Help me! Third week on slimming world and still no weight loss!

(7 Posts)
Countessfosco Fri 31-Jan-14 10:44:08

Just that really. Normally I lose two pounds a week, especially after my Christmas blow out smile. This time nothing at all. Following usual plan. Tried drinking more water. Still nothing.

I am exercising around three time a week but have been doing this for sometime.
Any suggestions?Don't want it give into my middle age spread, and bingo wings just yet!

HaveYouHeardOfGoogle Fri 31-Jan-14 10:45:30

Are you sticking to the rules? Third plate free food etc? Keeping track of your syns? I found after a few weeks I would get a bit complacent and the weight loss reflected that.

Countessfosco Fri 31-Jan-14 10:51:36

I think so, but you could be right and I have become complacent, but I am doing exactly the same as I normally do and it is not working this time. I will go back to basics and keep track of everything. Thanks.

HaveYouHeardOfGoogle Fri 31-Jan-14 10:56:12

Definitely keep a track of vest you're having. A little extra here or there all adds up. Boring I know but I'm speaking from experience.

Have you seen the website slimming eats? It's a great place for lovely meal ideas - the woman who does it is a genius.

StickChildrenTwo Fri 31-Jan-14 13:25:08

I would up you SUPER FREE foods if you can. Slice up some peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes etc and try and incorporate them into EVERY meal for a few weeks because they help you to shed water weight which we all hang on to at certain times of the month or after a bit blow out at Christmas! Definitely don't give up. My friend has lost 5 stone on slimming world and kept it off for 2 years, she had weeks of maintaining and even gains but she kept going. If she'd have given up after a few weeks of maintaining she'd still be 5 stone over weight, but she's not. She kept going and she looks and feels amazing. Good luck x

AandAmom Fri 31-Jan-14 15:51:34

I had same issue, switched it round a bit and followed original red days for a few days, lost 3 1/2 pounds this week, think my body need a shock to kick start weight loss. Good luck x

Countessfosco Fri 31-Jan-14 20:13:30

Thanks for replies, I will try your suggestions. Maybe switching to red days for a while since I never do red days a Aandamon suggested.
I usually have great losses with slimming world and initially lost a lot of weight with it and now use it to maintain. Just not working at the moment. Will keep trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now