Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Toes out? Sandals on? How do you prepare? Share tips and experiences with Clarks and you could win one of ten pairs of their gorgeous summer sandals!

(213 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 14-May-13 14:52:13

Hello

We've been asked by the team at Clarks to get you talking about the (sometimes) dreaded first time you get your sandals on for spring/ summer....if it's not here yet - it is coming!

Share your thoughts on this thread and you'll be entered into a prize draw where ten lucky winners will get a free pair of shoes.

So, have you got your feet out for summer yet? Is it a 2 stage process for you (tops of feet and then toes) or do you go for the full sandal straight away? Or do you NEVER bare all? grin

What's your favourite type of sandal? Flat and relaxed, a height-boosting wedge or maybe a strappy number?

What date or occasion did you you/ will you do it? Does it need to be a special occasion?

Do you have a pamper ritual before getting your feet out? What it is? Full scrub, pedicure or a quick slick of a nude varnish? Share your tips (please!)

If your feet never see the UK sun, why not?

And if they're out all year round and look ok how do you manage it?

~~~~~

Clarks have a bigger promotion running at the moment and there are chances to win some lovely prizes by checking out their comps on instagram and Facebook. On Instagram they want you to tweet a picture of your sandals with the hashtag #FreeYourFeet and you could win £500 worth of Mr & Mrs Smith vouchers and £150 worth of Clarks shoes, whilst on FB you could win one of five pairs of shoes simply by answering their sandal survey. Check out the links for full details and T&Cs.

In the meantime please do share your experiences on this thread.

Thanks and good luck.

MNHQ

eteo Fri 31-May-13 16:30:22

i had been wearing sandals since last week. cant wait to get it out!!! love my flat huge feets. They look like flippers. lol. I love to wear flat sandals with lot of colourful flowers but i cant find them.

halcyondays Sat 01-Jun-13 16:27:51

So, have you got your feet out for summer yet? Is it a 2 stage process for you (tops of feet and then toes) or do you go for the full sandal straight away? Or do you NEVER bare all?

i've worn sandals a few times when the weather has been good enough, but its been very changeable. Usually full sandal straight away.

What's your favourite type of sandal? Flat and relaxed, a height-boosting wedge or maybe a strappy number? Flats of any kind.

What date or occasion did you you/ will you do it? Does it need to be a special occasion?
no particular date or occasion, just when it's warm enough for me.

Do you have a pamper ritual before getting your feet out? What it is? Full scrub, pedicure or a quick slick of a nude varnish? Share your tips (please!)
It depends on what state my feet are in. Its been a long time since I had a pedicure and I"m not great at doing it myself. If I have dry cracked heels then I'll use foot scrubs and creams, and put some nail varnish on. Pluck any hair from my big toe.

I only wear them if its sunny, I'd be far too cold to wear them all year round.

gazzalw Sun 02-Jun-13 16:52:01

I hardly ever wear sandals for fear of being mistaken for a lentil-eating, bearded Leftie (I sort of am anyway but still....). I should air my feet in the Summer though, even if only at home, because I've always had really bad Athlete's Foot which I'm assuming is entirely caused by having my feet encased in socks and enclosed shoes all year round.

ChablisLover Mon 03-Jun-13 11:53:54

so sandal weather - it comes so rarely now

If it is i tend to get the footfile out and scrub away dead skin, then moisturising cream with socks overnight and tend to repeat this process until the feet are ready

By that time the sun is away and its raining again

If it lasts, then a quick coat of polish - as chosen by my 6 year old DS - its currently orange one from NYC Cosmetics as orange is his favourite colour.

If I'm picking its generally my go to pinky neutral chanel favourite.

am wearing lovely peeptoe m&S today as I am awaiting my Clarks sandals (sarina Bowes) to arrive (purchased on friday in light of impending good weather)

but am looking longingly at last years navy Dolly's - so comfy and my Kestral Soars for casual weekend wear - again excellent shoes.

would love the serin wedges but cant justify £79 on them - should have got them in the sale - maybe this summer

Clarks shoes have got so much better in recent years - just need to sort our the sizing - can vary from a 5 to a 6 1/2 depending on the style - there needs to be consistency. Am hoping my order is the right size.

Nehru Mon 03-Jun-13 14:45:52

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHOOSE A WINNER

nowaistatall Mon 03-Jun-13 17:49:43

