12 mo screwy naps and bedtime

(3 Posts)

I agree with Grey - sounds like your LO is moving from 2 to 1 naps in the day. You may need to just go with with the flow for a bit and expect things to be a bit mucky, have an earlier lunch, and nap from 11.30am or something, but it does settle down.

HTH

x

Greywacke Wed 13-Feb-13 11:45:48

Mine dropped to 1 nap around that point. He is now 14 months. I found that the morning nap was getting later and later and he just wasn't managing the afternoon one.

I slowly managed to push the morning nap back to 12:30. I give him a snack around 10 to help keep him going. He then sleeps for 2 hours and goes down fine at 7-7:30.

Hth

Suchanamateur Wed 13-Feb-13 09:10:26

DD a week off 12 months having had what I now realise was a fairly stable rhythm is all over the place. I don't know whether its the beginning of the 2-1 transition or just regression/ weirdy baby stuff. Any views? DS didn't go down to 1 nap until 18 months so this seems very early.

Until the last couple of weeks we were approx:
6.30/7 ish - wake (usually up at 5.30 for a brief feed)
9.30/10 - nap for 35 mins to 1 hr (most usually a short one though)
1/1.30 - nap for 1.5/ 2hrs
6.30ish - bedtime

Now she is often completely refusing her pm nap, even after only a short morning one. That makes for a loooong day, even with early bed.

I took her swimming yesterday am and put her down after 3.5 hrs waketime (approx 2pm) and she actually went down fine and slept for an hour an a half. But then messed around at bedtime and didn't go down for an hour after i put her down (so didn't sleep until 8).

So it feels like if I do manage a pm sleep, it knocks bedtime (and she's still up quite early).

What to do? Bite the bullet and transition to 1 nap? Or ride this out a bit longer and see if shes just doing baby random?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now