How many syns a day do you have?

(11 Posts)
Shoegal30 Wed 15-Jan-14 13:38:19

I have just started my second week of SW and was surprised that I had only lost 1lb.

Thankfully I had kept a food diary and when I looked at I realised that although my meals are syn free - I was eating on average 12 syns a day mostly consisting of low fat choc and crisp.

I am now going to try and average 7-8 syns a day.

I am on the EE plan.

StickChildrenTwo Wed 15-Jan-14 13:56:39

I tend to have between 0- 10 a day. The last 2 days I haven't had any. Today by the end of it I will have had 4. It varies. Are you sure you were counting your syns correctly? Not saying you haven't but on your first week I would have expected you to lose more that 1lbs but try not to get disheartened. 1lbs, every week for a year adds up to 4 stone so it's a step in the right direction!

Have you counted every spoon full of sugar/ every dash of milk in your tea or coffee/ every teaspoon of anything syn-ful needs to be a level tea spoon not heaped. Little tiny things can add up to a lot of syns if you're not careful.

Shoegal30 Wed 15-Jan-14 15:39:49

Thanks Stick. Thankfully I don't drink any hot drinks so no danger of any syns there.

I already cook a lot of my food from scratch and have only substituted cooking oil for fry light and reduced the condiments in some areas so it hasn't been a drastic change from me.

The only thing I have reduced is the amount of bread and am no longer having full fat choc or crisp. I think I need to be more strict in this area.

Also I am due on my period tomorrow so maybe some of it was menustral bloating grin

ballstoit Sun 19-Jan-14 12:21:52

How much veg have you been eating? I tend to eat 10 syns a day in the week and 15 (or possibly 1 or 2 more grin ) at weekends.

However, I do notice that not eating at least a third veg at each meal will reduce my weight loss to 0.5-1 lb ish.

The week before my period is unlikely to be a big loss though, no matter what I eat...usually maintain or half a lb...the week after is usually a larger loss though wink

FlatCapAndAWhippet Tue 21-Jan-14 15:01:06

I have under ten each day, they normally consist of sauces, pickles, that kind of stuff that I add to my salads, cooking etc. At the weekend I'll drink wine and cider too but I rarely have crisps and choc as I find my weight really doesn't shift much if I do. Good luck on wk two smile

santasballsackisnolonger Wed 22-Jan-14 13:31:09

i only has a small loss my first week but then the next few weeks were quite impressive! if i have a bad week it tends not to show til the following week. Slow in body and mind obviously

Churmy123 Thu 23-Jan-14 12:23:23

I try to limit my sysn to 10 a day. Although on the days that I do my exercise i might go up t 15 :-)

RCOR Mon 24-Feb-14 14:00:47

I know it's not recommended but I tried to keep to zero syns, or as close to as I possibly could. I did allow mysf a treat on a Friday - but even then it was one of those Alpen low syn bars. I did this up until I had reached my initial 1 stone target. After that I wasn't quite as hard on myself. I lost 2st in total which was my aim. I'm now a target member but always aware of what I'm eating.

DreamToSleep Mon 24-Feb-14 15:08:27

It's my first weigh in today..I have been having between 0-7 syns will let you know how I get on tonight smile

MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 26-Feb-14 01:00:21

I have between 10 and 15 a day, generally including a glass of wine with dinner. I have lost 7.5lbs in 3 weeks on Extra Easy but hope for a decent loss this week as was pre-menstrual last week. I understand it isn't uncommon to have a small loss the first week of a diet and a bigger one the second, particularly if you had a bit of a blow out before starting like some people I tend to.

DreamToSleep Wed 26-Feb-14 18:42:40

I lost 4.5lbs at first weigh in..second one on Monday. .hoping for 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now