.

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 16:48:19

Bumping for any other ladies wanting to join!

cyrilsneer Tue 22-Feb-11 17:09:20

Ooooh.... I love a project!

Can I make my pledge too?

1 8 glasses of water a day
2. Exfoliating - I'm dreadful about this
6. 2 big old power walks a week (hour and a half each)
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg eg Apple/ nectarine and carrot/ 2 sticks celery
9. £1 a day into a jar
10. Hair oil as a treatment once a week

I've got to dash out but I'm sure there'll be something else... Will post later if I think of something.

When are we starting? Today? Tomorrow?

Ridiculous how excited I feel... I think my true internal age is about fourteen...

Cyril

anon80 Tue 22-Feb-11 17:19:27

I suppose we could start tomorrow morning!!!

but cant do the 30 day shred untill monday

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 17:26:45

I'm in !! I have the 30 day shred and haven't started it yet, no better time than now !!

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 17:29:07

Forgot to say that I go on holiday the week of the Royal wedding, so perfect timing for me smile

lipglossandlashes Tue 22-Feb-11 17:37:35

I'm in and will add daily body brushing too (ouchy but effective!)and I've decided not to drink for the next few weeks shock
Won't do the £1 a day but saving my £2 coins in a pot for a new bag(Mulberry or a Chloe) Might take a while though!

Lavitabellissima Tue 22-Feb-11 17:38:52

Me too, I'm going to order the 30 day shred now!

I'll add having a healthy breakfast every day and only drinking wine on the weekend wine

Lavitabellissima Tue 22-Feb-11 17:41:25

Can someone tell me about Moroccan hair oil confused?

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 22-Feb-11 17:52:21

When I get my act together I find an hour in the bathroom on a saturday morning (or whenever you have the time) for a facial/hair treatment etc.

Stick your toner (I have coloured hair) and a cleansing face mask (cheap from superdrug).

Spend ten minutes reading/listening to the radio.

Rinse it all off and use an exfoliater on your face.

Put on your hair mask, toning face mask and a leg/chest/body mask if you have one.

Have a sit down with your herbal tea (on a towel, you will be sticky).

Jump in the shower to rinse it all off, do a full body exfoliation/de hair etc.

Slather yourself in body lotion (really pile it on) and stick on a moisterising mask.

Wrap yourself in a warm towel (helps the body lotion sink in). Put your foot lotion/hand lotion on and your cotton gloves and socks on and have a loaf around for another 10 mins or so.

Rinse your mask off, rub the rest of the body lotion in.

You are all sparkly and clean. If you like fake tan you are all ready to stick it on now.

My fav body lotion is in a pump bottle. I put a base of something bland and cheapish and then add all the bits and bobs of face creams and samples and a some of that gradual tan. I always seem to have something to top it up with (just used the last bit of some baby nappy balm from sainsburys!).

If you do this weekly you get the 'base' sorted. You dont have to faff about doing bits and bobs all week. You will really see a difference in a few weeks.
You can add your teeth whitening etc to the routine i.e. whilst your first face mask is on.

Its a bit of time on your own but its not loads of time so you should be able to fit it in.

You can get through at least 4 glasses of water while you are doing it too grin

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 17:56:26

I will cut out any food cooked in the deep fat fryer and also say goodbye to my Pepsi sad I am a complete addict, but thats what is making me fat blush

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 17:56:53

Fabulous - ladies, so glad you're going to join us!

So the Shred is going to be interchangeable with some kind of intensive workout. Whatever suits you. And we're going to abstain from alcohol during the week. I will keep the core list going, but cut or add for your own purposes. I think we need a golden rule that you have to do at least 5 of the core list.

Suggest we each write our list down and stick it on the fridge.

2. Exfoliating
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise.
11. No alcohol during the week.

This is the hair oil www.moroccanoil.com/en/our-products.html

We start ASAP. I'm starting tomorrow.

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 22-Feb-11 17:57:58

Dont fancy the Shred but I have a ballet workout I do instead?

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 17:59:35

MrsDeVere - Loving the private spa ritual you have going there!!

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 18:00:05

Yes, ballet workouts in favour with BlackSwan!

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 18:07:38

I will order some of the Morrocan oil, until it arrives will use my trusted Olive Oil smile

naturelover Tue 22-Feb-11 18:25:11

I'd like to join!

I recently started body brushing and jogging, and eating more veg and drinking more water. Yet to feel the difference but it's early days.

I've just started a thread about serums. Is that what we mean by "regenerative face cream"?

I'm a bit scared of home tooth whitening? What is safe and effective and not too expensive? I've never done it before.

I recently bought a nail buffer and am trying to use it regularly.

My diet is reasonably good but I'm addicted to chocolate. No idea how to overcome this!

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 22-Feb-11 19:26:33

I washed my trainers today! They have been in the basket since god knows when. I have gotten sooooo lazy. Lloyds pharmacy are doing a pedometer for a few quid. I might WALK up and get one tommorow.

I dont need to lose weight so its easy for me to get a bit complacent. I do need to be fit though and I hate feeling all weak and watery.

Vitamins daily? I am terrible at remembering to take them.

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 19:29:00

Vitamins is a good idea. I am going to take some Berocca vitamins for a week on then a week off until then. I have seen good reviews about them.

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 19:37:28

Is THIS the same Moroccan oil stuff ? Just a bit cheaper as I'm not sure how it will be on my hair ??

LB29 Tue 22-Feb-11 19:44:05

Can I join. DP has hinted that he is getting fed up with the jogging bottoms and constant excess hair. I now only have 1 pair of leggings that I can fit in as I am refusing to but the next size up clothes!

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 19:53:21

Welcome Naturelover and LB29! Naturelover - I think any kind of anti-aging potion or lotion will fit the bill. Will check out your serum thread though, I need something to perk up my skin.

Evizza, that's clearly another brand trying to piggyback on the success of the branded Moroccan Oil, not sure what you're getting in that bottle - perhaps the olive oil would be better! Vo5 hot oil is pretty inexpensive, I'm sure it's also great for your hair.

LB29, if you're 29 then I'm sure you have little to worry about. Your metabolism hasn't even slowed down yet!

I think the daily vitamins suggestion is great. And the body brushing. On the list they go.

1. 8 glasses of water a day
2. Exfoliating
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg
11. No alcohol during the week
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing

I will call time when we reach 20!

Evizza Tue 22-Feb-11 20:01:43

I have just purchased some of the proper Moroccan oil, I feel like I am missing out on something the way everyone raves about it grin

What about 'face yoga' ? LIKE HERE ?

chocolateteabag Tue 22-Feb-11 20:04:39

Hi - can I join.
I've got the shred DVD - but need to free it from it's plastic wrapper (it's been surprisingly hard to open lol)

I had my lo in November and reeeaaaallly need to get myself back into being something resembling human.
Can I suggest:
Regular leg hair removal - I need to reacquaint myself with my epilator but I know they are not for everyone - no more yeti legs.
Give up chocolate for lent (or just for 40 days if lent isn't your bag) - or could be crisps or bread or whatever is your real weakness.
Start considering fake tan options now - to start mid way through?

I'm off to look at Moroccan oil...

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 20:05:22

Naturelover - for at home whitening: Swissdent products seem to get good reviews. I already have some whitening stuff from a past life (trays and whitener)... I haven't tried this one before though it looks good. I have used Rembrandt toothpaste and the results were ok, though it's not cheap.

naturelover Tue 22-Feb-11 20:08:39

Thanks BlackSwan

I've just eaten a doughnut, am I going to be evicted? God what a bad start, eh?

In my defence I have PMS, at least I hope that's what it is, and not pregnant. Not planning any more DCs at all.

EdgarAleNPie Tue 22-Feb-11 20:14:30

i will be in, so long as phase one goes ok.

i am going to weddings on march 19, may 21, may 28.

realistically i am still going to be a bit porky for wedding 1# but weddings two and three are doable as a Princess.

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 20:18:05

ahhh...doughnuts.

Edgaralenpie - I think even a few weeks will make a difference to us all.

I'm adding another one to the list. 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week. The omega threes will give us all a glow.

2. Exfoliating
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
14. At least 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week.

toddlerama Tue 22-Feb-11 20:30:56

Can I join, and suggest scheduling in a proper early night once a week? I need this project so badly! I have turned into some kind of wilderbeast without realising!

LB29 Tue 22-Feb-11 20:35:22

I am younger than 29 but all the crap food and coke addiction seems to be catching up with me. If I swap the 2 litres of coke I drink a day for water then I'm thinking I will feel allot better.

De-fuzzing is a must for me.

Is eating all the bad food and drinking my wine stash tonight a bad idea?

Lavitabellissima Tue 22-Feb-11 22:19:59

Hi chocolate teabag, I had twins in November so am with you on needing to get back in the swing of things smile

I'm on my phone so can't cut and paste but it looks like we've got a few more on the list.
15. Regular hair removal
16. Give up one naughty favourite item e.g. chocolate/crisps
17. One early night a week
18. No more fizzy drinks

Can someone please clarify about eyelash growing serum?

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 22:26:08

Yes toddlerama! Fantastic suggestion. Sleep - the rejuvenating effects of an early night in. Great stuff.

2. Exfoliating
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
15. One early night once a week. Suggest 9PM.

LB - You're still in your 20s you lucky girl. This will be a breeze. But the Coke has to go. Binge away tonight, tomorrow you're in boot camp.

BlackSwan Tue 22-Feb-11 22:34:33

x posts lavitabellissima - I will update the list:

2. Exfoliating
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
16. Regular hair removal
17. Give up one naughty favourite item e.g. chocolate/crisps
18. No more fizzy drinks

Eyelash growing serum is my (silly) suggestion, there are various clear mascaras and eyeliners on the market now which claim to be able to grow your lashes. Beware, some of these are definitely not good for you, they can even alter skin colour. I have used Talika lipocils on and off for years with no ill effects, & I think it does work.

We only have 2 suggestions to go. Though if there are any of the early suggestions you think we should review/cut then feel free to speak up.

exhaustednurse Wed 23-Feb-11 07:38:22

Can I join too?

What about daily body moisturising? I am dreadful for just slapping some on once a week, if that.

Also, what about a glass of warm water and lemon first thing in the morning?

BlackSwan Wed 23-Feb-11 08:15:30

Exhausted nurse, you're in, great! Like those suggestions, body moisturising is a complete oversight with me too. And water with lemon is a cleansing start & will remind us all first thing in the morning that we're committed to this!!

2. Exfoliating
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
16. Regular hair removal
18. No more fizzy drinks
19. DAILY body moisturising.
20. Warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m.

OUR LIST IS COMPLETE! Any edits welcome.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!

gretagatsby Wed 23-Feb-11 15:32:18

This is utterly brilliant and v inspiring. Please can I join?

sweetheart Wed 23-Feb-11 16:02:43

Hi all,

Room for another one?

It's my 30th birthday in March and I'm having a big party so I've been doing this kind of thing since New Year.

So far I've:-

Been doing a full body exfoliation 2/3 times per week using these www.boots.com/en/Boots-Exfoliating-Gloves_40558/

face scrub 1/2 times a week with this www.boots.com/en/St-Ives-Invigorating-Apricot-Faci al-Scrub-150ml_1110525/

Just finished 21 days of this www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-Wish-Upon-a-Jar-Wonder -Cream-50ml_1102620/ I need to find another face cream to replace this until the next 21 day stint, can anyone recommend one?

I've also been doing facial yoga for a few months - I fit it into my regime by doing it for a few mins every time I'm on the loo (which obv increases when you start drinking more water) wink grin

I've also been following the weight watchers plan since New Year so increased fruit, veg and water intake already. I've lost 9Ibs so far, hoping to shift a few more before the party too!

I really need some help with my eyes, I always look tired!

Ohhhh it will be nice to have other people trying to preen too grin

BlackSwan Wed 23-Feb-11 16:23:52

Sweetheart & gretagatsby, so glad you're joining us in our preening and primping journey!

This is working for me already... today I passed up the opportunity to buy 2 blocks of G&B chocolate for 3 quid. I felt you all looking over my shoulder!

I know this self-discipline will pay dividends. Let's have fun and keep each-other motivated. Interested in hearing how everyone gets on!

BlackSwan Wed 23-Feb-11 16:26:43

Sweetheart - interested in hearing more about the facial yoga. What kind of exercises does that involve and have you seen any difference?

BlackSwan Wed 23-Feb-11 16:30:17

So I completely messed up and left a healthy breakfast off the list. It's going back on & to keep this list to 20 I'm knocking the 1 pound in a jar thing off, sorry.

2. Exfoliating
9. Healthy breakfast daily.
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
16. Regular hair removal
18. No more fizzy drinks

Terrificteens Wed 23-Feb-11 16:33:51

Hey can I join you all from Monday? Have a fab weekend away planned but really need to take myself under control after that. I think that I will gym instead of shred and pass on the oily fish - other than that it sounds great!

sweetheart Wed 23-Feb-11 16:38:54

BS, there are tons of facial yoga video's on You Tube. I watched ones by a guy called Jack Lalanne who has been doing it for years but there are hundreds to choose from. I've started by saying my vowels very pronounced over and over again.

I started doing it because it is a family trait to have jowels and I can see mine appearing and want to hold them off as much as possible. I have noticed a bit of a difference in photo's with the old double chin and some days my face aches so I can really feel the workout.

Everyone has their own areas of concern right - like my nails are in pretty good shape so I don't need to worry about the hand / nail care. However my arse and face are other matters grin

cyrilsneer Wed 23-Feb-11 16:43:20

How about a home facial once a week?

Massage in cleanser then remove with muslin/ flannel and hot water -repeat for a really deep cleanse

Exfoliate

Mask

Serum/ moisturise

anon80 Wed 23-Feb-11 17:48:02

LB29 HONESTLY..............

My hubby had a coke addiction ( the drink ) and his stopped drinking it now for 14 months and has lost 2 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has not exercised and still does eat rubbish, so just shows how much weight regular coke drinkers keep on cos of the stuff

naturelover Wed 23-Feb-11 17:59:53

What's slighty depressing is that I already do a lot of the things on the list - but I still look haggard:

1. already drink lots of water
2. already exfoliate
3. not brave enough to whiten teeth but will book check up and clean/polish
4. will buy some serum
5. already buff nails and use hand/foot cream
6. not sure about eyelash stuff
7. already exercise
8. already eat lots of fruit/veg
9. already eat healthy breakfast
10. already use weekly hair treatment
11. don't drink alcohol at all
12. already take tons of vitamins
13. recently started body brushing
14. already eat lots of oily fish
15. will try harder to get early nights
16. will be more strict about hair removal
17. don't have many vices to give up - and feel a bit deprived if I give up chocolate and my one small daily coffee
18. don't drink fizzy drinks
19. already do daily body moisturising.
20. will start warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m.

The thing is, when I look at my appearance, the things that let me down are my clothes (ancient) and my grey hair. Both cost a lot of money to sort out! Oh well, I will do my best and will try to somehow update my wardrobe a bit with my tiny budget.

naturelover Wed 23-Feb-11 18:01:42

Oh another thing, I do find I eat less when I give up coffee. I think the caffeine upsets the blood sugar balance and also coffee makes me anxious/nervous and then I snack more. Bizarre. My one daily tiny coffee seems quite harmless and I really enjoy it though...

GeorginaWorsley Wed 23-Feb-11 18:44:07

Count me in grin
Already do quite a bit on the list,but need more early nights,more exercise and less alcohol .

