SLIMMING WORLD #2

(998 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 14:52:42

Blondes arranges cushions and sw friendly snacks smile

welcome one and all wine and brew

muminthecity Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:30

I lost 9lbs in my first week! I'm delighted, that's a lot more than I was expecting. I celebrated by treating myself to a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for dinner grin

tigerdriverII Tue 23-Apr-13 22:32:29

muminthecity. That's a fab loss, well done! In fact its absolutely amazing!!

Don't forget though that today does count, our consultant reminded us of the "black hole" after your WI, when you go mmmmaaaadddd. She said she'd had 76 syns in one go, mainly from the chip shop. I have to confess about 26 syns tonite, all from the wine bottle. I'm not sure where I could find another 50 syns from, but I do see what she meant.

And well done everyone else, some super losses.

androbbob : I have banged on about it, but the success express is working for me. I do it four days, then do EE Fri to Sun. They explain it in one of this years books, it's basically low carb and low fat but you get 2 hebs and 2 heas so you don't feel hungry. I have done it, 4 on, 3 off, for the last three weeks and lost about 4 lb. for me that's really good and it has meant I've felt more relaxed over the weekend.

Curlywurlysareyum Tue 23-Apr-13 22:36:38

Muminthecity - that's amazing!! Well done!!!!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 06:05:23

Well done mum and curly. Fab losses smile

B fruit and yog
L ham roll (b) and salad and boiled eggs
T mince sweet potato and veg and prob cheese (a)

Must catch up with my sw mags - for think 2 new and unopened

KissMyGrits Wed 24-Apr-13 07:05:16

Well done on all the losses! 1.4lbs off for me this week.

MrsMeow Wed 24-Apr-13 09:06:30

Hi everyone smile well done on all the fab losses!

Weigh in last night and I lost 3lb, despite being away with friends at the weekend so was rather chuffed. 8lbs in two weeks and I'm doing the scan bran thing thing this week so hoping for at least 2 off next week. Really pleased with how well SW is working for me.

WheresMyCow Wed 24-Apr-13 09:11:25

Well done for all the losses grin

Made quiche a la blondes last night with tuna and sweetcorn, so am having that for lunch today with salad. Will let you know what I think later!

onceipopicantstop Wed 24-Apr-13 10:23:58

Hi SW experts am after some advice. I have done SW in the past and lost half a stone then completely fell off the wagon! Have regained the half stone and then some! Now TTC, and very concerned/embarrassed/ashamed about my weight. Don't want to delay TTC any longer as time/age is against me! So am thinking about restarting SW in the hope that I can lose some weight whilst TTC. Had heard somewhere that SW was ok if pregnant/TTC but their website seems to say that you can't do it if pregnant.Obviously I could attend until pregnant and first couple of months if I don't tell them but just wondering if anyone knew otherwise?

onceipopicantstop Wed 24-Apr-13 10:25:47

PS what is the scan bran thing you all mention? I heard it talked about in classes before but never got round to investigating any further!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 11:23:43

Well done mrsmeow

Cow - you are insinuating you might not like quiche a la blondes ......shock

Yes you can do sw tcc and no reason why you can't when pregnant - Tbh it's healthy eating - think you may get an extra a for calcium - maybe google it

And you can also sw when bf afterwards - again sure you get extra syns and possibly extra a and b

NanaNina Wed 24-Apr-13 12:20:22

This is a good thread but (and please don't take offence anyone) I do notice that people mostly post about their weight loss, which is understandable, but don't always answer queries. SO I will try but have queries of my own!
Onceipop - I really can't see any reason why you couldn't do SW while you were pregnant because it is as they say food optimising not a diet as such (though it feels like one sometimes!) am surprised that the website says you can't do it if you're pregnant.

Re: Scanbran. These are sort of crispbreads but they are not as nice as Ryvita - people talk about sawdust and I can see why, but I think they are 1/2 syn each on SW. They have them at the SW classes and yu can buy them from Holland and Barrett. You need to have something on them as they are very dry (hence the sawdust thing) I slice banana on mine.

PLEASE can someone tell me:
Is quorn only allowed on green days?
My books are a few years old - are there new ones out (Tiger mentioned success express in this year's books)

If there are new books I will need to go back to class but I then just do it myself at home as hate going to class even though it is always recommended.

