He won't have sex when his DD4 is there

(5 Posts)
SillyCryBaby Sun 17-Feb-13 02:20:56

That's what I thought. I asked him about it yesterday, and he did realise it wasn't feasible long term, his reasoning being that if we had out own kids they'd obviously be there all the time. But I was thinking of it not being an issue a lot sooner than our hypothetical children haha

LaminateFlaw Sun 17-Feb-13 02:10:28

That would make sense! I agree though. I moved in with DP when his DD was 5 and we pretty much just got on with it whether she was here or not. She got up in the night a lot, but it didn't bother us (apart from the one time she walked in and DP pretty much threw me on the floor in alarm hmm).

TanteRose Sun 17-Feb-13 02:01:13

I think the OP means she's 4 yrs old, not that she is his 4th daughter...

He is being silly - does he think that if she lived with you full time, you would then never again have sex? confused

LaminateFlaw Sun 17-Feb-13 01:54:23

How old is his DD?

SillyCryBaby Sun 17-Feb-13 01:14:39

Is this normal/to be expected? She doesn't get up at all I the night, sleeps till 9am, so no real risk of her catching us at it, other than exceptional circumstances, ie not well or something.

She stays 2 nights a week so no massive issue at the moment, but not sure how practical this is in the long term ie if we move in together etc.

First relationship with someone with a child so no idea how normal this is basically, or what to expect from him reasonably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now