BlackSwan Wed 23-Feb-11 19:16:27

Terrificteens and Georgina - happy to have you here.

Naturelover, you're ahead of a lot of us already! How about venturing into the world of home hair colouring? And the next time the sales come round, I implore you to indulge in a little wardrobe restructuring!!

naturelover Wed 23-Feb-11 19:23:14

Blackswan I did recently try home colour (with a friend's help) and it is ok but not brilliant. I need to find the right colour. Hard to find a match. It was a bit too red and doesn't flatter my skintone. Went for 6-8 week colour as not brave enough (yet) to do permanent!

LB29 Wed 23-Feb-11 22:15:01

anon80 - that is good to know. I have been needing to shift about a stone and a half for a while now so maybe it won't be as hard as I think. I get really bad headaches when I try to stop, maybe the water will help.

I don't have any trainers! I was planning on jogging but will have to put it off until I can go shopping for some.

LB29 Wed 23-Feb-11 22:38:51

naturelover- it doesn't have to be expensive to sort your wardrobe out. Before i put all my weight on i had nice clothes but didn't spend much at all. I would but nice basics with money or vouchers that my mum would give me for christmas. I also picked up other nice basic pieces for charity shops. I then would buy other bits from primark that I didn't think would stay in fashion for long.

dairyleadunker Wed 23-Feb-11 23:44:46

Hi ! Please can I join in too. had second dc November , have been browsing MN daily since then but this is first thread I really want to join in with ! Have put on 3 stone since first dc and weight is upsetting as i am little dumpling But in the meantime before i lose it all reckon I would feel a lot better following these tips.

BlackSwan Thu 24-Feb-11 08:26:32

dairyleadunker congratulations on your second bub! It's such a challenge to lose weight after you've had a baby. And to tone up a bit. Apart from being too busy to eat I helped myself along with the use of a Slendertone (cheat) and some mamma mio tummy cream called 'Get Waisted'. I'm back in my old jeans now. But it took me a good 7-9 months to get anywhere close to my pre-baby weight.

Agree though, it's not all about weight loss. Doing things which make you feel good and like you're taking care of yourself are really important. You must be really busy with 2 dcs. I hope you can find some time for yourself!

rubyrubyruby Thu 24-Feb-11 08:41:03

I will be a bride in a few weeks.

....... So I suppose I should join in really!

cyrilsneer Thu 24-Feb-11 09:29:52

LB29 I think that caffeine can be a problem - I drink decaff tea and coffee but I really love diet cokes even though I know they're dreadful for me (caffeine AND aspartame!). I go through stupid phases when I "allow" myself one can a day (mid-morning) and I love it but before long I notice that I'm more getting more anxious, sleeping less well and generally feeling "wired"/ jittery/ hyper. I then feel I need white wine in the evening to calm me down. I know that most people can drink caffeine without too many problems but it affects me really badly. I gave up these daily diet cokes a week ago and do feel calmer for it. Perhaps I'll permit myself one a week on a Saturday morning as a treat...

rubyrubyruby congratulations!

BlackSwan Thu 24-Feb-11 09:31:43

Ruby - you're IN. Are you ready for the big day?

EenyMeenyMaya Thu 24-Feb-11 09:34:02

I haven't read the whole thread, but I am in.

Black Swan, this is a great idea and really impressed at your success last year.

Wedding anniversary is 22 April, so would be great to look and feel human better by then. Two months not too daunting.

Hullygully Thu 24-Feb-11 09:34:43

I found that I just couldn't fit in all the routines, I can manage to eat little but fruits and vegetables, but I find the other beauty rituals take up too much time, so I have been saving for surgical procedures...I know, I know, short cuts, but hey! Ten years off in one go and bye bye tummy flab!

rubyrubyruby Thu 24-Feb-11 09:53:23

PMSL at hully grin

I will print out the list so thats a start.

Am I ready? mmmmm - not really. It's all coming together and I'm not stressed out yet.

Hullygully Thu 24-Feb-11 09:55:57

nature lover - you can do all that until the cows come home

But at your back you will ever hear Times winged chariot - not a one of us can escape it.

Evizza Thu 24-Feb-11 10:23:26

I have the list printed and am gearing myself up for a start on Monday as I am quitting smoking again then.

Oh, and my Moroccan oil arrived this morning, so will have a go with that later today after I have touched up my roots smile

Undertone Thu 24-Feb-11 11:15:38

I'm in! First of my friendship group is getting married on May 29 - after then it's a fucking stampede of weddings, weddings, weddings all summer and into autumn.

I NEED to look good in the photos. These will be the ones kep for posterity.

In the last 11 months I have lost 3.5 stone, am now a comfortable size 14. I am planning to be a size 12 for W-day on May 29. Probably need to lose 10-14lbs and I am COMMITTED. Grrr! But I let myself down badly on personal grooming. I am just a slimmer slob now.

So - to iilustrate the list;

Already on it. I must get through about 3L a day - 2L in general drinks and another 1L at the gym during workouts.

2. Exfoliating
Is this on the face or all over? My daily facial cleanser contains little grains, but I don't scrub too hard in case I irritate my ginger pale skin.

DEFO need this. I will browse reviews.

I'm 27 and not too many wrinkles (forhead biggest culprit). Can I skip? I already wear Olay factor 15 daily moisturiser every day, if that counts?

NEED THIS. But what do I do? Plastic gloves/socks filled with moisturiser? Will Palmer's cocoa butter do the trick?

Am ok on this one.

I go to the gym or go for a run 6 out of 7 days a week, burning a minimum of 500 calories a pop or running min 5km distance. Might Shred in the last month as well for toning - I used the DVD to great effect in the summer last year.

I eat a salad for both lunch and dinner (leaves/tomatoes) and have 3-4 pieces of fruit a day. I'm OK for fruit/veg I think.

Does Oatibix, skimmed milk and honey count? Again, have this every day.

I am SO excited - mine is en route from Amazon. Controversially, I went for Amargan instead of Moroccan oil. Still based on Argan Oil, but without the silicones which I hear can be bad (i.e. Frizz Ease is a disaster on my hair).

Done. Am totally cutting out booze apart from once a fortnight with dinner.

12. Daily vitamins
Done.

13. Body brushing
I have a mitt thing with that rough, raffia-y texture for the shower. Can I use this or do I need an actual brush?

Good idea. I am WAY too reliant on lean chicken, turkey and lean beef. I will add salmon to weekly shop for putting with salads.

Lovely. Will do.

16. Regular hair removal
I need to do this. Apart from daily swipe of armpits with razor and weekly leg-shave in shower, I do nothing. My bikini line is a disgrace. I will get my eyebrows waxed and see if my blonde 'tache is getting too visible.

Will forgo my daily digestive biscuit.

18. No more fizzy drinks
Now. This is tough. If I'm giving up my biscuit I NEED my can of Diet Coke. I need it.

Yes! Will do.

Will do - currently knock back a pint of cold tap water first thing, but will give this a whirl. Does it have to be the VERY first thing? Normally when I wake up I am thirsty, so if I drink some cold water first will that totally mess it up?

OMG - sorry for the essay. I will print out my list and start looking at spending some time in a salon and investing in gear to groom myself at home.

Lavitabellissima Thu 24-Feb-11 11:21:39

I have ordered my shred dvd and am going to start fully on Monday.

naturelover good idea about booking in for a check up/clean & polish at the dentist. I will do that today smile

It seems a few of us had babies in November, I had twins grin
I am shaping up for Easter when we are going to see all my family & friends.

Not sure if anyone else is brave enough, but Monday Am I'm getting Dp to take a picture of me in my bikini, hopefully that will give me the push I need to get healthy & in shape blush

JaquiChanFeelsBlue Thu 24-Feb-11 11:22:25

wow, I have lurked and lurked on this thread, it's brilliant, I need to join, I am a mess sad.

Evizza Thu 24-Feb-11 11:35:23

Welcome Jaqui smile I have really let myself go too lately, this 'project' is the kick up the backside I needed grin

Evizza Thu 24-Feb-11 11:36:13

Can I just ask where everyone gets their body brushes from ? This is one item I don't own ??

Hullygully Thu 24-Feb-11 11:41:53

I got my body brush from North Korea, mail order. They have the best kind, they are stoat, the undercoat which is really firm and stimulates the deep tissue. But they aren't cheap.

sweetheart Thu 24-Feb-11 11:58:33

Can someone elighten me regarding Morocan Oil - what's the deal? I have very fine hair which gets greasy really easily, I absolutly HAVE to wash it every day and the thought of putting oil on it is confused

sweetheart Thu 24-Feb-11 12:46:50

I'd also be interested to hear what daily vitamins you are taking and why. I have no idea what ones would be best to take.

5DollarShake Thu 24-Feb-11 12:50:00

sweetheart - Moroccan oil doesn't leave a build-up or residue, and you only need a small amount. It's fairly pricey, but lasts ages. I know some people use a cheaper alternative that you can get in most health food shops, called argan oil, I think? Not sure how it measures up, but pretty good, I think.

My shred DVD and hand weights arrived in the post this morning, so I'm going to give them a whirl this afternoon - batten down the hatches and close the curtains! shock

Undertone Thu 24-Feb-11 12:57:42

sweetheart - am excited as my Amargan Oil arrived in the post literally just now. It's supposed to not feel greasy at all - reviewers on Amazon stated same concerns but are pleased in the end.

I take a multivit and iron tablet every morning with breakfast. Just one of the cheapo supermarket/Boots-brand ones.

sweetheart Thu 24-Feb-11 13:13:55

ok but why use it - what is it supposed to do?

Same with the vits, why do you take those - what benefits are they supposed to give?

BlackSwan Thu 24-Feb-11 13:16:48

The various hair oils make your hair glossy and healthy looking. That's my experience, not marketing hype! I have used the Shu Uemura one for months now and I love it. I put a few pumps in before I wash my hair, and it doesn't leave any residue. You can also rub a tiny tiny amount in before you style. Want to give morrocan oil a go as it gets great reviews.

5DollarShake Thu 24-Feb-11 13:35:53

I use MO on my hair before styling, and then put a tiny amount on afterwards to hold it / stop it being flyaway. Leaves it lovely and shiny and healthy looking. And I have awful, frizzy coarse hair, so this is no mean feat. grin Of course, the Babyliss Big Hair doesn't hurt either.

Undertone Thu 24-Feb-11 14:06:28

Take multivit + iron because my mum is prone to anaemia. I eat plenty of dark, leafy stuff and red meat, but it can't hurt, as my periods are quite heavy. Also I'm worried that being quite restrictive with my diet (salad/meat/fruit/salad dressings/low-fat dairy/nuts/oatibix and THAT'S IT) might leave me deficient of some obscure trace vitamin (too lazy to look up). Been a habit since childhood, and apart from the flabbiness I'm dead healthy (touch wood). I have a sneaky suspicion that I feel more tired and run-down when I've missed them for a few days. Could be placebo effect though.

I'm trying the hair oil as my hair has suddenly gone frizz-o-rama (and my Babyliss Big Hair might be guilty of drying it out a bit), and I'm bloody fed up of every high-street conditioner being... well... crap. I've even tried salon conditioners, and they're crap after a while too. This hair oil stuff you seem to use instead of conditioner, and people who have been using it long-term have reviewed it well. Worth a whirl.

LB29 Thu 24-Feb-11 20:31:06

Has anyone got any tips on getting rid of dark circles under eyes?

BlackSwan Thu 24-Feb-11 20:44:40

LB29 I was going to say Hylexin... but the reviews are mixed. Suggest sleep!

chocolateteabag Thu 24-Feb-11 20:50:44

LaVitaB - I think i will join you in the Monday photoshoot. My DP will do anything to help me get back to pre DS size/shape(bless him - he is honest to a fault like I once asked him to be)

Not an add to the list - but I suggest we also do the following at some point:
Clear out/use up all the half bottles os product we have (or is it just me who has 13 - yes 13 - bottles of shampoo and conditioner in various stages of use, plus different bottle of moisturiser, hair defrizzer etc)
Wardrobe detox/clear out (ebay or charity) with a promise that all new purchases from now on MUST be classic items which we will wear to death.
This means investing in better quality items which will last for ever or making sure the Primarni item is able to be worn at least 10 times before it is dead.
Then the KILLER - throw out the "Primarni" things which have been worn out. Do not wear clothes which are bobbled and stretched to death! They make you feel as bad as they look.
To ilustrate - I have paid £34 for an Isabella Oliver white t-shirt ( in the sale) as I wore my maternity white one to death. I intend to do the same with this one (once I stop bfing and stretching the necks of all my Primarni vests)

Undertone Thu 24-Feb-11 21:18:58

Oo. I need to wardrobe purge. Everything is way too big or just horrible.

right. Night cream bought nd slapped on. Feels great. I NEVER miosturise at night.

Lavitabellissima Fri 25-Feb-11 06:40:03

chocolateteabaggood idea about the cosmetics & wardrobe purge, I have 3 bin bags waiting to go to the charity shop already!

Rules - if you haven't worn it in 18 months, it goes
If out has any holes or buttons missing it goes
If it is too big it 100% goes, we DO NOT keep things to grow into unless you are talking about maternity clothes.
If it is too small, is it still fashionable, and would you wear it of you could lose the weight? & can you actually lose that much weight? smile

Cosmetics - apparently you aren't supposed to use make up after 6 months confused
I bought a soap dispenser bottle and filled it with all my bottles of left over moisturiser, and do a different part of my body every time I wash my hands.

Any other ideas?

BlackSwan Fri 25-Feb-11 06:46:24

Had my 9pm bedtime last night - good thing too, up way too early with ds this morning, but I feel ok.

Have moisturised hands and feet more times in the last few days than have done in the past year. Hands are definitely less dry. Teeth already whiter. After my cuppa will go for my lemon & water.

chocolateteabag - have already started the cleanup you suggested and it was very cathartic to just ditch a bunch of stuff I wasn't using. I tossed out old bottles on my bathroom shelf and threw out/consignment sold old clothes and shoes & things I just never wear. I still have a little way to go, but my wardrobe is now much more organised.

cyrilsneer Fri 25-Feb-11 07:29:35

Well done Black Swan.

What aww you using to whiten your teeth? I ordered some more supplies of peroxide gel to go in my trays yesterday... Also bought some Sensodyne "Rapid" to rub in - hate the sensitivity I get.

Another question: cutting out fizzy drinks - foes this include fizzy water too?

abgirl Fri 25-Feb-11 08:01:17

Hello, would like to join please! Will print the list off today - my new year's resolution was a healthier lifestyle and have lost 12 pounds with ww since then but with half term holiday have fallen off the wagon in style this week! No fizz will be a real challenge for me, am addicted to diet coke to keep me going at work... One thing I have done is started going to bed earlier and getting up in the mornings to exercise which definitely works for me...

cyril although fizzy water doesn't have the baddies in it that coke does (aspartame anyone?) it definitely leaves me feeling bloated, and it's bad for the environment to keep buying plastic bottles - iif you get tap water in a metal refillable bottle it's much cheaper overall - but that's up to you...

Off to make some lemon and water and a healthy breakfastsmile

BlackSwan Fri 25-Feb-11 08:03:15

I use trays which I had made up before my wedding years ago. I buy the gel from my dentist. Even though I still have everything I need I rarely have the time or inclination to use them. I don't get sensitivity with this stuff.. [goes to check], it's called 'Optident'.

