Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Despicable Me 2 MN screenings feedback thread

(345 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Jun-13 16:35:23

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended one of the exclusive MN screenings of Despicable Me 2 with their little minions DCs on Sunday 16th June. We hope you all had a fab time and enjoyed the film!

We really hope you and your DCs enjoyed the preview screening.
Below are a few questions for you to answer but please do add any other comments you may have.
We'd also love it if you could upload some pictures of your day to this thread.

- Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

- What did your DCs love best about the day?

- What was your overall experience of the screening?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a goodie bag packed full of Despicable Me 2 merchandise.

To find out more about the film (In cinemas June 28) and watch the trailer, visit the Despicable Me 2 pages on Mumsnet

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

ArtemisKelda Thu 11-Jul-13 21:51:14

Goody bag received today. Thank you MNHQ from both me and DS (who put the tshirt and hat on as soon as he got home from school) flowers

ArtemisKelda Fri 05-Jul-13 18:16:36

Thank you, that's brilliant! I've sent you a pm.

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Jul-13 17:09:47

Thanks for all your comments, the winner of the prize draw is ArtemisKelda - I'll PM you to get your details.

our review:
Good family entertainment
OH gives 5/5, DC give 6/5!
Fave parts/characters- The Minions
Meeting the minions before the film started
Very enjoyable day, thanks for picking us
Would recommend, going to view again as the film was so good

3rdnparty Tue 25-Jun-13 15:50:59

Still not sorted the photos out but just to add DS enjoyed it so much we've booked to see it again already and taking all his friends for his birthday...

Chigley1 Mon 24-Jun-13 13:33:42

I have just noticed a old message in my Inbox inviting me to this event. <wails> I didn't get the email (had some PC probs at the time) Gutted :-(

IamMrsJones Mon 24-Jun-13 11:08:52

Sorry, should have proof read that. Clearly I cannot multitask!

IamMrsJones Mon 24-Jun-13 11:06:43

Brilliant family film. Great for both adults and children

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

DH 4*
Me 5*
DD 5*

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

Agnes was both DD's and my favourite character. My fav part of the film was when they got married. (I even DH's best bit was the titles at the end where the minions appeared to come rioght out of the screen and DD sais she just loved it all.

DD loved the whole experience, especially having a photograph with the minions in the foyer.

Excellent, very positive experience and great day out.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

I already have recommended to a few families as it was a great film, very funny and enjoyable day out.

Thank you all for inviting us.

Tobermory Mon 24-Jun-13 06:49:07

Fabulous family fun. A great film suitable for all the family and very, very funny!

5 out of 5 from us all

They loved the daughter with the pink hat. "Eeeew..." has now been added to favourite phrases for them to use! My favourite character was Lucy.

The life size characters were, without doubt the most terrifying part of the day for my 3 year old! The activities in the foyer beforehand and sweeties on teh seats definitely made for an excitable trip for them both. They both very much the film, the smallest DC wanted to watch it again yesterday!

Very positive. We all very much enjoyed the film and the other experiences really added to our visit.

Yes. It is engaging for all members of the family.

LackaDAISYcal Sun 23-Jun-13 23:30:31

Oooh, notmeactualname; we all thought your DS was gorgeous dressed as a minion grin

I wish I had chatted to more people now. Everyone, me especially, seemed very reserved, though there were lots of knowing smiles exchanged grin

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 23:12:51

I am just on it as me but have some mnetters as friends on there smile

Nerfmother Sun 23-Jun-13 22:55:28

No, not on Facebook - I'm on it as me but not linked to mumsnet. Will pm you.

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 22:46:12

Def! It was really lovely actually how the kids all made friends with each other. As adults we could all learn a lot about how friendly and accepting they are. All the children were very welk behaved smile

Do i have you on fb? If not pm me, or if i do pm me to remind me of your rl name!

Nerfmother Sun 23-Jun-13 22:36:41

We'll have to road test something else so they can catch up! Shame they are too small for Facebook!

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 22:35:19

Yes they did smile very sweet smile

Nerfmother Sun 23-Jun-13 22:28:12

How cute, iirc both ds 4s had a little bonding moment in the foyer grin

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 22:11:17

Ds4 jasa worn his mask to school and my boys have managed not to spill the beans on the ending as well, I am most I pressed!

It really was a fab day out grin

Nerfmother Sun 23-Jun-13 22:07:51

Just to add, ds (age 5) has worn his minion mask to school every day since the O2 and took his colouring sheet in as well. Ds1 has refrained from spilling the ending and ds2 is keen to see a film all about the origin of the minions.

5madthings Sun 23-Jun-13 15:39:45

Can ask when mnhq will be doing the draw to win the goody bag? And will we be informed via email or pm? Only my email isn't working too well, or will the winner be named on this thread?

mrslurkalot Fri 21-Jun-13 17:49:41

We went to Manchester and it was brilliant! so well organised and the first family day out we have had in a very long time. Thank you so much mumsnet!!

Soooo......

Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

Fantastic sequel, a really great fun family film, with laughs for the kids and grown ups alike.

5 from us and 10 from the DC!!!!!

When the minions said 'bottom' and laughed! They love all the minions and their funny voices.

