Someone PLEASE kick me arse!!!

(18 Posts)
OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 20:40:11

Am an OU student, currently studying two modules (TM128 and TT284) first one has EMA due tomorrow (!) and also have a TMA due for second one (level 2 module) ... have already arranged an extension for this as simply not doable with due dates otherwise

however

I can't get motivated tonight to finish the blasted EMA! I have had a good stab at most of the questions, and if by some fluke of fate I got those right, I have enough marks to pass.... I have 2 questions still to answer and they are worth 30% of the marks.... I NEED to get my arse in geat and have a stab at them tonight - every little helps with the marks after all!

Instead, I am nosing on mn, fb, twitter, email etc - basically anything other than this blasted EMA - I will be over the moon to be shot of the bloody thing tbh!

And to top off my mood, once that is finished, I have a one way ticket to the level 2 TMA - which is pretty hellish (and annoying considering the first one on that module I found a piece of piss and got 90% in!)

HEELLLLLLLP

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 20:44:02

i'm having the same problem with my dissertation - lit review due tomz, need 6000 words, have under 1000.

get on with it!!!

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 20:46:39

I will if you will!?!

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 20:48:41

i just need to check fb first!!

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 20:49:30

you are no help whatsoever!!!

sending a virtual slap - Right... this is it - If I can work solidly for an hour I am having a glass of wine

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 20:49:36

no seriously - lets do till 9.20 solid work then meet back here to cheer ourselves on - deal???

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 20:52:18

deal

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 21:23:22

well - did it work?? I have written 200 words, which I'm fairly impressed with - you??

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 21:24:27

I am doing well - you?

I have read and understood the question, dug out my related book and started working it through - and done about 1/4 of the words needed for this question so far (reading and ensuring I understand each bit as I go)

Will finish this one within the hour I think (providing motivation remains) and then make a start on the LAST one....!

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 21:29:49

well done - i'm getting there too, if the bloody literature was written in plain english it wouldn't take so long though!!

Keep up the good work

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 21:38:29

check in again at 10 ?

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 21:40:57

sold

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 22:03:16

hope it is going well for you - in the interests of my sanity I am off for a power nap, too many large documents and long words for my liking this weekend.

Good luck with it all, just break it all down into chunks, I have had to do that for this project. In total I need 20,000 words, which is mad, so i have broken it all down into chapters, sub titles and paragraphs.

Take my advice though, never do an MA!!!

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 22:03:40

How you doing? I have finished my stab at the first question and am well on my way with the second... then I just need to re-read the whole thing, down a glass of wine, submit with my fingers crossed and fall in a heap in bed!

grin

macreturnofthe Mon 27-May-13 22:05:06

Well done!!! Super effort, enjoy the wine and the sleep

OohMrDarcy Mon 27-May-13 22:07:30

20,000 words?!?!?!?! farking hell!!! Enjoy your nap - my brain would be fried!!!

OohMrDarcy Tue 28-May-13 21:04:22

I got the EMA in - not my best work but 99% sure there is more than enough to pass, and its level 1 so makes no odds long term as long as I pass it....

I now have about 8 days to get this other TMA done (level 2) bring it on!

OohMrDarcy Tue 09-Jul-13 21:29:38

Is anyone there to kick my arse again?! Got a level 2 TMA (TT284 TMA03) due in on Thursday - I am over half way but doing the programming bit now is draining my brain, I just can't concentrate in this heat

and to top it off I have the EMA to start working on straight after, so can't really push the date further........SAVE me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now