Are you kidding, fizzy water is AOK! Just no sugary stuff.

cyrilsneer Fri 25-Feb-11 09:28:37

I hate hate hate whitening my teeth but I push myself do it occasionally because I paid a fortune to have Zoom whitening done at the dentist a while ago and I'd be really cross if I let myself slip back to square one, if you see what I mean.

Re fizzy water - I have a refillable 750ml bottle that I cart around with me and sip from frequently. I probably refill it 3-4 times a day (I've always drunk a lot of water) but I quite like a glass of fizzy with lunch/ supper. My SIL says that fizzy water - whilst better than coke/ diet coke, clearly - still causes cellulite but hey ho...

I feel quite good about this whole project actually - I've (amongst other things):

Exercised twice this week (three times a week is my aim - will do this next week when I'm back to normal after half term)

Done a home manicure and home pedicure

Had my 'tache threaded blush

Tinted my eyebrows

and generally eaten healthily - I particularly like the "2 extra pieces of fruit/ veg a day" idea - I've bought a massive bag of carrots and apples and have one of each at that four o'clock "I could eat the house" moment.

Thanks for starting this BlackSwan.

anon80 Fri 25-Feb-11 09:44:45

Good to see everyone is doing well already

Im starting the shred on monday, and will kick start the rest of the list off too in full force.

Love MN

were all going to be models by the time April 29th comes- maybe i will walk down the street and even get mistaken foe Kate Middleton grin

sweetheart Fri 25-Feb-11 10:12:02

ohhhh choc bag I am planning a wardrobe purge too! I'm having a operation in a few weeks and will be stuck at home bored for a while so was planning on doing it them to keep me occupied. I can't wait to have a good old clear out (and then of course a good shop to refil it!) grin

BlackSwan Fri 25-Feb-11 10:50:23

cyrilsneer - it's fun huh? Good time of year to be doing this too - will prepare us all for exposing ourselves a bit more in the spring.

Sweetheart -good luck with your op.

rubyrubyruby Fri 25-Feb-11 10:58:59

OMG - as a soon bride to be I am really panicing now!

.... I need to be doing all this stuff don't I?

<<checks calendar>> hmm

cyrilsneer Fri 25-Feb-11 11:21:25

rubyrubyruby - yes you dooooooooo!

BlackSwan - it really is fun - such a good idea! - I've got a spring in my step already.

rubyrubyruby Fri 25-Feb-11 11:30:21

OK - here goes (I have printed this out and shoved it in a drawer stuck it on the fridge)

1. 8 glasses of water a day - nearly
2. Exfoliating - yes
3. Using some kind of teeth whitener - yes
4. Using some kind of regenerative face cream - yes
5. Intensive nail care (feet and hands) - when I remember
6. Some kind of eyelash growth serum - too late so will get falsies
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise - yes
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg - already eat loads
9. Healthy breakfast daily - always
10. Hair oil (moroccan hair oil for eg, or kerastase etc) - yes
11. No alcohol during the week - you are joking right?
12. Daily vitamins - never
13. Body brushing - ok
14. At least 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week - does tuna count?
15. One early night once a week. Suggest 9PM. - I lie-in instead!
16. Regular hair removal - yes
17. Give up one naughty favourite item e.g. chocolate/crisps - will have to be chocolate
18. No more fizzy drinks - yes
19. DAILY body moisturising - yes
20. Warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m.-- I NEED coffee

LB29 Fri 25-Feb-11 11:54:29

I have some trainers and I am ready for next week when the kids are back a school.

Have also booked myself in at the dentist.

gretagatsby Fri 25-Feb-11 11:54:43

I've just done level 1 shred for the first time - love that it's so short - the end is always in sight and i have no excuse not to JUST DO IT.

Weightloss tip - I did WW and there's a recipe for No Point Soup - basically all veg - i make a huge batch, keep half in the fridge to get through at meal times if i'm on my own or just when i'm feeling peckish (it's no points, so doesn't count... keeps me away from the chocolate, hopefully), the other half goes in the freezer.

Basically, NoFatSpray - fry up onions, then garlic if you want, carrots, peppers and/or anything else you fancy/have in stock. when veg has softened a bit, add tins of tomatoes and simmer for 25 mins or so. I then add a tin of beans like butter beans or cannelini beans as they're yum.

It's not the most exciting meal, but you are "allowed" to eat masses of it, it's sooooo good for you, it give you your five-a-day and it WILL fill you up - for nil points/minimum calories. If I replace three meals a week with something like this, I will lose weight.

The batch in the freezer is ready to defrost in emergencies.

Also, if you need something more substantial, bung it in the food processor and have it with chicken or fish, or even pasta (better to have pasta at lunch than supper, I'm told).

I highly recommend it. Having some now.

naturelover Fri 25-Feb-11 13:11:46

Great tip gretagatsby.

I keep trying to snack on raw carrots and fennel but I seem to have no self-control. They don't fill me up and I end up eating biscuits as well! In my defence I'm still breastfeeding so I think my calorific needs are quite big. I'm not overweight so maybe I shouldn't cut calories too much.

I'm good at getting my 5 a day though. I make smoothies for the kids and make enough for me too (so much cheaper than buying them). I use apple juice, frozen berries and some grated ginger (for immune boost). I also make soup as a main course at least twice a week. I always put beans or lentils in them as it's more filling than just veg soup.

Did you know many other countries recommend 5-10 a day, not just 5? I suppose if you aim high... I usually aim for 7 or so.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 25-Feb-11 14:35:52

I hate body moisturizing. Its always cold in the bathroom and I am lazy. I have been given an idea by the post about moisturizing a different bit everytime you wash your hands.

After my morning shower I am going to do one part quickly i.e. Monday - slap it on my legs, Tuesday- do my arms etc etc.

Genius!

BlackSwan Fri 25-Feb-11 15:28:47

MrsDeVere - agree - greasing up your entire body takes a while.

I put my money where my mouth is and spent a great deal more than i intended on a night cream. Well, actually a night cream and a 10 day intensive night treatment... but buying 2 products secured me a gift with purchase and a bunch of samples of body cream. hmm

Sushi for lunch and munching on blueberries as I type.

Rubyrubyruby, admire your commitment. Any fish is good, but salmon in particular has high levels of omega 3s which will make your skin glow. Google Dr Perricone anti-wrinkle diet... In a nutshell, eating anti-inflammatory foods makes your skin look healthier.

sweetheart Fri 25-Feb-11 15:36:24

hmm I have been thinking about this for a couple of days and I also hate body moisturising! I don't have time in the mornings as I stay sticky for ages which means I can't get dressed and get on, plus it uses an absolute ton of moisturiser to do my whole body.

I wonder if some kind of oil spray type thing would be the answer. Maybe something like this www.boots.com/en/Sanctuary-Body-Milk-Spray-250ml_1 1905/ what do you think?

Seeing as I'm doing nothing at the moment I'm sure something would be better....?

BlackSwan Fri 25-Feb-11 15:43:05

That sounds good sweetheart, much faster to spray on and do a slap dash rub in!

I used to use a Clarins body oil on damp skin after showering - you only need a few drops & it's pretty quick. You just towel off normally afterward. Smells like you've just had an aromatherapy massage too.

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 06:46:45

Hello can I join? I am desperate to scrub up a bit better as i feel that I am looking old and haggard.

I totally think i should be body moisturising but also find it so boring. Prfect me would put on St tropes everyday but bad me doesn't bother... Ued to use neutrogena after shower oil that is lovely but i have just remembered I was given some clarins body oil a year ago, I'll dig it out.

I will print out the list and start, i might try and see what i can realistically get done. My problem is that I don't knw how to fit it all in. I get up at 6.30am and leave for work at 7.15am. I have two young girls and I'm pretty sure I would wake them up at 6.30 if i started doing the shred at that time. Or even more likely they are already awake and then i have no space and they stand around watching and laughing... I love the shred when i can get into it... I get home from work about 6.30 and by time girls are in bed it's 8 and I'm shattered and all I want t do is have a glass of wine and then eat and then by the time I've filled dishwasher I want to sleep!

And the weekend- well there's so much to catch up on! I don't know how to fit it in. Maybe i should get up at 6am during week to do the shred... And definitely no drinking during the week. Like idea of doing a big bulk batch of soup for the evening or i could take it in for lunch i guess.

Anyone have any ideas for the time pressed?

BlackSwan Sat 26-Feb-11 07:38:04

Cristiane - welcome! That's a busy schedule - it will be a challenge. But remember you're 'getting married' in 2 months!!

Suggest cramming as much of this as possible into your work day. Is there a gym at work? Perhaps that's a better alternative to cutting out much needed sleep? Suggest a big bottle of mineral water on your desk as well as some hand cream. Any other tips ladies?

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 08:20:58

I'm still trying to get used to it because I've only started back at work very recently after five years at home!

I do walk now a very brisk 15 mins each way from bus stop to office so I guess that's something? There isn't a gym but what I could do is go for another walk when i don't have a meeting.

Hand cream. Is a good idea, I'll do that, what are everyone's favourite brands? I thin k one with an SPF wouod be good? and i have a bottle at my desk with an incorporated filter in it which is good. I make lots of big mugs of tea too.

I am trying to give up carbs in the evening and to start the day healthily, by taking in some yogurt and fruit. I am also going to take a bag of apples in i think to combat those energy slumps which will help me eat those extra fruit and veg in the wedding plan!

BlackSwan Sat 26-Feb-11 08:39:44

Cristiane - well done for heading back into work, very exciting. Apples are great. Almonds are a good desk snack too, and they don't go off quickly.
Hand creme - well I just started using nailtiques cuticle and nail gel which has transformed the leathery webbing between my thumbs and forefingers back to normal (too much handwashing). Sorry TMI.

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 08:46:08

Almonds are a great idea. And walnuts are good too aren't they, very high in omega 3.

My nails are terrible, they just flake off. I had shellac done a few weeks ago but the acetone used to remove it has meant they are bad again. Quite disappointed as shellac meant to be good for nails...

My skin is bad at moment. I have always had bad skin and the only thing that has ever sorted it is roaccutane, but that's really a last resort. Maybe by improving my general healthiness will mean that it will improve. Also I am very bad about not cleansing properly before i go to bed. <slap on wrist>

whoneedssleepanyway Sat 26-Feb-11 09:01:34

Hello all, i have been lurking on this for a while and would like to join in too.

Cristiane, I am in a similar situation as you 2 young girls and leave 730 for work back 630 (three days)...my one indulgence though is a personal trainer once a week on a Friday from 8 to 9 as DH can work a bit later and she works me very hard. Will invest in the Shred DVD though and give it a go on the other days.

I also try to drink a fresh vegetable juice once a day (spinach, celery, cucumber, green pepper and apple) so think i will carry on with this instead of the two extra fruit or veg.

Will give up choclate sad and am already trying to do the no drinking in the week (not been v good at this but will try harder)...

Better order some of that hair oil and what on earth is an eyelash serum....

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 09:08:56

Hello sleep i love your name... I try to put my tiredness in a mental box but today i am struggling!

I have the moroccan hair oil, it's very good, and that and the babyliss big hair is really transforming my hair.

I don't think i could afford a personal trainer, would be lovely though! I could go for a swim at weekends or for a run, or maybe I could run back from work, but that leads to clothes confusion! You know, having to change before you leave, then wondering whether to take your clothes home with you.... Hmmmm....

whoneedssleepanyway Sat 26-Feb-11 09:15:17

Thanks Cristiane...smile

I toyed with the running home from work thing but haven't done it yet.

The trainer is expensive but i justified it on the basis i don't spend the money i did pre children on going out...and i have definitely seen real results.

It is so hard to fit things in though am going to try to schedule a time at home and stick to it religiously....hmm we will see how that is going in a week's time hmm

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 09:42:38

Hiya - can I join?

I'm already on the S&B shred thread where we are going to measure and weigh ourselves weeklt to track progress.

I'm getting married for real at the end of August so am doing a lot of these things already.

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 09:56:21

Greta - I do the no points soup thing. I make a vat of it up and munch on it for lunch and when I'm hungry.

I get a bit bored of it in the evenings so I've been having diced cabbage stir fried in a teeny bit of sesame oil with chilli, ginger, sesame seeds and soy sauce. My downfall is too much wine wine wine

So the list:
2. Exfoliating - how often?
4. Using some kind of regenerative face cream - recommendations? I use cheapo moisturiser
6. Some kind of eyelash growth serum - I have falsies
10. Hair oil (moroccan hair oil for eg, or kerastase etc) - been doing moroccan oil for a week
11. No alcohol during the week - that's my downfall
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing - how often?
16. Regular hair removal
18. No more fizzy drinks

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 10:08:29

sleep - I have a trainer twice a week and it you're right it is money well spent. It costs less than when i used smoke and go out all the time!

I try to go to Zumba once a week as well, so will be doing the shred on the other days.

BlackSwan Sat 26-Feb-11 10:24:34

Sleep & catinboots - Excellent, so glad you can join us.

Sleep - eyelash serums make your lashes grow longer. They are applied as either a clear eyeliner along the lashline or as a clear mascara. They actually do work, though they are pricey and some have side-effects so if you do buy one get one which is tried and tested.

Here's one which gets good reviews:
www.boots.com/en/RapidLash-Enhancing-Serum_1051248 /

I have tried Talika lipocils and Enormous Lash and both work. Takes a few weeks to see results. I like using them because my lashes aren't naturally long and this makes my lashes look pretty good when I apply mascara.

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 14:03:19

Ok you have inspired me. This morning I have:

Had a long soak in a Dettol bath
Applied face pack
Shaved legs, pits and ladygarden
Veeted arms
Exfoliated all over
Washed, conditioned, morrocan oiled and dryed hair
Moisturised all of body with a gradual tanner thingy

Going to look online now for some new teeth whitening stuff

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 14:55:13

Dettol bath? What's that?

Have extra impetus now for starting my grooming - am going to wear this in ten days time so gotta lick myself into shape sharpish. Am considering radical no carbs thing...

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 15:03:50

Dettol bath is the most amazing thing in the world.

Several years ago I went out with a South African Sheep Farmer and he taught me this trick. Once a week have a hot steamy bath and put a splosh of Dettol in it.

You come out SO SO clean!! The cleanest you'll ever be! It also clears up any litle cuts, grazes, spots, minor skin irritations etc.

DS1 (11) has one once a week too. And we both have really really sensitive skin .

Try it. It is life changing grin

Cristiane Sat 26-Feb-11 15:21:20

Do you smell of dettol after?

Evizza Sat 26-Feb-11 15:31:41

Cristiane I LOVE that dress !!

I love the smell of Dettol, but doesn't it dry your skin a bit ??

catinboots Sat 26-Feb-11 15:50:43

No! I put bubble bath in too. You could rinse yourself off in the shower but we don't. I even wash my hair in the Dettol bath.

Evizza - I have quite dry skin and DS1 has a bit of eczema and I think it helps! It's very diluted - probably about 5 capfuls to a whole bath.

Try try try purleeese!

Every single one of my friends have been slowly converted grin

Hee hee, my kind of project ! I'm in! Also not to start playing the sad violin, but spent most of last year feeling rotten after traumatic premy birth. Then diagnosed with graves disease, lost lots of hair on treatment, eyes bulging and red and generally lost my verve! But I'm feeling loads better and determined to sparkle again grin I will be
-wearing my contacts more often
-whitening teeth
-getting babylis big h for mothers day
-I bought a lovely outfit during the week which has made me excited about clothes again. I'd bought nothing for months totally out of character
-sit ups for tummy toning

BlackSwan Sat 26-Feb-11 21:45:26

Eddie - you've really had a rough time, I'm sure the effort will pay off and help you feel back on track. Great that you're buying nice clothes for yourself again - you deserve it!