Meeting real minions and being able to tell all their friends they saw the film before anyone else!

Brilliant, as I said it was so well organised, the staff were friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere.

Yes, it's a great sequel, and fun for kids and grown ups alike.

NotMeActualName Fri 21-Jun-13 13:58:15

Sorry that previous photo is so small...no idea how to edit the photos from my phone but here is another of my little ones all excited before we set off.

NotMeActualName Fri 21-Jun-13 13:56:54

Wonderful,adventure filled, family-fun film.

Five stars without hesitation.

^Mum-bubbles at end (never enjoyed 3D before but this was amazing)
Dad- ‘bad’ minions
DC1- The Birthday party & Wedding
DC2- Minions (but not the purple ones!!!!)^

EVERYTHING...Literally, we all had a fantastic time

If all cinema trips were this much fun we’d go more often. Fabulous!

Have and will highly recommend.

EVERYTHING in this film was perfect. We loved it so much. DS (age 3) was a little afraid of the naughty minions but provided sensitive little ones are with a reassuring adult I think it’s fine. All turns out well in the end and there is so much love, joy and happiness in the film I can’t see how anyone could dislike it.

FairyPenguin Thu 20-Jun-13 18:42:31

Gru and the girls are back, with more fun from the minions!

Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

DD - 5
DS - 3.5 (points deducted for scary parts)
DH - 4
Me - 4

What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

DD - the wedding scene at the end. She loved Lucy.
DS - the jelly guns and the minions being sucked up by the ice cream van. His fave was the minions.
DH - the boy band scene. Gru.
Me - the jelly guns. I love Gru too!

What did your DCs love best about the day?

DD - seeing the film before any of her friends.
DS - his balloon minion!

What was your overall experience of the screening?

We felt very privileged to be at a preview screening, and the entertainment was good. However, we felt it could have been better organised. When we got to there at 3:35, it wasn't obvious where to go, then we waited in the entrance till about 3:50 before being led upstairs. Having the minions there was brilliant and we were very lucky to be near the front of the queue to have photos taken. The balloons were a big hit but it took a long time to queue and we felt that they would have benefited from having some made up, ready to hand out.

After those two, we ended up joining the queue to go in as DH was worried that we wouldn't get seats together otherwise. DD grabbed a colouring sheet to take home and we didn't get a chance to go on the iPads. It was very hot and stuffy in there so the standing around felt even longer, I don't see why they couldn't have let us get into our seats earlier, knowing that the screening wouldn't be starting straight away.

As others have said, I was very disappointed with the sweet that was the snack. I don't usually allow the children to have those, especially as that shape is a particularly high risk for choking, but felt that I couldn't refuse. We did like the bottles of water though. The masks were good, but needed eye holes! We were pleased that there were booster seats available.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

Yes, I have! The only caveat being that the film is scarier than the first one, and might not be suitable for preschoolers, or sensitive children. DS (3yo) was very frightened in at least a couple of scenes, and I know that DD (6yo) would have been scared this time last year if she had watched it then, being a very sensitive child.

prettylucky Thu 20-Jun-13 18:00:38

Very funny and touching film - and I haven't see the original... yet!
3.5* from me (only cause I hadn't seen the 1st film)
5* from 10yo

What a fantastic Fathers' Day experience this was! We got into Manchester early (though not early enough for cheap parking it turned out - we know it's 08.30 for next time... wink) and went for a nice relaxing breakfast together at Chiquitos. By the time we'd finished the action had begun in earnest outside the screen: There were minions to have photos taken with (our own smallest minion wouldn't stay still long enough for no blurs, unfortunately), colouring in, balloon fun and probably other things besides - no chance for me to get any further than the balloons with my poppet turning into a screaming purple minion at the sight of them...

So, favourite bits: film (me, OH and 10yo DS), balloon minions, free sweet and ice-cream on the way out(2yo DS)

This was my 2yo's 1st cinema trip and he did really well once the film was on. He didn't want to wear the glasses the whole time though so didn't get the best of the experience.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone and can't wait to watch the original movie.

Thanks so much Mumsnet, we had a wonderful time together and what a lovely quiet ride home...

MrsMinion Thu 20-Jun-13 17:21:05

Just as funny, clever and entertaining as the first film

Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

5 from all of us (including DH!)

What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

I have a crush on Gru so he is my fave. DC's liked the minions best as they are like naughty children. They particularly liked the bit where the minions said bottom!

What did your DCs love best about the day?

They loved seeing the film before their friends and all the little extras (colouring sheets, balloon minion, mask etc) we go to the cinema a lot as a family but this made it all more of a special treat.

What was your overall experience of the screening?

Loved the minions and balloon ladies in the foyer, but found it very chaotic with all the queues and nobody seeming to be in charge or having any information. Felt it needed someone in a mumsnet T-shirt and a clipboard!! Also agree with previous posters that a push pop is not a snack. Popcorn would have been preferable, or just letting people know beforehand so we could have gone to our seats armed with suitable snacks. Had to send DH back to the foyer for popcorn for the kids. Not a big drama though and overall had a great time.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

Yes, already have! I absolutely loved the film and would happily sit through it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now