Just need to vent

(27 Posts)
Petal02 Fri 22-Mar-13 15:21:20

DH and I are going away on holiday next week, we fly in the early hours of Saturday morning. We're supposed to have DSS18 on Thur and Fri night. DSS still wants two nights with us next week, as we're away the week after. But DH is working away Mon/Tues/Wed nights, so it's not like DSS could come a day earlier than usual to get his quota of nights in. Thursday is the only night that week that DH will be home. Rather than class Friday night as off-limits due to our early Saturday flight, DH is suggesting we drop DSS back home at around 12.30am/1am, on our way to the airport. Seems insane to me, it will give DSS a broken nights sleep, and give us the stress of having to do a detour in the way to the airport. My suggestion is that we have DSS for an extra night when we get back. But no.

All in the name of rota- compliance! DH commented that if we do this, he can go away happy in the knowledge that he's "done his bit for the week".

Am not seeking answers, as there aren't any. Just wanted to write all this down, I find it helps.

NotaDisneyMum Fri 29-Mar-13 19:12:35

petal glad its worked out for you- have a great time!

dignifiedsilence Mon 01-Apr-13 12:34:07

Oh Petal I do feel for you but I must say it fills me with dread that I have all these years of drama left to endure!! Thought it might stop at 18? smile
Have a good holiday x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now