Anyone skiing in Scotland this half-term?

(13 Posts)
ElaClaw Tue 18-Feb-14 18:56:13

Was up Cairngorm today and had a surprisingly good day for half-term!

Taking the kids down there on Thursday for sledging! Glad to hear there is plenty snow - did you see the nursery slopes was there snow there?

ElaClaw Tue 18-Feb-14 19:02:46

Loads of snow on the nursery slopes smile

ElaClaw Tue 18-Feb-14 20:03:20

PS do check the forecast before you go smile

Ah it's only an hour away if its not great we will go swimming instead.
Nice day out.
Are you staying in aviemore?

ElaClaw Tue 18-Feb-14 20:34:20

We are lucky enough live fairly locally. Planning the night skiing tomorrow night too. Have fun sledging!

ElaClaw Fri 21-Feb-14 20:13:47

Did you go sledging? I think the skiing was cancelled for the day.

Night skiing was awesome grin

Er yes. It was absolutely arctic and blowing a gale so we were brave and tried but we had been out of the car for about three seconds when the kids wanted to get back in.
Then we went to the park at the Macdonald resort and it pished down!
So a Subway and back to Inverness for a warmer park. Ah well, there is always next time!

ElaClaw Sat 22-Feb-14 18:30:21

Typically Cairngorm welcome! There will still be snow by Easter at this rate smile

SweepTheHalls Sat 22-Feb-14 19:45:38

We're here at the mo, nothing going on on Cairngorm, but we've gone to Lecht which has been great smile smile

ElaClaw Sun 23-Feb-14 06:38:03

I love the Lecht, especially for young children/beginners. I learnt to ski at the Lecht and was terrified when I first went to Cairngorm!

So windy this morning pretty sure Cairngorm won' be open today sad

wearymotherof6 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:13:47

Can anyone give me any advice on best place for me to go with my two teenage boys? We're complete novices but would love to give it s go - it's our half term this week so thought it might be quieter to go for couple of days? Would be travelling up from Wirral area - so would like snow when we got there! My friend has been skiing in Scotland and said it was always very windy and cold - is she right?

ElaClaw Mon 24-Feb-14 10:43:40

Cairngorm would probably be best - the Lecht is losing its snow on the nursery slopes sad

Never been to Glenshee or Glencoe so can't speak for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now