Should I transfer?

(5 Posts)
Ilovediago Sun 30-Jun-13 13:57:58

Ah I see, thank you

webwiz Sat 29-Jun-13 09:25:24

I think you can get funding for 4 years at undergraduate level so that would include what you have already done and the new degree. What happens in practice is that the funding will stop when you have done the 4th year so you will be funded for what you have done but not for all of the new degree.

Ilovediago Fri 28-Jun-13 18:00:25

I didn't know that, so would my first and second year go unfunded? I didn't think it mattered seeing as I still wouldn't have completed a full undergraduate degree, which is what I was led to believe, would preclude any funding, but having a first and second year completed wouldn't make a difference :S

ShadeofViolet Fri 28-Jun-13 12:57:23

If you started again you wouldn't get finance for the years you have already done.

Ilovediago Thu 27-Jun-13 19:39:29

Ok so long story short, I am currently studying full time, for a law degree at a good university. However, I am thinking about transferring to a different, much better one.

The trouble is I have to wait for 2014 entry in which case the two years I would have spent on my degree would have been wasted as I cannot transfer my modules and grades over and would need to start again. The trouble is, despite my university being 'good', it is not great, on top of which my first year grades were nothing to rejoice over...whilst I want to start over again I don't want to waste more time, especially because I already took a year out before...

any advice???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now