I keep reading about babyliss big hair, I clearly need to check it out!

BlackSwan Sun 27-Feb-11 09:51:55

Everyone had their healthy breakfast and lemon juice this morning?

DH is puzzled at the overabundance of lemons in the fridge nowadays. "Are you feeling sick? What's with all the lemons?"

naturelover Sun 27-Feb-11 09:56:24

christiane, when you say bad skin, do you mean spotty?

What worked for me might not work for you at all, so feel free to ignore, but I have pretty spot-free skin since I a) gave up dairy (DS is allergic and I'm breastfeeding) and b) started using Dermalogica products. They don't come cheap but if you find out from a therapist what you need, you can buy online more cheaply.

I know lots of other MNetters rave about Dermalogica too. It was life-changing to use their stuff and I doubt I'll ever stop. I am religious about cleansing and moisturising twice a day and regular exfoliating though.

catinboots Sun 27-Feb-11 09:59:21

Yep - I had my water and lemon and one crumpet with a smidge of organic peanut butter.

Have also just slathered face with Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream.

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 27-Feb-11 11:11:21

Well, lemons are on my shopping list.

Had healthy breakfast, slathered on body lotion after the shower, hand cream and cuticle oil, have ordered the shred DVD and some morrocan hair oil...so not a bad start.

Cristiane Sun 27-Feb-11 14:00:25

Yes, nature lover, i get spots. I have tried lots of things but it's been a while since i used dermalogica. I used to adore their actie moist moisturiser and some cool daily microfoliant. Then i moved to africa where you can't get it, and I forgot about it. Might give it noter try, Thais for the tip. What do you use from the range?

Had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and been out for massive cycle so feeling good for that! Also did my body oil thing. About to have veg filled lunch

Cristiane Sun 27-Feb-11 14:14:22

Also, nature lover, i have never given up dairy... Goodness, maybe I should try it. I can't imagine life without milky coffees though.... I could try just this week though....

Lavitabellissima Mon 28-Feb-11 10:24:17

So my monday has started really badly as the twins had me up most of the night so I've started the day with 2 really calorific chocolate biscuits.
However, my weight has gone down by 2lbs last week, so drinking water before I eat, increasing my fruit & veg and having a healthy breakfast have worked!

Ok, I'm going to put the girls under the baby gym and do the Shred for the 1st time now, wish me luck grin

sweetheart Mon 28-Feb-11 10:29:30

Ok so I totally forgot about the lemon and hot water but I did use an all over body moisture oil spray type thing after my shower this morning. I think I'm going to have to get up half an hour early to fit in all this moisturising and exfoliating!

catinboots Mon 28-Feb-11 11:38:42

I forgot the lemon water thing too but had a fruit tea when I got to work instead!

Lavita - there is another thread here on S & B for tracking weight and measurements whilst doing the shred (if you fancy joining in)

BlackSwan Mon 28-Feb-11 12:27:10

Lavitabellissima - GOOD LUCK!!

Having my 'new' lunch - poached salmon (leftover from DS's dinner) with salad...pea tops and mixed bean sprouts, drizzle of olive oil and squirt of lemon juice. Again with the lemons. DS demanded he try my lunch, but it all came tumbling out of his mouth in disappointment. Yum yum.

Lavitabellissima Mon 28-Feb-11 12:40:58

Thanks Black swan, it was pretty good, the girls watchingthought it was really funny!
I made a hot smoked salmon salad with new potatoes & green beans with a yoghurt dressing, v tasty last night!

Thanks Catinboots, I've joined the other thread too grin
Every 2lb I lose I'm going to do a non food treat. 1st on the list is buying some new make up as I'm only managing a slick of mascaras atm!

abgirl Mon 28-Feb-11 12:47:26

Had my hot water and lemon this morning, and branflakes for breakfast. Had salad lunch and back tracking on ww todaysmile - had fallen off the wagon during half term... Did Davina power of 3 workout dvd this morning too, so feeling pretty virtuous.

Yesterday went and had my eyebrows threaded for the first time. Stung a bit and still look a bit red and puffy this morning, but eyebrows amazingly tidy and shaped - for a bargainous £4.50! Have resolved to go once per month.

Now planning to print the list off and work out what is daily/weekly/monthly to try and fit everything into my normal life...

BlackSwan Mon 28-Feb-11 13:18:27

Abgirl - great effort so far! Changing little things in your daily life makes a big difference over time.

rubyrubyruby Mon 28-Feb-11 16:19:35

I just can't do the lemon water first thing as DP brings me tea in bed every morning with sugar! blush.

I have been applying hand and footcream every night and trying to wear rubber gloves for housework and washing up.

Going to try one of those eyelash serums
Well Done everyone - keep up the good work!

rubyrubyruby Mon 28-Feb-11 16:21:08

oh - and I start a month of no mid-week alcohol as from tonight.

sweetheart Mon 28-Feb-11 16:37:33

Was it on here someone said about putting vaseline on your eyelashes and eyebrows? I have done it a couple of times this weekend but wondered why?!?!!? Can anyone tell me the benefits of doing it? Dh looked at me like I was a total wierdo grin

rubyrubyruby Mon 28-Feb-11 16:49:29

LOL - I'm not sure about the vaseline. I wear contact lenses so probably not good idea. I would love to get my brows threaded but I'm scared they will get the shape all wrong.

Undertone Mon 28-Feb-11 17:12:55

<waaaaaaail>

I went to have my eyebrows waxed and tinted yesterday. I have it done every other month or so with no incident.

THIS time, for some reason, she took off a little patch of skin from under one eyebrow, didn't notice and then applied witch hazel to the wound. Eeeeek!

It's pretty superficial, so will heal quickly I hope, but I look awful and I vow never to go for waxing again - threading only from now on!

But I had a hair cut, had my layers freshened up, have been persisting with the Amargan hair oil and Babyliss Big Hair and so at least my hair looks nice.

Managed to go out and get bladdered on Saturday, which isn't really in line with the whole 'looking after yourself' theme, so have vowed to be healthier this week. I DO NOT want to go to the gym tonight but I will force myself. I hope the sweat doesn't make my eyebrow sting too much.

naturelover Mon 28-Feb-11 20:02:33

How is everyone getting on?

I hope you all have more willpower than me! Maybe it's because I'm home a lot with two young children but I find myself reaching into the biscuit tin too often. If I avoid buying biscuits completely then I find myself motivated by strong sugar cravings to actually bake! So today instead of doing my exercise dvd during DS's nap I was baking chocolate biscuits... and then I proceeded to eat about seven!

No surprise that I've gained 1.5kg in the last 2 months. I seem to be permanently hungry though.

On the upside, I'm doing all the pampering things.

christiane perhaps you don't eat much dairy. I think I was previously eating quite a lot, which is probably why giving it up made such a difference. I was having cows' milk on cereal every morning, yoghurt every day and cheese most days too. As well as butter on lots of things.It's definitely high in saturated fat. I don't even miss it that much actually.

catinboots Tue 01-Mar-11 10:25:06

I've done gradual tan moisturiser all over my body for last two days.

The face pack I did at the weekend has made my face a bit dry.

Can anyone recommend a good eye cream?? i have lots of fine lines under my eyes. I use the tinted Garnier rolly-thingy over my foundation.

HarrogateMum Tue 01-Mar-11 10:45:28

I would like to join if I may! Normally I spend evenings slumped in front of the tv with several (ahem) glasses of wine...last night I resolved to get healthier and instead of vegging I had a bath with the kids, exfoliated and did a face mask, then after my dinner and fizzy water (halo icon required), I fake tanned and did a manicure before retiring to bed with a fruit tea to watch Biggest Loser.

This morning I have a spring in my step and have stayed away from the vending machine at work (so far....). I am on my second 500ml water of the day and feeling very virtuous! Can I keep it up tonight though........what beautifying can I do to take my mind off wine and bad things!

RoyalBlingThing Tue 01-Mar-11 11:23:35

Hello all
Am jumping in to join up,have been mildly depressed and have not been looking after myself. Too many nights skipping the healthy family dinner in favour of a bottle of wine and a giant sharing size packet of crisps.I'm away from all my friends and family and won't see them till Easter so I reckon that qualifies for a special occasion !

So far today have drunk lots of water, moisturised and avoided crap snacking,had extra salad in my sandwich and done a set of hand weights.

Have banned diet coke [evil stuff] and will attempt alcohol free weekdays (am two days in on this I haen't had a booze free day before since about last October and that was because I had gastric flu blush)
Onwards and upwards (and all that)

BlackSwan Tue 01-Mar-11 11:39:51

Wonderful to have you both on board Harrogatemum and RoyalBlingThing!

Think my 9pm bedtime is due tonight. So fatigued. I may need a week of 9pm bedtimes to repay some of the debt owing to my sleep bank account.

Ordered Babyliss big hair thing, waiting for it to arrive. Excited at the prospect of successful home styling. Please let it live up to my expectations!

RoyalBlingThing Tue 01-Mar-11 13:34:00

Thanks for the welcome !
Its 5.30pm here (am in Dubai.. another reason I want to lose weight glam up is its started getting hot again and theres nothing like 30-50 degree heat to make you feel dumpy and frumpy)
Its normally about the time I start making dinner and eyeing the wine bottle. hmm
I did a home manicure last night to keep me busy after the kids were in bed... might find a book to read

ho hum

cyrilsneer Tue 01-Mar-11 14:23:27

Well I went off the rails a bit at the weekend because we were away but am now (largely speaking) back On Message.

Cross-trainer 20 minutes or brisk walk 1.5 hours three times a week is going really well

Eating healthily is going mostly well but I am pre-menstrual/ sluggish/ peckish so am just doing the best I can (oatcakes are surely much better than packets of salt and vinegar crisps?)

Tooth whitening has commenced in earnest - day three today... Am waiting for unbearable sensitivity/ pain but so far so good.

Am keeping on top of basic maintenance like de-fuzzing/ exfoliating/ gradual self tan...

Have also made an appointment in a couple of weeks time for Restylane filler in my top lip and the vertical lines that run from the side of your nose to the outside corner of your mouth. Sod it - in for a penny, in for a pound!

Dillinger Tue 01-Mar-11 14:37:47

Hello can I join please grin

Im not doing too badly but could do with shifting half a stone. I bought a shedload of body butters in the sale so will get on with moisturising every day, and will remember to body brush too.

Could I ask for a bit of an idiots guide re. a good face cream (currently using a neals yard one at mo or a brightening one from superdrug) and perhaps some dermalogica recommendations? Im pretty skinto so cant afford to try too many things but if something is awesome I can justify it. A boot in the right direction would be lovely smile Also moroccan oil stockists, anyone?

<<<<makes notes

Dillinger Tue 01-Mar-11 14:39:45

Meant to say - Im getting those awful '11' lines between my eyebrows and small lines under my eyes (Im 29 in may, sob) so need a good cream to sort that. Looked at the soap and glory one linked to on here but apparently you only use that for 21 days or so, so either way Id need something else for when the 21 days is up.

I really need to find some cheap treatments near me too.

catinboots Tue 01-Mar-11 14:52:34

ebay for morrocan oil.

Botox for your '11'. Sorry. It's the only thing that works!

whoamamma Tue 01-Mar-11 15:40:46

can i join? just had baby number one, and would like to look presentable, never mind princessy!
<plucks wild eyebrows before baby awakes>

naturelover Tue 01-Mar-11 18:15:55

Can someone please explain the advantages of eyebrow threading as opposed to just, er, plucking them at home.

Thanks!

I think I need to revise my list and remove anything food related. Every time I try to cut down on something or restrict my diet, I inexplicably think of food all day long and end up eating MORE.

If any of you read French I would heartily recommend reading Maigrir Sans Regime by Dr Zermati. I don't think it's been translated into English. It's basically a self-help book for overeaters and yo-yo dieters and explains the phenomenon I just outlined above, ie if you think of food as bad, you become obsessed, you eat without thinking, etc etc. I think I need to read it again soon!

One time on holiday DH and I took off our watches and basically decided to eat when we were hungry and sleep when we were tired (clearly this was pre-DCs). I have to say we both came home lighter and happier. Of course with young DCs this is impossible for me now, and indeed anyone who works has similar restrictions on mealtimes, and is too busy to do this. Anyway, sorry for the essay, just wanted to share a few thoughts.

I'm going to focus on the pampering. Tonight, facemask and shave legs.

christiane to answer your question, I used to use these Dermalogica products:
Special Cleansing Gel
Daily Microfoliant
Active Moist
Pre-cleanse couple of times a week
Skin refining mask after skin prep scrub once a week

I use different products now - my skin is no longer as spotty.

I really recommend finding a good therapist to properly analyse your skin and get you kick-started with a facial. It's not cheap but money well spent IMO.

BlackSwan Tue 01-Mar-11 18:25:45

Dillinger, whoamamma and anyone else out there - yes please join us in our quest for achieving personal fulfilment through hair removal, crunches and body brushing!

Dillinger - I really love products by Revive, which they stock at spacenk. There's real science behind their stuff, one of their people won a nobel prize for their technology. I have really seen results. Their moisture renewal cream, which you use as a night cream and contains glycolic acid and some stuff called 'epidermal growth factor' is very effective.

cyrilsneer - how long does the restylane last?

naturelover, I find claims that one method of hair plucking is superior to any other method that yanks out the hair dubious. The hair can't tell the difference, can it?

Dillinger Tue 01-Mar-11 19:08:38

Holy crap I cannot afford any of that sad

Botox? Oh dear! confused

BlackSwan Tue 01-Mar-11 20:03:20

Olay Regenerist?

cyrilsneer Tue 01-Mar-11 20:11:16

BlackSwan - the Restylane will cost £375 and should last about a year before it needs topping up. Sounds a lot but it will, I'm sure make a positive difference.

I have been having Botox three times a year since I was 40 (I'm now 44) and just think it is fab. I pat £275 each time.

These things are my major indulgences though - I just use Simple cleansing wipes and face-wash and SPF day cream. I use Revitalift cream at night because it contains Retin A which is the stuff that actually works.

I do home facials with olive oil and a hot water flannel to cleanse and then ground up aspirin as a scrub/ mask.

BlackSwan Tue 01-Mar-11 21:15:57

Thanks for that cyril - not a bad price for a year's insurance!

Dillinger - the Revitalift cream that cyril recommended is the one which is meant to be great on the '11' lines.

rubyrubyruby Tue 01-Mar-11 21:22:20

I'm not doing very well sad

Began a month of no midweek wine today and refused a glass from DP this evening. I then remembered I had a white wine and soda at lunchtime!

........ Not sure I have any half-used botox up the back of my bathroom cupboard either.

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 01-Mar-11 21:39:20

Not so good here. Been body brushing, hair oil arrived but caught DD1's vomiting bug so no food for 24 hours and broke the fizzy drink ban as needed coke. Look rough and have loads of horrible under the skin spots round my mouth as my period is due...great ! A long way from a princess sad

BlackSwan Tue 01-Mar-11 21:53:02

Oh no whoneedsleep... is that awful bug doing the rounds AGAIN! You poor thing. You have all the fizzy drinks you want!

Rubyrubyruby we are all falling off the wagon left, right and centre. Just don't ask me how I'm getting on with my exercise regimen. Tomorrow is another day.

