I know it is shallow but Oscar is FIIIIIIIIIT...

(726 Posts)
WilfSell Sat 08-Sep-12 22:38:08

Yes, I know it's been said many times and it is totally ignoring his massive achievements and objectifying his deeply sexy shoulders and winning smile but jeez, what am I going to do for Saturday night fantasies from now on?

GothAnneGeddes Thu 22-Nov-12 02:55:12

What rumours? Am I not stalking hard enough following the wrong twitter accounts?

TheSmallClanger Thu 22-Nov-12 11:28:02

I'm not going to link to them, but it is being reported as "Oscar threatens to break someone's legs". The story doesn't really make sense, but it sounds as if some heated words were exchanged between Oscar and a SA TV producer over a cheating girlfriend, and some other South African TV presenter bloke has got involved for reasons completely unclear. The police came, no-one was charged, and it apparently all happened in September anyway, after Oscar came home from London.

There seems to be a small-to-medium media backlash against Oscar going on in South Africa. It appears to me that they are trying to grub up any dirt they can on him, by means fair or foul. Hence, very low quality of dirt.

I do think he needs to keep his head down more though, he seems rather naive in his dealings with the press and social media, and to be honest, a bit "young" for his age in some ways, if what I'm inferring from what I read is correct. This isn't uncommon in pro sportspeople.

Anyway, it's his birthday today and he seems quite happy on Twitter.

GothAnneGeddes Thu 22-Nov-12 22:41:42

It seems there's a bit of Tall Poppy syndrome going on. Probably not helped by SA having quite a macho culture, so it's probably quite easy to get into big chest puffing disagreements over not very much.

In other fangirl news, I am now being followed by Oscar's Butt on twitter. smile

Peachesplusone Fri 23-Nov-12 17:44:40

Sounds about right. Good job he's not British, the UK media would have done a hatchet job on him weeks ago. Poor Oscar. I do agree though, he needs to get away from the showbiz stuff and back on the track.

Right, off to check on what Oscar's Butt has been up to today grin

AmIthatScary Sat 24-Nov-12 02:40:14

Lots of lovely pics over the last few days on twitter, his night with dynamo magician (lots of pics of his house) and a nice birthday one of him in a restaurant(?) with a sparkly cocktail thingy.

His friends often post photos, I don't follow any of them, but do check their twitter feeds for nice pics.

I agree about the press thing. Typical tabloid, lots of half facts and no comments made into a "story". And yes, it does seem that the higher you rise in the public eye, the more the press love to bring you down.

Looking forward though to the athletics season starting so we can see some nice action.

TheSmallClanger Sat 24-Nov-12 17:44:15

A lot of the reactions I've seen to the story have treated it as something amusing, rather than something shocking.

Agreed on the action shots - nearly all of my favourite Oscar images are track based. Bring on the lycra and the sweat!

AmIthatScary Sun 25-Nov-12 02:25:29

From twitter, here is a nice pic of him on his birthday with sparkler

RedZombie Sun 25-Nov-12 18:32:17

I've been neglecting my Oscar crush recently so just catching up. I'm very [hmmm] to read the recent rumours as well. it was in Yahoo news this morning.

Meglet Sun 25-Nov-12 22:32:08

Still keeping an eye on his twitter feed from time to time.

He is still very beautiful.

AmIthatScary Mon 26-Nov-12 01:23:54

Here's a lovely wee film

Loved the comment about behaving and being a role model grin

GreatGretzky Mon 26-Nov-12 11:13:14

Ahh what an adorable video!

On twitter he mentioned Dynamo was filming when he visited Oscar's house...hope we see him in the new series.

GothAnneGeddes Tue 27-Nov-12 02:15:29

Yes, it should be really entertaining.

Thanks for the video AmI. Hang on, I've just noticed you've stopped making your profile clickable. <Feels sad>

Peachesplusone Tue 27-Nov-12 18:25:01

Such a lovely video AmI, thank you. Just when I thought I'd gone off him a bit, you have to go and find something like that and make me come over all wibbly and unnecessary again grin

TheSmallClanger Tue 27-Nov-12 21:33:12

He posted quite an amusing tweet this morning about mistaking the noise his washing machine makes for the sound of someone breaking into his house.

I shouldn't laugh too hard, as I know that break-ins are common and dangerous in S Africa. It's like taking the p out of Australian people for being scared of spiders. He obviously hasn't done his own laundry for some time, though.

AmIthatScary Tue 27-Nov-12 23:11:37

GothAnneGeddes Sorry, I thought everyone had seen enough of my photos, and as I do tend to pour my heart out on MN usually when pissed I was a bit wary of someone I know finding me and laughing at me.

But I will open them up for a few days if you want.

I think in view of last weeks "rumours", he was maybe a bit worried that he did have intruders who might have meant him harm.

Twitter does have lots of good photos though, there was a good one on Sunday of him and friends in a practically deserted restaurant.

I've really not gone off him at all, I like the fact that he is normal and not perfect.

He is the most beautiful man I have ever seen though grin

GothAnneGeddes Wed 28-Nov-12 02:25:40

<sigh> Thanks for that AmI. smile I know what you mean about saying too much on here though. I'm sure I'm due a namechange.

Yes, I laughed at the washing machine part. I guess he means what he says about his dogs being big softies too. He did an interview a while ago and was asked what he'd rescue in a fire and he said, his dog, as the dog is so stupid, it'd just try and lick the flames.

Peachesplusone Wed 28-Nov-12 16:12:03

Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh saying I'd gone off him. I just meant that my interest was waning slightly as I find Sleb Oscar a bit boring, and I want him to hurry up and get back to being Athlete Oscar quick.

I don't have a Twitter account. Am I missing out on much? I can stalk look at what he's been doing just by checking his Twitter feed without being logged in. I haven't joined because basically I'd only be following Oscar or other Oscar related accounts, and that would be too much of an admission of my obsession.

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Wed 28-Nov-12 16:17:44

Lovely video, he's so lovely! Little Caitlin is lovely isn't she?

TheSmallClanger Wed 28-Nov-12 22:10:19

Caitlin is adorable, and obviously very confident, which is nice to see.

Oscar is back in training, according to Twitter. No pics as yet, but we all know that he isn't camera-shy...

AmIthatScary Thu 29-Nov-12 00:46:13

I found a really sweet picture of him. He looks lovely, a bit tired, but lovely

OP

GreatGretzky Fri 30-Nov-12 10:51:14

Looks like he's in London again! Not expecting the cold weather, bless him. I can keep him warm grin

GothAnneGeddes Fri 30-Nov-12 13:54:52

I wonder if that's the airport Small Clanger works at? I'm sure she'd keep him warm.

AmI - he does look a bit tired in that picture. Poor Oscar.

AmIthatScary Fri 30-Nov-12 21:13:56

Oh yes, she could have been on hand with a blanket for him. Or offered to rub his hands to heat him up

AmIthatTinselly Sat 01-Dec-12 19:35:16

I believe the Piers Morgan interview is on CNN at 9 tonight grin

AmIthatTinselly Sat 01-Dec-12 21:05:11

or not!!!!!! It must be on in USA at 9 then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now