Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Free create-your-own fragrance events in London and Birmingham (plus £50 goodie bags) with Flash with Febreze!

(172 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Feb-10 13:25:49

The guys at Flash have just launched a new Flash with Febreze range of cleaners and when they were developing the product, the boffins there learnt from the teams behind some of the world's best-selling designer fragrances, to tap in to their perfume-making expertise.

This resulted in a cleaner which (for once) has a nice smell, leaving your room smelling fresher and cleaner for longer.

Now they would like to offer Mumsnetters an insight into fragrance: how they can be made to last longer, the components of a fragrance and how different smells work. Don't worry they are talking about real perfume not eau du kitchen cleaner!

They are running three events to spread the word about fragrance. Please complete this form if you'd like to attend an event.

At the event, a smell expert will give a talk about perfume and you will be able to create and take home your very own fragrance.

Everyone who is selected and attends an event will receive not only their own fragrance but also a goodie bag of domestic cleaning products & other goodies worth £50.

All we ask is that after the event you try the products in the goodie bag and then add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. Flash are confident you will be amazed at how long the Flash & Febreze fragrance lasts in your home!

There will be three events (two in London and one in Birmingham):

London: Wednesday March 10
At a West End five star hotel
Two sessions: 9.30am - 11.45am & 12.30pm - 2.30pm

Birmingham: Tuesday March 23
At a boutique hotel in the Jewellery Quarter
One session: 12.15pm - 2.45pm

Food and drink will be provided and you'd need to be able to stay for the whole session.

Travel expenses (up to £30) would be paid.
Flash say babies/toddlers are welcome to come as well, if needed.

Katisha Tue 02-Mar-10 20:52:47

IMO Cleaners and air fresheners always smell like cleaners and air fresheners. Fabric conditioner is usually overpowering.
If I can get anything smell-free then that's what I get.

moondog Tue 02-Mar-10 22:47:58

OMFG

Could think of nothing worse.

Laerning how to creat vile overpowering synthetic smells.

Great day out, yeah.

hmm

i would love to but have to work

fanjolina Tue 02-Mar-10 23:50:20

I think you could think of something worse Moondog. Like being a McDonalds tester wink

ohhhh I got an email woohooooo

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 14:28:59

Me too grin

MISS What time are you attending?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Mar-10 14:35:43

Glad you are pleased!
BTW - the Birmingham Event on 23 March - we will email those folks w/c 15 March so pls watch out for those.

Ann am more than pleased lol I never get picked for anything haha

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:10:26

Ann, I can't wait! Thanks for organising this.

TheLadyEvenstar - I'm Wednesday 9.30, London. You?

Miss the same!

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:34:29

Yay! I look forward to meeting you soon! I'll put pics on my profile tonight - have just checked yours.

Where are you coming from?

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:40:00

Greenwich, so will take South Eastern to Charing Cross and then probably walk from there if weather good. You?

ohh Not too far from me then!!!

I am coming from Peckham, do you want to meet before and travel together?

pixierara Thu 04-Mar-10 16:37:12

OOOOOHHHHHHHH - I got picked as well grin can't believe it is at the Mayfair Hotel, Penthouse no less! Isn't that where Kate Moss had her very debauced 30th birthday?! m now worried I won't be swanky enough!!

I am Wednesday at 1230 - anyone else joining me??!

Pix well done!!

<makes note to go shopping for new swanky outfit tomorrow>

mustrunmore Thu 04-Mar-10 17:13:02

I'm Wed morning, altho I said I only needed come come with ds2 for the second session, but Im on first session and now need to bring him hmm Have emailed to check its ok. I will be wearing my usual scruffy stuff as no clothes that fit after 3 months off exercise sad

Mustrun, I am taking DS2 with me, children are welcome!!!

mustrunmore Thu 04-Mar-10 17:28:37

I know, but I told them I would only need to bring him if I was in the second session, and the email we got says 'children welcome if you indicated you were bringing tyem' or something. So I need to make sure, else they might exceed their ration on childminders. Hey, we get fed too grin

<sniggering at thought of DS2 moving from my side without sobbing haha>

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 18:07:16

LadyEvenstar, I've just done proper tfl search, and easiest for me would be to take overland to London Bridge, then tube to Green Park. Not sure if this will be any help to you? I quite like the idea to meet up and go there together, but connections a bit odd so don't want to make it more complicated for you!

Hmm, so you think this might count as an excuse for a new outfit then?? grin

I didn't get picked
<MrsT runs away crying, why do i never get picked>

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Mar-10 16:35:45

mrst - check your email!

Yay i got picked, i got picked!!!

I'm wednesday morning too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now