Lovely to hear all of your doing so well but I need to do well too!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 12:51:42

Tbh nina most of us do ee rather then red green though think androb does green as veggie so don't know the answer of your question

On ee you can eat quorn mince chicken and rosemary onion sausages freely

Think other quorn stuff is syned

You really need to get this years books either via sw or eBay etc as things change so much

onceipopicantstop Wed 24-Apr-13 13:19:03

Thanks for the replies. Am feeling very motivated today - weighed myself this morning and it was a bit of a shock! So am trying to decide whether to rejoin a class or do online - thinking a class might be a good motivator as easy to cheat (and ignore the weigh in requests!) at home! But starting today anyway as can remember the basics I think! So far:
B - fruit
L - jacket potato with tuna/ fromage frais/small bit of salad cream

Tea is a slight poblem as meeting some friends for an italian meal - any suggestions??? I presume tomato based sauces with pasta, or perhaps bolognese may be best?

WheresMyCow Wed 24-Apr-13 13:20:07

Of course not insinuating that I wouldn't like it Blondes...I knew that I would like it, what's not to like grin

I was just wondering whether I had put too much tuna in with a full tin, and I can report back that it was too much tuna. Still lovely though and very filling, I've not even had my satsuma afterwards!!

Yes Nina, there were new books in January this year, mine are at home or I would look for you about the quorn.

Re: scanbran - they are 1 syn each or 5 for a HEb and as Nina said, you can get them in group where they are cheaper or Holland and Barrett.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 14:18:23

Cow - glad you liked smile

And I add either a tin of tuna - salmon - or packet of ham chopped

May make a chicken based one next week

Never tried scanbran - tho others say it is sawdust

Would be cereal - roll - rivitta for my b - when I rem to eat lol x

MrsMeow Wed 24-Apr-13 14:38:07

Thanks Blondes, how are you doing?

I never thought of adding tuna to the quiche, I'll try that next! I made one at the weekend with onions, peppers, spinach and ham...that was nice but needed a bit more flavour I thought.

Scan bran is £1.20 in group, that's for 10 slices so 2 days if you're doing it that way. My SW consultant has put some fab recipes on Facebook using scan bran, including choc orange cake, scotch eggs, meatloaf, curly wurly cake. I'll try and C&P some over if anyone wants any? Weight loss is supposed to be fab with it.

MrsMeow Wed 24-Apr-13 14:39:11

OnceIPop - I went for an Italian at the weekend and had a tomato mozzarella and avocado salad. Not v interesting but nice and filling smile

WheresMyCow Wed 24-Apr-13 15:25:16

Perhaps it was just my cheap tuna. It wasn't the best stuff in the world and the taste was quite overpowering. Do you use tuna in brine or spring water?

I have to agree MrsMeow there are some fab recipes for scanbran, I just haven't tried any yet...you can even make scanbran ferrero rocher!!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 16:04:03

hi mrsmeow - not too bad thank you smile for asking

cow - i use tinned in water

onceipop - pasta and prawns/chicken in tom&basil sauce is prob the lowest

dont be fooled by salads, sometimes much higher esp if caesar dressing or avocado etc

Huffpot Wed 24-Apr-13 16:40:08

onceipop SW can be done all through TTC/pregnancy and you still have 15 syns and 2 HEA & 2 HEB smile (and good luck!)

WI tonight for me...am hoping for 2 lbs so I can get my half stone award grin

WheresMyCow Wed 24-Apr-13 17:22:03

Good luck for tonight Huff I'm hoping for the same when I WI on Saturday so that I can get my half stone grin

Will try some of the tuna in water instead next time.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Apr-13 17:31:02

good luck huff smile

muminthecity Wed 24-Apr-13 18:58:30

Thanks everyone, I was very pleased but still have a looong way to go!

Tigerdriver - You are right, there is definitely a temptation to binge eat on WI night and then get back on the wagon the next day! However, my bagel was 11.5 syns, smoked salmon is free and the philly was my HEA so not too bad smile.

Today I had a banana for breakfast, jacket potato topped with light philly, smoked salmon (leftover from last night) and spring onion with a big salad for lunch. It was delicious and very, very filling! I am having trout with SW chips, asparagus, sweetcorn and broccoli for dinner.

androbbob Wed 24-Apr-13 19:49:55

nananina I am not sure how old your books are but I have a spare set from 2012 which I am quite happy to post to you. Not sure if it has success express in it but may be a better option than buying off ebay.

Back later - got some work to do.

Huffpot Wed 24-Apr-13 21:04:04

4.5lbs off - half stone award, slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month grin
Now time for a jacket potato and salad followed by a crunchie (9 syns) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now