Have to wear open all round sandals to allow the bunion to live happily in the sun!grin

Pumpkinette Mon 03-Jun-13 23:34:14

I am a cold person so it takes a really hot day for me to get my feet out. I almost had them out a couple of weekends ago but I knew I would be out until the evening time when it gets a bit chillier so I changed my mind.

I generally look after my feet all year round and don't suffer from any foot problems so I dont do any extra preperation for summer sandals.

I use a sugar scrub on them once a week and moisturise them with body butter or coconut oil 3-4 times a week. I keep my toenails trimmed and tidy. I do sometimes paint my toenails but a lot of the time I leave them natural. I don't wear high heels as I find them impossible (can just about handle a small heel if the shoe style is right) and I don't wear flats as they give me foot cramps. (Slightly high arch) I think this may contribute to my nice feet and I don't force them into uncomfortable shoes. If I am wearing strappy shoes I make sure I use my boots or avon anti blister stick before putting them on as it stops rubbing and blisters.

I own a couple of pairs of sandals. My Birkenstocks are my favourite. They are not the classic style, they have cross over at the toe and an extra strap : these ones http://www.comfortableshoes.com/birkenstock-mayari-women-s-sandals.html
I have week ankles so need a shoe that won't flap about or I will fall over. I have owned these shoes for 6 years now and they are still going strong.

My other sandals are wedges / platform wedges. I have 3 6 pairs in different colours . Again I like them to have a ankle support so I opt for shoes with an ankle strap. I have found that for some reason the style of shoes I like always have a corkscrew effect platform / wedge and I really dislike that look.

My ideal summer sandals would be lower height wedge platforms, have ankle support and a built in arch support rather than a flat sole. Colours red or black or maybe a mustard yellow or a green. Oh and available in 1/2 sizes too.

TrickyWoo Tue 04-Jun-13 08:37:25

So, have you got your feet out for summer yet? Is it a 2 stage process for you (tops of feet and then toes) or do you go for the full sandal straight away? Or do you NEVER bare all?
Full sandal straight off... Birkenstocks first then more strappy delicate ones

What's your favourite type of sandal? Flat and relaxed, a height-boosting wedge or maybe a strappy number?
Flat, leather straps, leather lined, leather sole; soft soft soft, and goes with anything!

I do like a wedge though, but I don't like a suede bed to the sandal as I think they get grubby from my toes...

It's the weather not the occasion; every day at work if possible, as long ad toenails are BRIGHT

Do you have a pamper ritual before getting your feet out? What it is? Full scrub, pedicure or a quick slick of a nude varnish? Share your tips (please!).
 Ideally it's: scrub, file hard skin, cream (flexitol -amazing stuff), cuticles, bright polish and done. 

If your feet never see the UK sun, why not?
If ever have cracked heels that's a bit of a bugger and puts me off baring 

flexitol and socks at night, plus bright varnish 

cather Mon 10-Jun-13 12:10:09

Once it gets warmer I get my sandals out. I have a few different pairs for work, navy, black, brown and pink. I like a sandal with a heel as they look dressier, I really don't like the completely flat sandals as I find them uncomfortable to wear.
I don't do anything different to my feet other than paint my toenails in summer.

MTBMummy Mon 10-Jun-13 15:37:42

As soon as it starts getting warm enough I get my sandals out

I tend to wear heels for the office and wedges, flip flops or flat sandals for weekend and home, but it really depends on what we're doing.

I never used to bother with pedicures or foot scrubs, but I've noticed my feet are looking quite rubbish this year so have painted my toe nails and have invested in a good heel scrub.

littlemonkeychops Mon 10-Jun-13 20:15:57

As soon as it's warm i switch to sandals, i do a lot of walking so they must be comfy, but still with a bit of style. I have a low maintenence routine, moisturiser, a lick of polish and trimming my nails.

Clarks have a sale on at the moment which i got emailed about today, so was looking at their sandals, weird coincidence!

ChablisLover Tue 11-Jun-13 12:00:41

And so my summer is over!

The rain has descended again

oh Clarks bring back the sunshine please!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Jun-13 12:01:10

Sorry for the delay but am pleased to say the following MNers all win a pair of summer sandals from the Clarks collection!

Turnipvontrapp, TiredFeet, DifferentNow, feelthis, Dolallytats, TravelinColour, skyeskyeskye, Pumpkinette, JoyceDivision and QueenofWhispers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now