RoyalBlingThing Wed 02-Mar-11 04:08:30

Ah look its me all keen and shiney to kick you back into the zone

Had my early night last night.
Day 4 of no alcohol
Started with hot water and lemon (suprisingly nice)
Showered and moisturised
Off to make some porridge and defrost some berries.

BlackSwan Wed 02-Mar-11 07:08:40

RoyalBlingThing - such an appropriate moniker for this thread. Glad someone is holding up so well!!

I will take a leaf out of your book. Already ate up my porridge.

Failed to go to bed early last night, though I really needed it. My brain and body are acting independently of one another: last night I squirted anti-bacterial soap on my toothbrush and just now spooned espresso coffee straight into my cup.

Evizza Wed 02-Mar-11 07:10:24

I haven't started yet blush but will today...

Am gonna get kids ready for school, do the shopping and then get started on my list. Have not started the 30 day shred yet, but have been decorating my house so think that will count as my exercise for the last couple of days !

Will report back later having started Project Princess wink

Spangers Wed 02-Mar-11 09:27:27

Ooh can I join in too? I am 29 mid-April and would like to be non-dumpy and frumpy before it's too late.

I have put loads of weight on recently from using a different pill so I look so hideous at the moment.

I have I also have a box of crest strips which I will start using from tonight.

Have also been going to a new gym for about 6 weeks now, going to make more of an effort to go 3 times/week instead of 2.

and epilate my legs more often.

and growing my hair long again but it's taking ages.

BlackSwan Wed 02-Mar-11 09:30:14

Spangers - you sound very serious about self-improvement - attagirl! You're in.

RoyalBlingThing Wed 02-Mar-11 09:58:54

Its 31 degrees here have been sunbathing in lieu of fake tan (its almost impossible to buy fake tan here grin )

Ham salad sandwich for lunch
Have had another hot water and lemon instead of my usual coffee and just gulping another water before I go and pick the kids up from school....

Is the 4 hour time difference freaking you out yet?? grin

whoneedssleepanyway Wed 02-Mar-11 10:17:24

Good day so far here.

Bug gone!

Shreddies and cup if tea for breakfast - lemons and porridge in shopping list for later.
Body brushed, exfoliated body and face, body moisturised, face moisturised and used protect and perfect for first time AND used my morroccan hair oil for first time OMG can't stop stroking my hair!

Booked dentist appt and getting hair trimmed on Fri.

Shred DVD arrived so will start this when energy returned post bug.

Things r looking up!

Dillinger Wed 02-Mar-11 10:33:16

Right Ive written down olay regenerist and revitalift, Im going to look into them an hopefully purchase one at the weekend. Thankyou smile

HarrogateMum Wed 02-Mar-11 11:15:24

Yes RoyalBlingThing it is freaking me out! WHat are you doing in Dubai anyway? Tell all.

I was rubbish too last night, I stopped off at the chip van for the kids tea after picking them up after being really saintly all day at work and refusing offers of chocolate and crisps. I then had to eat a few of their chips as they smelt so good. I then thought oh well in for a penny, in for a pound and proceeded to polish off the best part of a bottle of wine. And did no beautifying whatsoever as couldnt think what else to do after the manicure and fake tan of the night before!

So I have to get back on track today and think no booze, no treats etc. On my first bottle of water and have been eating fruit all morning. Someone needs to give me more beautifying tips as to what else I can do in the evenings when DH is away (which he is a lot) that I can do instead of vegging!

RoyalBlingThing Wed 02-Mar-11 15:33:19

[polishes halo]

I have had NO caffiene today. Lots of fruit and veg and my new thing no carbs after 6pm (its 7.30pm here now)

I obviously can't keep this up until April but I'm enjoying my in the zone smuggery somewhat !

Harrogate : I'm re reading the Lord of the Rings books (tvs crap in Dubai)

Current ploy to avoid the alcohol is to clean my teeth or apply handcream

I'm also keeping a set of small handweights behind the sofa in the living room and doing the odd 15 reps

abgirl Thu 03-Mar-11 13:14:44

Sainsburys have lots of serum face stuff (including regenerist I think) with a third off, threw something nice looking in the trolley this morning so will start using.

Am really struggling on the no diet coke front, think it is a deeply ingrained habit I am in at work and it stops me porking on crisps and sweets....

RoyalBlingThing Thu 03-Mar-11 14:25:48

I had to hae a cup of tea this morning was getting withdrawal headaches.

Still off the diet coke for the moment but tonight is my Friday night IYKWIM so I'm having alcohol (and friends over for a BBQ) SO I will not be good (but will be back on the Wagon on Sunday (which is the 1st day of the working week so my sort of Monday ... are you all following this as i'll be asking questions late?

RoyalBlingThing Thu 03-Mar-11 14:43:14

latER

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 03-Mar-11 15:32:10

Hot water and lemon check
Porridge and berries check
Body brush and moisturised check
Hands lotioned check
Morroccan hair oil check

Then downhill four bite size shortbreads in my meeting and a chocolate brownie at lunch but water and fruit too

Will have a green veg juice and salad for dinner to redeem myself.

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 03-Mar-11 15:33:45

Hot water and lemon check
Porridge and berries check
Body brush and moisturised check
Hands lotioned check
Morroccan hair oil check

Then downhill four bite size shortbreads in my meeting and a chocolate brownie at lunch but water and fruit too

Will have a green veg juice and salad for dinner to redeem myself.

BlackSwan Thu 03-Mar-11 15:57:50

Royalbling - understood - you're in the middle east - it's your friday. Prepared for questions later!

Porridge for breakky. 8 glasses a day. No alcohol during the week. Don't drink diet coke or coke or anything fizzy anyway. Mani this morning (DIY job, but looking pretty good, it's a pale colour). Hair is looking nice - babyliss big hair proved a little challenging on the first go... for those who have one this will make sense: I made it twirl in the wrong direction so my hair got tangled up in it and my reaction to the tangling was to grip the switch harder, so ended up nearly ripping my hair out. Am idiot. Need lessons.

Spangers Thu 03-Mar-11 15:58:20

Right, I fell asleep on the sofa couldn't be bothered to do teeth whitening last night so as I'm WFH today I've started from now instead. I used the body brush as my entire body is now made of cellulite.

Been to Boots and bought some Soap and Glory pore mask thingy to try at the weekend (they didn't have any of the eyebrow things sad), I'm going to the gym tomorrow and saturday and I will paint my nails later.

I can't give up diet coke even though my insides are probably rotten. I don't drink tea or coffee though so it's my only caffeine vice.

RoyalBlingThing Fri 04-Mar-11 11:59:51

Hangover tick
Fat coke tick
Sausage sandwich on white bread tick

Arghhhhhhhhh

RoyalBlingThing Fri 04-Mar-11 12:02:19

How can my head still hurt?
I've had two lots of painkillers and its 4pm

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch

Thats an ouch for each bottle of wine drunk last night

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 04-Mar-11 13:22:35

Think it will hurt until tomorrow Royal....

I finished badly last night with half a bottle of red wine as DD1 was a horror....am going to treat it as one of my weekend drinking nights and not drink on Saturday now instead (hmm we'll see how that goes)

anyway nails are looking much better after nearly a week of hand cream and cuticle oil and haven't bitten them now for over a week...

having a cut and blow dry this evening.

am definitely looking more presentable than I have done in a while.

catinboots Fri 04-Mar-11 14:04:47

I had a wardrobe purge last weekend. I was ruthless. . DS2 is 1 next week and I'm getting closer to my original weight(ish).

I've been making do with a few cheap shit items for the past year as I couldn't bear to spend money on fat clothes!

Apart fdesigner/vintage/special stuff - I nearly threw out my whole wardrobe. Bought a few new bits at the weekend and want to try and by one or two items a week so it doesn't have to be so costly.

BlackSwan Fri 04-Mar-11 15:36:46

OK, let's get one thing clear. Princesses in the making cannot be boozers. Well, at least not on weekdays. RoyalBling, I realise it was your 'weekend' but THREE BOTTLES OF WINE?!? shock wink

Whoneedssleep...lucky you having your hair done.

Catinboots - I love a good wardrobe purge, so cathartic. Makes you focus on what you really need to buy wardrobe wise. There's something of a disconnect between my lifestyle and my wardrobe. Wardrobe contains loads of dressy items. But ATM I'm mooching around in jeans and tops I can wash and wear.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 04-Mar-11 18:19:32

I know u r right about the booze black swan...hard though! Will lay off it on sat night!

Hair is looking good.

LB29 Fri 04-Mar-11 20:33:13

Sorry I haven't posted for days.

I have been quite good. I have only had 3 glasses of coke all week and hardly any tea or coffee. The headaches have stopped and I am enjoying drinking plain water.

Dentist went ok today. I am in alittle pain but nothing major.

I have been taking a multivitamin.

Will been starting jogging next week as this week has been so hectic. Still need to invest in a body brush.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

naturelover Fri 04-Mar-11 20:37:43

Update from here:
have been good with body brushing and moisturising
need to buff my nails tonight
had one early night - bliss!
have been doing some exercise (enough for my own standards)
have abandoned all dietary restriction in favour of "moderation" (as my essay the other day pointed out - as soon as I restrict myself I start craving that thing and it all goes to pot)
have been drinking lots of water
have started using a serum - and I think it's helping
have been eating more veg soup than usual
have booked dentist for clean & polish
have shaved my legs a bit more often

and in anticipation of looking better for the summer, have been browsing clothes online (though in reality I have no cash)

I'm going to have a small glass of wine now - my first in a week

Have a great weekend everyone

Evizza Fri 04-Mar-11 20:44:51

I went out with hubby today, bent down in car to pick up shopping and have pulled something in my upper back/shoulder sad I am in agony, and didn't even do anything strenuous (sp?) to cause it !! So exercise is on hold for now, but have been exfoliating and moisturising and looking after myself.

As of yet I haven't stopped the Pepsi, but am working on it grin

BlackSwan Fri 04-Mar-11 21:23:54

Evizza- ouch! Hope the pain eases. Take something for it, don't be a hero! Have to say I'm quite relieved you didn't put your back out while exercising because of this thread.

OK, ladies we're finally at the weekend. Looking forward to a nice glass of wine.

At last count I think there were about 30 of us... I'm curious to know how many have made it this far! hmm Thanks guys for posting updates... keeps the rest of us motivated. So far so good. The beginning is always the hardest when you're whipping yourself into shape.

Just a recap on the list for those who haven't etched it into their refrigerator doors:

2. Exfoliate
3. Use teeth whitener
4. Use anti-aging face cream
6. Use eyelash growth serum OR eye cream.
9. Healthy breakfast daily
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
16. Regular hair removal
18. No more fizzy drinks
19. DAILY body moisturising

To keep things interesting... how about from now on we say we have to do EVERYTHING on this list - but can knock out 1 thing we won't do.

I'm exercising my OP's prerogative to include eye-cream as an alternative to eyelash serum. But that's as much slack as I'm cutting! grin

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 10:38:29

I had a PT session at the gym this morning then came back and did shred dvd.

Now sitting with glycolic face peel on about to jump in bath for hair removal etc...

Was bad and naughty - had kettle chips and wine last night angry

RoyalBlingThing Sat 05-Mar-11 12:12:42

Ooooo that Swan is harsh !

I don't normally drink that much but we had friends over...yadda yah yadda yah

Sorry Miss

I still have a headache. Had lunch at the golfclub and instead of my usual wine and full English..I had two large bottles of sparkling water and a chopped salad.

Pork chops and salad for dinner tonight and no alcohol.
Have got PT coming at 7.30 am tomorrow (eeeek)and have told her its hardcore so show me no mercy (if I cannot walk the next day it shall be my pennance for the evil drink)

BlackSwan Sat 05-Mar-11 13:28:17

RoyalBling - I think you have redeemed yourself!

whoneedssleepanyway Sat 05-Mar-11 13:52:27

can I just check a few things...

the hot water and lemon, do you have to drink that before you have anything else? i have been having it with my porridge.

eyelash serum, checked this out in boots, the only one they had was £40.......... no way could i justify that.

teeth whitening, i have a slight prob with this in that my front tooth is a porcelain cap so obviously won't whiten would like the others to be a bit whiter so just use whitening toothpaste, what are these strips everyone is using?

vitamins, why are these necessary if eating a good diet....and which ones are people taking.

whoneedssleepanyway Sat 05-Mar-11 13:53:39

sorry one more thing. those of you using gradual tanners, what do you do about your face and neck, do you use a face one too as otherwise don't you end up with tanned body and pale face?

thks.

RoyalBlingThing Sat 05-Mar-11 15:32:19

I've not done teeth whitening I have very sensitive teeth.
Eyelashes are very long and dark anyway so a dab of vaseline is my take on this
Supplements: have started taking kelp (it seems to rev up my metabolism) but as I'm eating better multi vits seem a bit of a belt and braces
Gradual tanners : have a year round tan so concentrating on moisturising and remembering to put on SPF (irrc back in England I used an Olay daily moisturiser which had a little bit of fake tan in it was V good and natural)

HTH (and Swan doesn't kick me out)

RoyalBlingThing Sat 05-Mar-11 15:34:12

Oh and hot water and lemon I think is best drunk first thing.

cyrilsneer Sat 05-Mar-11 16:00:08

those of you using gradual tanners, what do you do about your face and neck

Hi whoneedssleep.

I use the St Tropez self tan spray (white aerosol can with greeny-turquoise lid) on my face/ neck/ decolletage and Johnsons Holiday Skin (medium dark) on the rest of my body.

The St Tropez product is just fab. It delivers a fine mist which ensures even and natural looking results. Don't use moisturiser before it though - just spray it onto a clean dry face.

I do this (St Tropez spray/ Johnson's) about three times a week to maintain a healthy-looking level of colour (as Billy Connolly once said - "my natural shade is blue - it takes me a fortnight in the sun to turn white").

When I spray it, I spray over my face for about two seconds, pause then repeat (don't ask me why - it's just what I do and I know that this delivers a healthy glowy beige not a full on Tantastic Kat Slater/ Jordan orange.

I always do this after a bath/ shower and before bed. It does leave a suggestion of a colour on my white pilliwcases but nothing too terrible and it washes out completely.

It's oil-free too by the way. Swear by this product. It's about £20 and I buy it in Boots to get the points. Really can't recommend this approach highly enough.

Go buy!

LB29 Sat 05-Mar-11 16:00:59

Have tried having hot water and lemon but i hated it, made me gag.

I take a multivitamin because although my diet isn't too bad I am always anemic. If you feel you don't need them then don't waste your money. Mine are cheapish a-z vitamins and minerals from wilkos.

cyrilsneer Sat 05-Mar-11 16:22:57

I've not done teeth whitening I have very sensitive teeth

Hi RoyalBling..

Re: sensitive teeth. I have had the weirdest thing happen.

A few of years ago I had trays made up using "The Smile Place" (ordered via the internet).

I tried my best to persevere but the sensitivity and pain was unbelievable and unbearable so I had to stop. It was also a nuisance trying to find two hours in a day when it was convenient to have the trays in.

Some time later, I decided to pay for "Zoom" whitening at the dentist. It was horrendously expensive. It was immediately effective but, again, I had the most excruciating pain and sensitivity. It was utterly miserable.

Since then, I've let me teeth slip back a bit but since starting Project Princess have decided to get the trays out again. I needed to buy some more gel so did a bit of research and found an online Daily Mail article which seemed to favour a company called "Whiter than White" - google it and you'll find the article quite easily.

