Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Insight Annual Round-up 2012: Join our panel or let us know what you’ve enjoyed this year and what you’d like us to do next year. FAB prizes up for grabs (again)

(290 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:07:06

The time has come for the insight team at MNHQ to do our annual round up of the year, to plead for those of you not yet on our panel to sign up and to thank you all for taking part in some amazing projects this year!

(In case you don't know insight covers surveys, product tests and sponsored threads on MN, as well as bloggers reviews, and reviewers recruitment)

Let us know what you think on this thread and you could win another prize!
We've got:

A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 worth c£180 courtesy of the team at TalkTalk more details here

A whole years' supply of Aldi nappies from the folks at Aldi - worth c.£500

And thanks to the Royal Academy we have two x 4 adult tickets to their new exhibition showcasing Manet early next year. There are two prizes each of 4 tickets (if children under 12 they will go in free so the winner can invite another 2 adults) - worth £120. More info here

In 2012 we have given away over £25,000 worth of prizes in the form of vouchers, books, beauty products, hampers and technology.
You have tested nearly £70,000 worth of products - including having your DCs put My Little Pony, Chicco toys and Wonderbook Book of Spells to the test.

We've surely made (some of you) look younger or slimmer with product tests for Garnier UltraLift, Origins Plantscription and M&S shapewear. wink

We've helped feed the family by trying out the HomeCooker from Jamie and Philips, scoffing Kingsmill Fruit and Fibre bread and helped make dishes tasty by introducing Bisto Stock Melts.

We've got you talking about a range of topics - from baking for the Big Fair Bake, visiting National Trust properties with the family and cleaning with Ecover.

What have you enjoyed taking part in this year? Or appreciated reading about? What would you like us to product test next year?

Most of the product tests are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely research panel. If you are not yet on our panel please see this link for more info or to sign up. You can select how often you get emailed and you can leave at any time if it?s not for you.

So to win one of the lovely prizes please do one of the following:
~ Post on this thread about what you've enjoyed doing insight-wise this year or what you've appreciated reading about
~ Post on the thread any suggestions for product tests etc you'd like to see next year (no promises but we can try!)
~ Post on the thread to say you have joined the panel

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome grin
AnnMumsnet, TheOtherHelenMumsnet and KatieBMumsnet
x

wonderstuff Tue 01-Jan-13 17:43:49

I'm on the panel - have filled in a few surveys - haven't won anything yet hopeful for 2013 smile
Seem to have missed product tests - need to check MN more often - if you could time them round the school holidays - get more time then!
[goes off to look up method laundry thread]

ProphetOfDoom Tue 01-Jan-13 17:56:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bluebump Tue 01-Jan-13 18:57:55

I'm on the panel, I have been lucky enough to take part in the M&S Shapewear trial and the method one.

I love surveys, products and giving my opinion!

BuiltForComfort Tue 01-Jan-13 19:28:23

I've signed up! I love surveys!

JulesJules Tue 01-Jan-13 21:40:15

I've signed up too, although I think I've already done so... but I haven't been contacted directly, the testing I've done has been as a result of posting on the relevant threads.

I love trying new stuff and giving my opinion <bossy>

Loved trying the method laundry washing liquid.

I'd like testing crafty/activity things with my dds, also food/cleaning/beauty products.

Or a Miele Cat and Dog grin

slambang Tue 01-Jan-13 23:39:38

Oooh I want to join.

I'd like stuff for teenagers - especially things that families can do together with teens, dogs etc (events, outings, camping stuff, travel).

And a bit of householdy cleaning stuff (might inspire dh / dcs) and food is good!

I'm quite sad and do enjoy filling in the surveys grin

Product wise, anything house-y / food-y is good with me (yup I'm dead specific me!).

Thank you for all the opportunities this year, we've really enjoed the product tests and I hope we've been of some help in some small way.

starlingsintheslipstream Wed 02-Jan-13 00:38:50

I've done quite a few random product tests - Olay, Method, Oat-so -simple spring to mind. May have been others but I go on some survey sites so it all blurs into one a bit. It's been fun testing them and your chances of being selected when there are a few hundred products to go out seem pretty good in comparison to other sites. Of course, I luffs Mumsnet much more than the others anyway wink! I like the format of Survey Monkey, tis easy to complete.

Would like to see more beauty stuff testing. Not so keen on anything that requires videos/photos as I like some anonymity.

Thanks for the opportunity to test!

MrsShrek3 Wed 02-Jan-13 02:53:06

surveys were fun even the strangely worded ones and the results make interesting reading for a geek We tested cheese hmm, pearson books from last year are still going strong, and filled in many more surveys. think that covers it...
Would love to see some more kitchen equipment tests, perhaps not as high-end as some of the ones we've seen recently. I do check out the reviews before buying a major piece of new kit, because there's one thing you can guarantee from mners - blunt honesty! grin

sickofsocalledexperts Wed 02-Jan-13 10:38:24

I do many of the surveys and was a proud tester of Cheds!

I have been searching for years for an eye cream that actually works and think I may have found it in Eyesilix from Boots. Could you test it to see if I am just kidding myself it works? Also nanoblur in same range: claims to take 10 years off in 40 seconds, by evening out complexion.

pennylovesleonard Wed 02-Jan-13 15:21:21

I love filling out the surveys and have tested quite a few products this year -
Garnier, nappies, fruity bread, method laundry liquid...

I would like to trial days out - peppa pig world would be ace!

Anything housey or foody is always very exciting!

