Cranial Osteopath in London recommend

(34 Posts)
moonprayer Fri 14-Jun-13 13:33:22

Hi, could anyone recommend a good Cranial Osteopath in London? I want to try on my 5.5mo DS. He had a difficult birth and hasn't settled yet. He has been quite windy since birth. Now his little tummy seems to be full of trapped wind and his poop is always explosive (sorry for the details). I've tried gripe water, colief... neither seemed to work... If this still doesn't work, I would probably go to a doctor to have a proper food intolerance/allergic test... sad poor little one... he's been always a cute lovely boy, so I feel even more guilty for him as all his discomfort seems to be my fault...

Gooseysgirl Sat 15-Jun-13 20:11:48

Bruce Dyson at Wanstead Dental and Health Centre 24 High St, Wanstead... not far from you in South Woodford! We took DD to him when she was 3 weeks old as she had mild colic. There was a definite improvement after treatment, she had 3 sessions altogether.

CinnabarRed Sat 15-Jun-13 20:13:14

There's a thread in children's health at the moment that you should definitely check out.

I'm on the phone so can't type it all out, but basically there's a massive difference between an osteopath who has cranial experience, and a cranial osteopath

Osteopaths have to train for a minimum of 5years, are a recognised branch of the medical profession and are fully regulated.

In contrast, anyone at all can call themselves a cranial osteopath and be entirely unregulated - because the title isn't protected.

So by all means give it a go - just make sure you go to a trained, insured and regulated osteopath, and not a "cranial therapist" or similar.

Good luck.

Gooseysgirl Sat 15-Jun-13 20:15:41

Also if you google OneAddison (Addison Rd, Wanstead) there is an osteopath that comes recommended by a friend of mine.

CinnabarRed Sat 15-Jun-13 21:10:33

Ah - that thread's in Chat and is called Osteopath's for babies anyone. Several London recommendations too.

Sheshelob Sat 15-Jun-13 21:18:11

Anyone who is part of BOA is certified, so their website is a good place to start.

Cranio- sacral is different from Cranial Osteopath.

moonprayer Sun 16-Jun-13 04:08:42

Hi, thank you all. I really appreciate everyone as I know it's all because you care about my DS. Austen, I won't delay any proper medical attention to my DS. Actually I've made a lot of trips to my GP. But most of the time it didn't help at all. Like amazingmumof6 said, they always say he will grow out of it or just prescribe some random medicine. Finally GP has just referred me to a paed last week, but who knows when I can actually see the doctor. Now he is 5.5mo, and it's jus painful to see him pushing gas out of his little tummy day and night, which really disturbs his sleeping. That's why I want to try osteo and see whether it will make some difference, as It seems to work for some cases according to many people's experience. I am not an expert at all, but even science itself is still developing and there are so many things it cannot explain. I am just fairly open to a the solutions rather than just waiting and watching my DS in pain.If it still doesn't work, I will go to private paed sooner rather than waiting weeks for an NHS one.
And thank you amazingmumof6, I got your msg and will make the call. Finger crossed it could work!

amazingmumof6 Sun 16-Jun-13 04:11:27

good plan, happy to help with practical stuff if you need! I mean it!

moonprayer Sun 16-Jun-13 04:21:32

dev9aug, GP said DS had mild reflux but just suggested to wean earlier but slowly just with baby rice, which I am doing. It helps a bit with his splitting-up, but doesn't make his trapped wind problem any better. But glad to hear that you found what was going wrong and your DC got all settled. I wish I could be a more competent mum and know what the problem is with my poor DS.

moonprayer Sun 16-Jun-13 08:21:39

Wingdingdong, thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds amazing and I am really happy for you and your DD that everything turned to be all right now. bless her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now