Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

Tell Asda about accessorising and personalising the rooms in your home - £200 Asda Direct voucher up for grabs! NOW CLOSED

(177 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Oct-13 11:01:44

The folks at Asda would like to know how you accessorise and personalise the different rooms in your home.

Here's what Asda have to say, "We've recently launched our Autumn / Winter Home catalogue in store and online at Asda Direct, full of inspiration for your home at affordable prices. With more than 1000 stylish solutions for your home, we're interested to find out how you accessorise and personalise your home"

So how do you refresh the rooms in your home? Do you add cushions and candles or replace furniture and repaint? Does each room have a particular colour scheme or do you prefer the white, minimalist look? Do you re-arrange or re-accessorise the rooms in your home often, or have they looked the same for the past few years? Is there a particular room youre especially proud of?

Please also take a look at Asda's Autumn / Winter Home Collection and let us know if theres anything that inspires you to get creative in your home

Whatever you do to personalise and accessorise your rooms, we'd love to hear about it.

Everyone who adds their thoughts and ideas will be added into a prize draw to win a £200 Asda Direct voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 26-Oct-13 15:56:15

I like to change with the seasons e. g. I have halloween mugs now, dhristmas mugs soon then spring pattern, then summer. I do the same with cushions. I also move our our paintings around - our autumn coliur one has prominence now, until last week the summery coastal scene was in that spot.

wallartsuk Thu 07-Nov-13 19:27:38

Some people choose fabric wall hangings to add that finishing touch to a room that’s walls can sometimes look plain or empty. However how do you know where to hang the wall art?

People think that wall art should be hung at eye-level, but who’s eye level; A child below three foot, a short lady of 5ft or a tall man of 6ft? However this is just hear-say, the best way to hang your wall art is just 6 - 8 inches above the top of the furniture (e.g. table, chair or sofa). This way the hanging wall art looks connected to the room and the furniture.

Have a look at the size of your wall and you may decide that a piece wall art measuring 120cmx90cm is just the right size for your room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now