HannahLI Wed 02-Jan-13 15:43:55

I have enjoyed lots of different things with Mumsnet this year, I very much enjoyed testing a pushchair for you. I'm looking forward to reading the Dyson reviews, and I have used yu countless times this year when looking for good reviews on baby items to buy for honest opinions.
Plus one of my ideas was put in the MU cheese booklet and we scoffed a months worth of cheese really quickly!

charlieandlola Wed 02-Jan-13 23:58:44

I have enjoyed being on the panel this year - I find the SurveyMonkey format really user friendly, plus you can use it on Apple products, as no Flash involved.
heartily recommend not really as it reduces my chances of getting picked for things

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Jan-13 11:08:36

Thanks for all your enthusiasm about reviewing Local days out/services/cafés/shops etc. As Ann said upthread, anyone can add a review of things they happen to be going to. If you go to review something and there's no listing on the site yet, it's easy to create one by clicking on the pink Add a Listing button. Your description will automatically appear as a review if you click the 'I want to share this with Mumsnetters' button on the form.

We do get offered free entry into theatre shows/attractions etc so that someone can post a review, and this will only increase as Local grows. At the moment the only way we can co-ordinate reviewers is by Mumsnetters becoming Local Ambassadors (we need a record of which Local site they're on). Being a Local Ambassador is a volunteer role that involves organising a regular-ish meet-up for local mums and also posting reviews and listings when they have the time and inclination. Areas with Local Editors already in place will offer more perks, but Local is growing fast. Here's an example of a meet-ups page:
local.mumsnet.com/norwich/group-meet-ups/norwich-centre

If you're interested, do email local@mumsnet.com

rlvickers Thu 03-Jan-13 11:48:40

I've never tested products here before, I would love to - I think it's absolutely fantastic to be able to read real peoples' opinions on things. In this day and age where we all turn to the internet for information, this method of sharing ideas is invaluable and I'd love to be a part of it.

billybear Thu 03-Jan-13 18:45:54

love testing new products thought it was really funny when liquid wash came in french instructions,great product though.would love to test any thing, goods food any thing love getting post

Willing to test most things if you like to get a male perspective on things!! Done a few surveys and managed to win one set of vouchers and had a few books over the years. Did get to test out a <ahem> personal massager thingy wink

SuiGeneris Thu 03-Jan-13 21:12:03

I am on the panel and was rather pleased to be picked to try the mamamio creams, method liquid and the Chicco toys. It is really interesting to be trying stuff at the same time as other people and to read what they think.
I agree with what has been said above re getting feedback from the companies involved, though perhaps it would not make commercial sense for them to say very much.
What would I like to try next year? Children's books (preschool), tablets, children's clothes and maybe household gadgets (I am rather intrigued by the floor-cleaning robot)...

I've signed up...

BonzoDooDah Fri 04-Jan-13 00:02:48

I tested cheese this year - it was a bit of a pain as the shop I should have found it in had sold out. When I finally did find some the survey had closed - still added my comments thoughas thought was only fair.

I'd love to test any tablets or PCs laptops new phones or gadgets <<wishfull>
But really anything fun.

BonzoDooDah Fri 04-Jan-13 00:03:19

Moo-sticks - that's what they were called - great name!

bustybetty Fri 04-Jan-13 08:33:48

just signed up, happy to road test anything including Daniel Craig!

MTBMummy Fri 04-Jan-13 08:53:40

I've been on the panel for the last year and loved it - we've had a great day out at a National Trust property, tried some M&S Shapewear (still using it and love it :-) ) and even received Amazon vouchers for doing a survey.

I'd definitely recommend it, not only for the nice prizes, but you also get to do, test and fill in surveys about things you might not necessarily think about.

Even when I haven't been selected, I've found reading the reviews extremely helpful and have even made me change my mind about purchase decisions.

It only takes a few minutes to sign up and you don't have to do every survey or test, and those that you do get selected for don't take a massive amount of effort to complete.

Looking forward to more this year

I think testing some of the wine clubs may be a good idea for this year? [innocent yet hopeful smiley] :-)

Lent1l Fri 04-Jan-13 10:04:57

I have not been on the panel for long and so far have tried the Aldi baby products and also some laundry detergent, sounds like there are many other things to try and hopefully this year I will be lucky enough to try a few more.

It's nice being given the opportunity to try things you might not otherwise and mumsnet has been one of the places I trust for reviews on items so good to help contribute to that - it was actually the reviews from one of your trials that helped me pick my buggy!

I like firawla's suggestion about trying things that are local - it might also help me to meet other mums who are local to me.

unquietmind Fri 04-Jan-13 10:13:24

Hello,

I have joined the panel and been on the panel for around a year, and I really enjoy doing the product testing - I am often standing in the supermarket/looking at products online and wondering whether its worth the money and fulfills my needs. Getting to try a few bits out helps with costs too, as we have a big family. That method detergent was excellent and I couldnt fault it, for quality or how long it lasted. I like seeing if people think similarly to me, or if they have thought of something I havent thought of in their reviews.

Im big on eco friendly products, so Im all for testing those. It would be nice to try something applicable for my teenage lads too, but Im not sure what. I am open to trying anything, I suppose I would just like more opportunities to try things. How about holidays? wink. Another suggestion could be products aimed at disabled and learning disabled children, as many products cost a lot and families with not so high incomes cannot always buy safe items for their kids, and may not be successful with their local social services and grants etc. I would try those, in relation to my daughter who has MLD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now