I decided to order the strong 16% gel that you only need to leave in for 40 minutes rather than the 11% stuff for sensitive teeth that you're supposed to leave on for 2 hours simply because I knew it was going to hideous whatever I did and 40 minutes is more bearable than two hours.

I started last Sunday and have had the trays in for 40 minutes a day. My teeth are visibly whiter and I have hardly any sensitivity at all and no pain to speak of...!?!?

I really don't understand any of this but I'm thrilled, as you can imagine. I's just going to keep going (for another week or whatever?) until I'm happy with the shade of my teeth.

Hurrah!

Apologies for the long waffly post but thought I'd share the story in case it helps anyone who's had the same experience as me.

BlackSwan Sat 05-Mar-11 17:33:28

That's excellent news cyrilsneer, tooth sensitivity is excruciating & always blindsides you when you least expect it.

Royalblingthing I am so jealous of your long dark lashes!

Must go - DS just took his first steps!

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 19:45:33

Blackswan - how hold is your DS? My DS2 is 1 next Friday. Not walking yet but not far off i'm sure ;))

naturelover Sat 05-Mar-11 20:06:13

I did the warm water and lemon today for the first time - first thing in the morning - and it made me feel quite queasy (too acidic?) I think I'll stick with big glass of plain water as usual.

I take LOTS of vitamins, but this is because I'm breastfeeding an egg and dairy intolerant DS so my diet is limited until I wean him (probably quite soon). After I stop bf I'll probably take a multivitamin/mineral, evening primrose and acidophillus but I'll stop the iron and calcium. My diet is pretty good but I suffer from terrible PMS so I figure it's worth taking supplements to make sure I get enough minerals esp magnesium, iron and a couple of others. The evening primrose is for that too - and is allegedly good for skin.

PS last night's glass of wine gave me a headache too - only one glass! I am so out of practice. I actually think I will stop drinking completely - the gain:pain ratio is not worth it.

BlackSwan Sat 05-Mar-11 20:35:36

Catinboots - he's 13mo. He makes a big song and dance of standing on cue... but wasn't keen on a repeat performance of his initial steps. Too much performance pressure! Happy birthday to your DS for next week.

Naturelover - lemon juice takes a bit of getting used to. I'm beginning to like it. Am putting a dose of Spa Tone iron in mine.
So you're going to be a tee-totaler? Very well done.

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 20:37:58

Rememeber last week I attempted to introduce some of you to the Dettol bath?

Did anyone even try it?? sad

I had another one tonight and it^ ^was heaven.

Afterwards, I am indulging in another of my favourite beauty treats (which DH pointed out as weird tonight)

I've had my Dettol bath, defuzzed, moisturised etc.

Now I've applied a Sudocream facemask which I will wear overnight. Not to thin, not to thick. Just enough to make me look like Caspar! I'll wake up in the morning with soft, silky skin. Any blemishes/dry bits seem to disappear too.

I know these two things are plain weird. But can I persuade any of you potential princesses to experiment in my sworn-beauty-rituals!?

Just for the record - I am open to trying anything weirs and wondeful in an attempt to beautify myself....

Cat grin

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 20:39:13

shit typing

sorry

rubyrubyruby Sat 05-Mar-11 21:07:30

Cat - I have dettol on my shopping list honest! I would have done it before but had none. I have just paid out for an expensive face peel so will skip the facepack though.

Do those eyelash serums really work?

I have less than 4 weeks! <<panic>>

GeorginaWorsley Sat 05-Mar-11 21:09:56

Update here:

1.8 glasses of water.
2.Nutrogena facial wash at night.
3.Less alcohol.
4.Less chocolate.
5.Dove gradual tanner 3 times a week
6.Eye cream at night.
7.Failing on exercise front though blush
8.Babyliss big hair-ing

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 21:14:46

Ruby - are you having a big wedding?? What is your dress like? My dress is amazing and I am so excited to wear it <shallow emotion>

I'm getting married on AUgust 27th and I can't believe how quick it's coming round....

Yes - I need evidence of eyelash serum-success too...

rubyrubyruby Sat 05-Mar-11 21:27:11

Cat - we have about 60 coming, mostly family and a few close friends at a beautiful venue about a mile from where we live - it's late afternoon with no extra evening guests.

I now love my dress too having had a complete panic about it a few weeks ago.

BlackSwan Sat 05-Mar-11 21:28:24

catinboots -the smell of dettol reminds me of childhood illnesses! My mother would sit our mercury thermometer in a glass of diluted dettol. I remember rinsing my mouth out with it too...have you ever done that?? It's revolting! Makes your tongue feel bizzarely furry.

Am willing to try the facemask though! <Picturing Doris Day applying cold cream mask in any number of 50's movies...>

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 21:30:44

Blackswan - I've accidently swilled some during a detol bath! You're right it does feel yuk. But blimey it sorts out an ulcers you may have wink

Ruby - show me (a pic) of yours and I'll shoe you (a pic) of mine....

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 21:31:45

agggh twatty typing sorry.

an *any

shoe *show

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 21:33:15

Am looking very Doris Day-esque as we speak.

(if you ignore the hair-pineapple and Primarni PJ

grin

catinboots Sat 05-Mar-11 21:33:50

AAAGHHHHH

PJ *PJs)

BlackSwan Sat 05-Mar-11 22:24:57

My lashes are growing - but takes a few weeks for it to work - not sure it's worth trying with only a month to go before your wedding Ruby!

Have only used the lash serum once a day so far, but now I know it's working I'm using it twice a day. Oh for naturally long thick lashes.

Ruby & Catinboots - I miss the thrill of wedding dress shopping. Walked past a boutique today and wished I could go in and try a few gowns on!!

RoyalBlingThing Sun 06-Mar-11 06:54:03

Cat : sudocrem is known as magic cream in our house,I've got a facial booked for tomorrow otherwise I'd have given it a go.
I haven't seen dettol in the shops here (my mum used to put TCP in the bath is that similar?)

One hour of exercise (squats/jogging/tricep dips/weights/lunges and the plank done this morning)Must admit that I had so much more energy after cutting out the wine blush

Skin is feeling much softer as well
Crikey I think the plans working

grin

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 06-Mar-11 08:18:41

Swan well done to your DS!

Cat may give that a go, DH works away overnight once a week so will try it when he isn't here...so it doesn't cause mass break outs? To be honest my skin has been so awful for the last 6 months it has to be worth a shot!

Maybe I will invest in some eyelash serum then if it really does work, I have the thinnest shortest lashes known to man!

Am planning to do the Shred this morning for the first time as am finally feeling back to almost normal after all the sickness in our house!

catinboots Sun 06-Mar-11 10:19:59

No - it gets rid of spots! And dry skin!

TCP - just the same I expect.

rubyrubyruby Sun 06-Mar-11 11:38:38

Not sure I can link to my dress Cat - it's not a wedding dress and I bought it from am individual dress shop.

I am sticking to my tea with sugar in the morning blush and can't go to bed at 9pm because the DC's are still up! Trying to do everything else though and only drinking mid-week if I am out or have company.

..... may try the eyelash stuff then Blackswan

RoyalBlingThing Sun 06-Mar-11 13:32:20

Salmon with wholegrain basmati rice and broccolli and carrots and peas for dinner.
No alcohol (have found this (excepting Thursday nights shame) a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Have moisturised and drank water

Am having one cup of tea and one cup of coffee a day (vast improvement) and NO fizzy drinks.

Thanks for starting this thread it was the kick start I needed.

LB29 Sun 06-Mar-11 17:51:22

I have tried the sudocream and thought it was brill. Usually just use ponds cold cream.

Headaches seem to have gone!

cyrilsneer Sun 06-Mar-11 19:29:27

Re: Lash serums - which one works? Presumably there're sine that are better than others...?

BlackSwan Sun 06-Mar-11 20:35:28

I'm using Enormous Lash - which has had good results without side effects. I tried Revitalash, but noticed the rim of my eyelids darkening in colour, so I stopped using it and returned it.
Latisse is meant to work well, but there can be side effects.
www.latisse.com/Latisse.aspx?state=10 These ones are all quite pricey.

Judging by the reviews, the results and incidence of side effects are quite variable. Only advice I would give is that if you do start to see a difference to eye colour or lid colour, stop using it immediately.

cyrilsneer Sun 06-Mar-11 21:21:50

Thanks BS.

What causes this change of colour though? Is it an allergic reaction or what?

I don't know the first thing about these serums... Do you buy them in Boots? How much are they?

rubyrubyruby Sun 06-Mar-11 21:34:30

I have just found some dettol up the back of the cupboard - use by Aug 2002!!! blush

......... It'll be ok though won't it?

project princess and cupboard slut grin

catinboots Sun 06-Mar-11 21:36:43

Yes!! Dettol bath and report back??

(and sudocream facemask after??)

Does anyone else have any weird and wonderful beauty tips?? X

lackaDaisy Sun 06-Mar-11 21:50:26

I'm just a lurker on this thread (don't have the determination to stick to the "rules" but I find the thread inspirational.

Anyway, I'm briefly de-lurking to say to catinboots that Dettol baths were a regular feature of my childhood. Mum used to put a splosh of Dettol in our bathwater once a week. I don't do it as regularly any more but I can vouch for catinboots' claim that it really cleans your skin like nothing else!

catinboots Sun 06-Mar-11 21:58:21

grin @ lackadaisy for championing the Dettol Bath! Xx

BlackSwan Mon 07-Mar-11 03:03:26

cyrilsneer - they cost anywhere between about 40 and 100 quid. Not even sure if you can buy Latisse in the UK. It's made by Allergan, who make Botox too.

Any discolouration would be concerning... you would need to read up on what causes it, but I don't think it is an allergic reaction. If I had blue eyes I wouldn't go near it. Some say they can affect the colour of your iris. Don't know if that's common.

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 07-Mar-11 08:37:28

I read a few concerning reviews of revitalash saying it made eyelashes brittle and fall out shock am going to stick with vaseline for now.

rubyrubyruby Mon 07-Mar-11 11:11:29

.... I think I will give the lash serum a miss and stick with mascara.

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 07-Mar-11 11:32:29

I did the shred for the first time yesterday but being a clumsy oaf and not very princess like I managed to smash my finger against the metal fire place grate when I was lying on the floor doing the exercise raising your arms with the free weights and so now have a big black bruise under the nail of my little finger, am hoping I won't lose the nail....that definitely would not be a good look....

RoyalBlingThing Mon 07-Mar-11 11:46:04

Ouch to bruised finger

I ache all over after my hardcore PT session

Have had a rene guinot facial this morning ... oooo it was lovely
Hot water and lemon this mornign with porridge and berries.

Have just had a smartie cookie and a cup of tea (thats my treat for the day)

BlackSwan Mon 07-Mar-11 16:22:40

Yow! Poor finger. Will polish cover it?

RoyalBlingThing, was it one of those facials where they run rollers over your face? I've had a few Guinot facials like that, they're excellent.

Gloriously sunny afternoon here, walked around the park staring at the clear blue sky - haven't seen it in ages. Dying for warmer weather.

RoyalBlingThing Mon 07-Mar-11 16:26:46

yep the rollers that weirdly set off my tastebuds so I can taste metal and the ozoney gun thing that smells like old potatoes

(cat is that weird enough for you ? grin ?)

catinboots Mon 07-Mar-11 20:10:51

The weirder the better!!

BlackSwan Tue 08-Mar-11 06:10:04

RoyalBling - skin must be gleaming today.

I feel rough! Caught DS's cold, both of us coughing our way through the night, tried giving him a bit of honey to ease the coughing and he thought I was trying to poison him apparently. Besides which he woke me at 2.30 for a bottle. And he decided 2 days ago he no longer needs a morning nap. Shattered.

Lemon juice with an espresso chaser for me!

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 08-Mar-11 07:55:34

Swan hope u and your DS feel better soon. Maybe u can both have a nap together later.

Can't believe it has been a week since I ate chocolate I was eating some every day before this it was like a drug I craved it but weirdly I am hardly thinking about it!

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 08-Mar-11 09:30:56

Hmmm - used dove gradual tan body lotion this morning (got some for Christmas that I hadn't touched and thought now is as good a time as any) and am sitting at work and I STINK that horrible fake tan biscuity smell....just hope no-one comes too close, luckily my boss is working at home today. I mistakenly thought being a gradual one it wouldn't have the same whiff and didn't notice it when I was applying it but it appears to have developed and...it does! God what we do in the name of beauty.

Do you ladies apply the fake tan at night then to avoid this problem?

RoyalBlingThing Tue 08-Mar-11 11:51:05

Swan hope you're feeling better..
I used a clarins one that smelt passable(irrc it was in a brown pot and had a spf of 15)

Still being good
Had sushi for lunch and have drunk lots of water.
Have been for a swim at the beach with the kids straight after school.

(there are now trails of sand all over the house but ho hum)

BlackSwan Tue 08-Mar-11 12:16:51

Thanks guys - much better now my brain has snapped into gear, helped along by the brilliant sunshine outside.

The time difference is funny Bling, your school day being over already! Lucky you off at the beach. Come to think of it, your entire lifestyle sounds very cool. Here I am in London thrilled that the thermometer may have hit 10 degrees outside.

whoneedssleep - yes, whenever I have done home tanning I have used the gradual stuff at night. My morning shower takes most of the odour then. I use the St Tropez one. They're all about the same. I like the johnson & johnson gradual one too.

BlackSwan Wed 09-Mar-11 09:10:22

Right ladies - I'm off on holidays soon, so will check in when I'm back. I'm going to do my best not to succumb to temptation from the mini-bar or elsewhere! May even have a spa treatment to fast-track this mind & body rehabilitation. Wish you all the best of luck with your own progress! Keep up the good work!

catinboots Wed 09-Mar-11 11:55:47

I like tha avon gradual tanner - I'm quite fair skinned and it's not too orangey

naturelover Wed 09-Mar-11 12:57:55

Have a great holiday BlackSwan.

I might try a gradual tanner before I get my legs out - realistically this is months off! But it hasn't stopped me having a clear-out of my summer clothes and making a wish list of what I need to buy (does not translate into available cash, alas). So I will have to be choosy about what clothes I buy.

Do you filter tap water or drink bottled water? I drink London tap and it's not nice. Might buy a filter. I am drinking lots of herbal tea - do you reckon this is as good as water?

I feel much more content since I decided to not deprive myself of food on the basis that it's "naughty". That self-help book I'm reading is a good reminder of why diets don't work (in brief: if you make something "forbidden" you WILL crave it). So I'm aiming for everything in moderation. The fact is, my diet is ok and my weight is ok.

In preparation for summer, I'm working hard on exfoliating my rough knees and feet. Too much kneeling to change nappies has made my knees very discoloured, yuck.

How is everyone else doing?

whoneedssleepanyway Wed 09-Mar-11 13:20:59

Have a fab holiday Swan! Hopefully you will come back serenely relaxed, off anywhere nice?

Planning to do the Shred a bit later again and have personal trainer booked for Friday.

Need to start juicing again as been a bit lax on the green juices.

DH is away tonight so tonight is sudocrem face mask night...!

Nails are looking the best they have in yonks, haven't bitten them for nearly two weeks...

Waxing booked in for Friday.

rubyrubyruby Wed 09-Mar-11 21:04:03

Hope you have a great holiday Blackswan smile

I tried the dettol bath!, it was good and <<whispers>> Cat - I have found a pic of my dress wink

I recommend Sally Hansen 'Miracle Cure' for nails - blue bottle with gold top.

catinboots Wed 09-Mar-11 22:10:40

Please ruby pic pic pic

I'll do mine now

catinboots Wed 09-Mar-11 22:15:26

But I've got it in champagne instead of ivory.....

RoyalBlingThing Thu 10-Mar-11 02:50:03

Cat: Wow ! That is SOME dress !

Kids all up so am drinking hot water and lemon
Have aqua aerobics today
Have another bbq tonight (will attempt to drink slightyly less than last week!)

grin

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Mar-11 04:07:45

WOW cat!! A real 'princess' dress - beautiful.

I can't link atm because I'm on my phone.

Morning Royalbling smile

RoyalBlingThing Thu 10-Mar-11 04:36:40

Morning Ruby !

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 10-Mar-11 08:28:45

Fab dress Cat

Did sudocreme face mask last night was good and has improved this awful dry patch by my nose

Guess I ought to try dettol bath too!

ZZMum Thu 10-Mar-11 15:43:11

sudocreme mask here as well - works so well I am going to have to go get some Dettol!!

naturelover Thu 10-Mar-11 16:07:53

Well last night I did face mask, ironing and polished my shoes (kind of grooming, eh?)
Then I undid all the good work by going to bed ridiculously late. Tonight, 9pm for definite. I'm a zombie and look terrible.

Not brave enough to try sudocrem mask as I have a tendency to get greasy skin. Instead did Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask. With a name like that, what's not to like?

Late night meant I missed my run today. Will make up for it by doing one at the weekend I suppose.

RoyalBlingThing Fri 11-Mar-11 06:39:40

Ouuuufff
Well I suppose on the upside I drank less than last Thursday nights horror and I feel vaguely human.(albeit with mascara halfway down my face)

Woke up at 10.00 (kids sat watching dvds and had made their breakfasts blush )

Might go for a swim later
Lots of fruit and water for today

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 11-Mar-11 15:21:41

Crikey I would love your life RBT...DD2 had me up at 545....sigh.

Still had personal trainer this morning but did break the cardinal no alcohol mid week rule with a glass of wine last night....

Helium Sat 12-Mar-11 07:36:51

Long time PP lurker - first time poster. Just wanted to know how everyone is getting along with PP - is it working? Which thing(s) are having the most effect do you think?what differences have you noticed?

naturelover Sat 12-Mar-11 10:23:23

The things that seem most effective for me are:
-body brushing is definitely making my skin softer
-forcing myself to have at least one early night is giving me more energy

I was already doing quite a lot of the skincare, vitamins, water, no alcohol etc

I've failed spectacularly with the diet and exercise this week though

RoyalBlingThing Sat 12-Mar-11 17:13:23

Cutting down on alcohol mid week and general better healthier eating has worked.
Friend said I looked really well

Mind you I've just spent the day at the beach and my back despite factor 30 is decidedly pink

[ouch]

Evizza Sat 12-Mar-11 18:35:51

I am doing quite well...Went to the gym a few times this week and am doing well with the body exfoliating. Have got my heels all smooth now too, and they were horrific grin

I am on the look out for a good moisturiser and skin regime now smile

RoyalBlingThing Sun 13-Mar-11 06:52:21

Good stuff:

session with personal trainer done
showered and mositurized
Have drunk lots of water

Bad stuff:

My back still feels a bit warm
Have just eaten 3 chocolate digestives [doh]

catinboots Mon 14-Mar-11 09:15:06

I am Zumbaing tonight and tomorrow. PT wed and thu.

I WILL NOT DRINK UNTIL FRIDAY <hopeful>

Anyone else tried the Dettol bath? <hopeful>

RoyalBlingThing Mon 14-Mar-11 13:27:22

I found some dettol (in a green bottle?) at the hypermarket today.

Will try it out when my sunburn subsides

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 15-Mar-11 13:39:39

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am not doing very well today.

didn't have the hot water and lemon and had * whispers * a can of coke but DD1 had me up in the night at 330am and I didn't go back to sleep by the time DD2 was up at 530am and am trying to work...

oh dear, had been doing really well

* hangs head in shame *

RoyalBlingThing Tue 15-Mar-11 16:14:46

All is not lost!
I think a 3.30am start needs caffiend (sic)

I had 3 double shots of expresso this morning blush

Other than that am keeping on the healthy eating/moisturizing

Have got a pedi booked for Thursday

RoyalBlingThing Thu 17-Mar-11 09:38:39

Pedi cancelled as I dropped a very heavy wine bottle on my foot and mu little toe is bleeding and bruised.

SO had a manicure instead

I shall continue to talk to myself...

rubyrubyruby Thu 17-Mar-11 09:43:01

I'm stil here royalbling smile

ouch about the foot but grin at dropping wine bottle on it!

.... I am having some fishes nibble at my feet next week!

RoyalBlingThing Thu 17-Mar-11 10:17:01

Ooooo they have on outdoor one of those at a waterpark here... I always feel sorry for the fish TBH ... its not exactly an appetising dinner is it !!

Its the start of the weekend here so might sit by the pool and neck a gin and tonic blush

BlackSwan Thu 17-Mar-11 15:34:04

Back from my 'holiday', if you could call it that! Ended up coming home early as DS was sick from night 1. He's on the mend now thankfully. Managed to eat loads of carbs, chocolate and greasy food while I was away, so need to get back on track.

How are you ladies doing?

naturelover Fri 18-Mar-11 13:22:17

BlackSwan that does NOT sound like a good break or rest for you. Glad your DS is ok now.

How is everyone doing? I've slipped on the food and exercise, but doing ok on the grooming front.

The body brushing is making a big difference to my scaly knees (from kneeling to change endless nappies) and my bumpy upper arms.

I should probably cut down on caffeine a bit, it makes me jittery and hungry.

I've been eyeing up some summer clothes online even though quite frankly it won't be warm enough for ages to wear them (but it's nice to have an incentive to get my legs in shape).

Have any of you fallen in love with any new products?

RoyalBlingThing Sun 20-Mar-11 05:42:10

Morning ! Sorry your holiday was crap Swan.
I've been keeping it going (though yesterday I have to admit I did have my first can of diet coke since I started it as my friend automatically ordered me one at lunch.

Alcohol consumption is way down this week.

Have just had an hours personal training (jogging/resistance stuff)

Nature: am trying out the oil cleansing method

I've also lost about 5lb grinsince I started PP

[happy dance]

Evizza Sun 20-Mar-11 09:55:24

I couldn't manage to completely stop drinking pepsi - it's a bad addiction I have blush I have limited myself to 1 can a day - which is a big drop from 8-10 a day !!

I have been to the gym Monday to Friday and doing the shred at weekends now, am eating sooooo healthy also, so am really seeing results as have dropped from a size 18 to a 16 smile

I am going to look into the OCM as I tried washing my face with Hydrous Ointment Emollient for extra moisturising but ended up with an allergic reaction so have been unable to use a face mask or exfoliator for the past few days lol !! At least my trusted Aloe Vera gel has got rid of the red face blush

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 21-Mar-11 10:49:57

Hello

Nightmare about your holiday Swan.

I am still trying to be good here.

Managed to do the Shred three times last week.

Have kept up with body brushing and moisturising, using anti ageing serum, hair oil. Had leg wax and manicure at the weekend and a wash and blow dry in advance of a family party on the saturday night and looked the best I have in a long time so something must be working....

Managed no mid week drinking last week too!!! (although prob made up for it fri and sat....).

Well done on the weight loss Royal!

Meggles76 Mon 21-Mar-11 11:31:51

Evizza I also have bad pepsi addiction and didn't realise how bad until I decided to stop. Am down to 2 small glasses per day.

Saw the lovely Ricky (seriously lovely ripped 25 year old wink) at gym today and have a training plan and now need to keep up good eating.

BlackSwan Mon 21-Mar-11 11:34:19

Good for you whoneedssleep! Nice to get out and flaunt it!

Evizza, that's a huge drop in your pepsi intake. Two dress sizes down, fantastic!

RoyalBling, you're doing fabulously.

Thanks guys... my break was a nightmare, haven't even told you the gorey details. Flights were missed, outfits vomited on, early mornings spent in foreign hospitals... best forgotten about. Need to book another trip - we're just feeling sheepish about it now.

Have charged my Clarisonic cleanser and back on a healthier diet. Am booking myself in for some treatments this coming Sat. Hair needs a trim and I'm overdue a facial.

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 21-Mar-11 15:37:59

Oh my life Swan that sounds like hell.

Think you fully deserve some pampering treatments on Saturday, enjoy!

RoyalBlingThing Mon 21-Mar-11 16:06:05

Eek Swan, especially crap as you pay money to go somewhere, look forward to it and then it all goes pearshape sad

Meggles my PT is female (I don't think i'd be able to concentrate with a Ricky around grin

I tried rye bread for the first time today (was very nice) and have cut down on portion size and ditched the crap.
Bought some new underwear
Walked shopped for ages (the Malls here are huge and air conditioned its the best place to walk)

I did have a tiny 125 ml glass of red wine with dinner
but all in a good day (well done whoneeds on your wine willpower!)

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 21-Mar-11 16:23:27

I have a femal PT too Royal.

I did some group classes with her and wanted a PT and she is Spanish, very attractive and has a seriously good body and I thought if that isn't an advertisement in itself then I don't know what is...I have def seen results.

I think I would be too self conscious of all my body hang ups with a Ricky around!

I don't think 125ml glass of wine counts, that is medicinal...

BlackSwan Mon 21-Mar-11 20:40:55

Ha ha ha 125ml is just below the allowable threshold!

I have been preparing myself for new underwear by chucking out old ones as soon as they turn a weird colour in the wash. If I don't go out and by some new ones soon I will run out!

Just found out I'm attending a work dinner for DH in a couple of weeks. Further reason to take this gig seriously. Have been warned not to buy a new dress. He said nothing about shoes, hair, makeup, PTs... grin. Now where's Ricky's number??

cyrilsneer Mon 21-Mar-11 22:20:26

Hi BlackSwan, so sorry to hear about your holiday... We've all had the odd complete turkey from time to time though... Shame...

Well, my news... On the plus side:

I've lost 3lbs - a small loss but at least it's in the right direction.

I've been off the diet cokes completely (with the exception of two cans - two little slip-ups)

I've used tooth-whitening gel every day for a fortnight and my teeth look a bit brighter for it. I've now almost run out of gel but think I might buy another lot and use it once a fortnight to keep things going? Does anyone know if this is ok?

I'm having an olive oil/ aspirin facial at home once a week and using self tan to keep a bit of colour going

I am going to book a pedicure this week and then have one once a month from now on - now that summer's coming

On the minus side, however:

My finger nails are dreadful - need to sort these out... really wish I could afford to just have Bio Sculpture Gel once a fortnight but I can't

I'm hopeless with the no alcohol during the week rule. No will power at all..

I've got a big party to go to in April, so that's a good incentive for me to up my game, also a family get together in July and summer in general. I shall now go and slather on some cuticle oil and handcream to make a start on these dreadful hands!

Ooooh, can I join please.

I am on a real fitness mission, it's my 40th in a couple of weeks and since jan I have been on a real blitz - I wanna be fab and forty!!!

I have really overhauled my diet, given up wine (just for now) and am doing loads and loads of exercise. I have lost 16 lbs since I began, just another 7 lb off and I should be there, just need to get my thighs toned!!

My fitness regime is this:-

Weekly I do 3 spinning sessions, 2 badminton sessions, 1 zumba, 1-2 pole fitness and 1 aerobics......as you can see lots of exercise and I love it and am feeling a lot better because of it.

I lost my mum in August last year to lung cancer and bloated up a bit in my misery but have given myself a massive kick up the arse so fingers crossed it lasts.

Good luck to all us princesses xx

BlackSwan Tue 22-Mar-11 15:53:51

Hi Desperate - of course there's always room for one more! You may well already be the fittest of the bunch. What do you have planned for your 40th? I hope you're doing some serious celebrating.

How sad about your Mum. I'd imagine something like that does change your outlook.

Welcome.

Hi Blackswan, excellent, reckon I will fit right in here, lol!! Not overly much planned for my 40th, just a nice meal out with some good friends. I was going to have a spa weekend but really since I lost my mum sort of lost the zest for it and now cant be arsed, lol............a meal and lots of wine will be just fine.

Thank you!!

naturelover Tue 22-Mar-11 20:06:37

Welcome Desperate.

So sorry for your loss. Well done for finding the motivation to make changes. I'm so impressed at all your exercise and weight loss.

As for me, still not doing very well with exercise (short run twice a week though I suppose it's better than nothing). Difficult with DH working long hours and by the time he gets home the pool is closed. That's my excuse.

Am massively hungry and bloated today but it's probably PMS. Also spotty (same reason I suspect). Will try for a face mask and early night tonight.

Am generally doing ok on the grooming front. Just booked another haircut. Really need to make a decision about covering grey. Have tried a couple of home semi-permanents but haven't found the right brand or shade yet.

Really wish I had some cash for some new spring clothes, now that the weather seems to be warming up a bit.

RoyalBlingThing Thu 24-Mar-11 04:47:42

Morning !
Failed miserably on the wine front last might (considerably more than 125ml was taken)
Am still eating well though

[looks on bright side]

BlackSwan Thu 24-Mar-11 11:53:43

Also had a bit of booze last night...for medicinal purposes (I'm such an old lady). Have a hacking cough as I caught DS cold AGAIN, so I cracked open DH's top shelf gentleman's liquor. Didn't help much though it did numb my tastebuds.

Gorgeous day in London, spring is definitely here. Got a new top yesterday, bit cool for it yet, but have it on today which has perked me up a bit.

Naturelover - decided what to do about your hair? Going permanent?

catinboots Thu 24-Mar-11 19:09:53

Hey Princesses - sorry not been on thread for a while. Work. Has. Been. Mental.

Been doing good. The drinking water and daily moisturising has made a MASSIVE difference to my skin. I normally have botox every 6 months but haven't been able to afford it since last May. Am holding out till June (my wedding is in August) to get it done.

Untill a few weeks ago my forehead and crows feet looked AWFUL! I cannot believe how much better my face looks. I wish I'd done before and after photos.

Been puttting on Avon daily tanner so looking a bit less blue.

Diet been okay but fallen down on the drinking thing Stress at work makes it too easy to reach for the wine in the evenings. Am still gyming/shredding but totally at a standstill on the scales due to the alcohol

Ordered new teeth whitening stuff today and more Morrocan Oil as have run out.

Lavitabellissima Thu 24-Mar-11 21:01:35

Hello, I've not been on in ages as I've been rubbish with grooming. I have to admit I've not had a pedicure or even painted my own toenails in 5 months blush <<disclaimer of 4 month old twins>> forgive me!

However this thread was my initial motivation to get moving in the right direction. I've been drinking lots of water, having a healthy breakfast, eating much more fruit & veg and catinboots put me in the right direction of a 30 day shred thread. I am feeling much more energised and have lost 4lb so far grin

I'm going to keep going and now I'm starting to feel a bit more like my pre pregnancy self, I am going to buy some morrocan hair oil and teeth whitener, could someone please give me the links and give me the 20 commandments again smile

My 2 new ones are to actually wear at least basic make up and cut down on tea/coffee

My goal is still a christening in April, so will book in hair appointment, mani/pedi the week before.

Hope everyone else is doing well, & I'll try & keep up smile

rubyrubyruby Thu 24-Mar-11 21:08:37

Hello All

I have a week to go <<eeek>> and need to be drinking more water I think and have run out of body moisturiser so must buy some tomorrow and some more fake tan although I don't want to overdo it on the day!

Exercise has lapsed a bit and I am scared to run incase I turn my ankle again

..... feeling good though smile

BlackSwan Thu 24-Mar-11 23:50:15

Guys - good to have you back.

Catinboots, hope work calms down for you. We should all have done before & after shots!

Lavita, with four month old twins I doubt I would have time to drag a comb through my hair, so much respect for your efforts. As requested, here's the list.

Rubyrubyruby - ONE WEEK!!! It will go in a flash. God be careful with fake tan/wedding dress.

2. Exfoliate
3. Use teeth whitener
4. Use anti-aging face cream
6. Use eyelash growth serum OR eye cream.
9. Healthy breakfast daily
12. Daily vitamins
13. Body brushing
16. Regular hair removal
18. No more fizzy drinks
19. DAILY body moisturising

RoyalBlingThing Fri 25-Mar-11 04:58:09

Sitting here sipping hot water and lemon so at least I can tick off one thing from the 20 point plan!
I have one week until I fly back to England. eeeeek to my recap:

1. 8 glasses of water a day doing
2. Exfoliate doing
3. Use teeth whitener no* *will buy whitening stuff today
4. Use anti-aging face cream doing
5. Intensive nail care (feet and hands)*doing*
6. Use eyelash growth serum OR eye cream.*eyecream* tick
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise personal trainer and swimming
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg doing
9. Healthy breakfast daily doing
10. Hair oil (moroccan hair oil for eg, or kerastase etc) will try to* *find
11. No alcohol during the week have cut down
12. Daily vitamins yep
13. Body brushing will buy a* *brush
14. At least 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week. once a* *week if* *im honest
15. One early night once a week. Suggest 9PM. eek have managed this once
16. Regular hair removal doing am* *always barelegged so* *its a* *must
17. Give up one naughty favourite item e.g. chocolate/crisps see below
18. No more fizzy drinks have only had two cans since I* *started pp
19. DAILY body moisturising doing
20. Warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m. intermitant if* *i remember

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 25-Mar-11 07:00:09

1 week Ruby wow!!! Good luck!!!

1. 8 glasses of water a day need to drink more
2. Exfoliate check
3. Use teeth whitener no but off to dentist today so will ask him
4. Use anti-aging face cream check
5. Intensive nail care check, had mani yesterday and pedi today
6. Use eyelash growth serum OR eye cream.*no, starting eyecream today*
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise PT and Shred (PT later today)
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg hmmm was doing, doing veg juice again from today
9. Healthy breakfast daily check
10. Hair oil check
11. No alcohol during the week have varied this to only two nights a week so had glass of wine yesterday so will not drink Sat
12. Daily vitamins no...
13. Body brushing check
14. At least 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week. hmm prob once a week
15. One early night once a week. Suggest 9PM. prob go to bed at 930 most nights at the mo....
16. Regular hair removal yes legs waxed last weekend
17. Give up one naughty favourite item choc, only cracked 3 times - 1 choc pudding, 1 choc crispie cake at DD's bday and 1 choc tube from DH's great grandma's bday cake
18. No more fizzy drinks check
19. DAILY body moisturising check
20. Warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m. was doing lemons being deliverd with ocado delivery this am

Eeek am missing quite a few things of this list, going to refocus from today and make drinking more water a must.

catinboots Fri 25-Mar-11 09:27:41

Royal - to do a bold sentence just put a star at the beginning and the end of the whole sentence! grin

You don't have to do each individual word (I only just found this out!)

Ruby - I hope you are going to share some Wedding pics with us!

naturelover Fri 25-Mar-11 09:34:09

Hi everyone

Well I'm still doing ok at grooming and still doing badly with exercise (DH is away this week so that's my excuse - have been 24/7 responsible for the DCs).

Am feeling a bit blah though - all the effort and I still look like crap. At the end of the day my hair and clothes let me down and I have so little cash to sort that out. Have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for 4 years with a clothing budget of about 30 quid a month during that time. My clothes are old, tired and don't fit, and I'm having a confidence crisis re ageing and what my style is. Not helped by huge foot problems that prevent me wearing nice shoes. It's hard to feel chic in trainers!

I'm a SAHM and it's really hard to justify nice clothes. I seem to have 3 outfits that I like myself in, and end up wearing them day in day out. Hence why my clothes are so tired! Constantly washing the same things.

I have some nice things for summer and footwear not such a problem then but it's a while until it'll be warm enough for those things. Anyone else notice that in the UK summer clothes don't wear out? The season is so short.

Sorry for the rant. I know money doesn't make you happy but I can't help thinking that a shopping spree would give me a lift!

RoyalBlingThing Sat 26-Mar-11 05:56:54

thanks cat

RoyalBlingThing Sat 26-Mar-11 05:57:36

Oooo it worked gawd how long have you been able to do that???

RoyalBlingThing Sat 26-Mar-11 05:59:10

Nature I threw out all my old/worn unflattering clothes when we emigrated didn't leave me with much left TBH !

BlackSwan Sat 26-Mar-11 08:59:48

naturelover - true there barely is a summer here. When all the spring/summer clothes come out in the shops I eye them jealously but I know there's little point in getting anything sleeveless. It will only be worn on holidays and then put away! My wash and wear stuff has seen a serious battering too. I find that shirts do better in the wash than cotton tops. They seem to keep their colour and shape more. Wait until the next sales and indulge yourself a bit if you can.

RoyalBlingThing Sun 27-Mar-11 08:44:32

An hours PT session completed.
Have scrubbed and moisturised

Feeling slightly jaded this morning as had a v late night and too much champagne at the Dubai World Cup.

Had four winners out of the 8 races and I think I celebrated rather too much !

Off to drink tea and eat toast

catinboots Tue 29-Mar-11 12:18:07

Look what I've had done Princesses!!

Evizza Tue 29-Mar-11 12:36:41

Did it hurt Catinboots ?

I have always fancied having this done but am afraid of how much pain it will cause (even though I have loads of tattoo's lol)

catinboots Tue 29-Mar-11 12:51:58

It was uncomfortable but not painful. They were really sore the day after and very swollen. I'm going to try and post a photo on my profile later

RoyalBlingThing Wed 30-Mar-11 07:22:08

Crikey Cat thats hardcore !
I'm far too chicken.I used to do some modelling/promotions work when I was younger and had to do my own eye make up as I'm paranoid about getting poked in the eye blush

Well its two days until my England holiday
Had a sneaky sunbathe and swim. Haid cut and coloured and a pedicure (she actually commented on how well I was looking and how smooth my feet were)

[preen]

RoyalBlingThing Wed 30-Mar-11 07:23:24

And ahemmmm photos CAT !!!!

BlackSwan Wed 30-Mar-11 08:15:35

even just a photo of your eyes would make us happy Catinboots! No pressure or anything.

My eyes get all fluttery as soon as anyone comes near me with makeup or eyedrops.

4 winners RoyalBling! Hope you didn't blow it all on champagne.

catinboots Wed 30-Mar-11 08:37:22

Photo on profile!!

That was 24hrs after so still a bit puffy.

At work - will give more info later

RoyalBlingThing Wed 30-Mar-11 08:40:37

Wow !
It looks really good

(am just hoping that you're not really as orange as the photo in real life though !!!!)

catinboots Wed 30-Mar-11 09:12:09

no - bad light and bad angle! Makes my eye bags look terrible!!

BlackSwan Wed 30-Mar-11 14:09:42

Great result! Imagine all the time you're going to save.

RoyalBlingThing Thu 31-Mar-11 11:07:15

Right I'm signing off as am busy packing for my trip.
I have managed to move 3 pairs of jeans from the pre PP "too tight need to lose weight" pile to the "everyday wear me" pile.

RUBY I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow

Lavitabellissima Thu 31-Mar-11 11:18:33

Congrats for tomorrow Ruby grin

Cat make up looks great, I'd be too scared!

I am feeling good, lost 6lb now.

Going to book a mani/pedi, dentist & hairdresser for a cut/colour within the next 3 weeks.

My nails are so much stronger, I think it's a combination of a better diet, using a nail & cuticle cream and the fact I'm now wearing rubber gloves for the washing up & cleaning.

Keep inspiring me ladies, I'm getting there smile

RoyalBlingThing Thu 31-Mar-11 12:09:31

Whens the Royal Wedding its at the end of April isn't it ?
Will be back in 2 weeks
Mwah x

BlackSwan Thu 31-Mar-11 13:16:00

Friday 29th April!

Have a great time on holiday Bling, & happy Mother's day for Sunday.

catinboots Thu 31-Mar-11 20:50:27

Ergh - just been on a really gloomy thread so popped over for some light relief.

Ruby - GODD LUCK!!!! Remember to enjoy every second of the day and we want Princess Pictures!

Royal - have a fabby hol

lavita - Congrats on the weight loss. I have no idea how you do anything when you have twins!

Well I can't stop looking at my eyeliner grin I need to get over it

Been a bit slack elsewhere though blush

Am about to hop in Dettol bath for full defuzzing/exfoliation session

Have come out in horrific spots last couple of days. God knows why. Sudocrem facemask for me tonight grin

rubyrubyruby Sun 03-Apr-11 23:43:49

Thanks to all for the good luck wishes smile
I had the most amazing day and DID enjoy every minute. Felt like a princess!

I will keep up the project princess when I return from honeymoon.

...... And may post a pic

BlackSwan Mon 04-Apr-11 13:17:08

Ruby congratulations!! So glad it all went well. Have an incredible honeymoon. We would all love a photo of your big day.

catinboots Thu 07-Apr-11 21:17:12

Princesses?? Where have you all gone??

I can only presume you have fallen asleep whlst enjoying a Dettol bath and a Sudocrem facemask wink grin

Karbea Thu 07-Apr-11 21:41:04

Hello,

Just found this, and love it!

I'm getting married in 4 and a half weeks time! and i''ve come up in massive spots sad need some help asap!

I'm sitting here with crest whitening strips, and just had a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed tonight...

Need some help with a plan! smile

catinboots Fri 08-Apr-11 06:51:54

Karbea - welcome! Emergency Sudocrem facemask will clear those spots up!

How exciting, 4 weeks to go. I'm getting married in August smile

catinboots Thu 14-Apr-11 11:13:08

anyone still princessing??

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Apr-11 11:28:36

errr - not really!

I had my honeymoon and then got food poisoning and now it's school holidays.

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Apr-11 11:30:02

I bet you are getting excited about your big day now catinboots?

naturelover Thu 14-Apr-11 13:01:44

I'm keeping up with the grooming ok.
Diet and exercise - er, no (but have decided I need to accept my body shape which will not change intrinsically ever - my weight is healthy btw)

DH agreed I needed some clothes and so we managed to find a bit of cash for me to get a few things - that has given me a huge boost actually. My clothes were getting quite worn out.

Still need to decide if I'm going to go grey gracefully or commit to hiding it!

catinboots Thu 14-Apr-11 16:09:46

Ruby - did you have a fabulous time?? I hope you're feeling better.

I'm getting very excited now...

I'm trying to keep up the project;

1. glasses of water a day - trying
2. Exfoliate - haven't done for a couple of weeks
3. Use teeth whitener - did last week but need to do again
4. Use anti-aging face cream - yep
5. Intensive nail care (feet and hands) - not yet
6. Use eyelash growth serum OR eye cream - eye cream
7. The Shred / other intensive exercise - trying to juggle with school hols
8. At least 2 extra fruit & veg - nope
9. Healthy breakfast daily - yes
10. Hair oil (moroccan hair oil for eg, or kerastase etc) - yes
11. No alcohol during the week - trying and have cut down to one or two days
12. Daily vitamins - keep forgetting
13. Body brushing - nope
14. At least 2 servings of salmon or other fatty fish per week. - nope
15. One early night once a week. Suggest 9PM. - yes
16. Regular hair removal - always
17. Give up one naughty favourite item e.g. chocolate/crisps - crisps, yes
18. No more fizzy drinks - yep
19. DAILY body moisturising - dailyish
20. Warm water with lemon first thing in the a.m. - nope

Hmm, thought I was doing well. But now can see how many nopes I have. Will pull my socks up smile

RoyalBlingThing Sun 17-Apr-11 07:28:53

Tsk Tsk
So whats happened here then?

catinboots Sun 17-Apr-11 07:57:49

RBT you're back!! Did you have a great time??

rubyrubyruby Sun 17-Apr-11 08:05:11

Yes Cat, I had a wonderful day.
I'm a bit scared to put a pic on my profile and can't find one of just me anyway!

I will be getting back to PP tomorrow as I have not felt well enough to do all the stuff and have only fancied carby stuff to eat.

Keep up the good work!!

RoyalBlingThing Sun 17-Apr-11 08:30:29

Glad your day was good ruby (at least the foodpoisioning was after the wedding ! I hope to god it wasn't the prawn buffet ring grin )

Have had a fab time it was so lovely to be back in England and the weather gods were extremely kind (i'd packed Winter woolies and ended up doing an emergency flip flop shop)
Didn't go too mad on the food (and despite copious amounts of wine) am still at my PP weightloss pre hols .. seem to have broken my diet coke habit which is good.

Kids are back at school so getting back into the routine (haven't done a proper food shop since we've been back so off to the market to get some salady stuff.

Skin is still good but my nails are still breaking as soon as I get any length (phnarr phnarr)

On a topical PP note saw a picture of Waity Katey for the first time in ages..blimey shes looking scrawny thin hmm

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 24-Apr-11 10:16:04

Hi fellow princesses

RBT glad you had a good time. Ruby hope you are felling better.

I have been very slack, work is awful at the moment, I normally work 3 days but working full time at the mo and it is killing me. As a result PP has slipped..sad

Have kept up hair oil and personal trainer once a week but that is about it.

Anyway decided enough was enough yesterday and to take things into action. Had a pedicure on Friday so pretty feet and then thought I would wax my legs on Saturday morning....normally go to a salon but no time so decided to use a home kit that had been sitting in the bathroom cabinet....big mistake!!! Do not try this if you are trying to look after two DCs under 5 at the same time. Basically overheated the wax in the microwave didn't test it rolled some on my leg...OMG, took the skin off it was blisteringly hot, luckily only a smallish patch...poor DD1 was traumatised and kept saying "but why did you not want hairs on your legs mummy when i am grown up i am just going to have hairs on my legs i don't want to do that" the annoying thing is once it had cooled down a bit i did the other leg and it is fab stuff did an amazing job as good as in the salon but i have a lovely inch long strip of burn on my right leg.

Also got back on the vege juice yesterday and have started buying a weekly vegetable box to try and eat more healthily and seasonally.

Giving up alcohol and processed sugar for the next couple of weeks too and as soon as work calms down the shred will start again.

So I am not going to look like a princess by Friday but hopefully by my summer holiday in June I will be transformed.

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 24-Apr-11 10:17:48

Oh yes and skincare routine has gone to pot, ran out of products and haven't had chance to buy more so been using baby lotion to cleanse at night and then leaving it bare and wash in shower in morning and using kiehls body lotion on my face..blush

BUT my skin hasn't looked this good in a long time...weird. DH wants to ban from buying expensive products now.

OhdearNigel Wed 28-Dec-11 10:15:52

is there a spin-off thread from this one ? I look terrible and want to start taking more care of my appearance as my New Year resolution

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now