Who's joining me? Ski fit in 8wks

(32 Posts)
SkiBumMum Thu 03-Jan-13 15:17:15

I need buddies!

massistar Tue 22-Jan-13 11:08:48

Oh Clam, that's awful, you poor thing sad.

SkiBumMum Thu 24-Jan-13 22:08:50

Oh no Clam. Poor you! Hope you're okish now.

Sorry - rubbish me for having started a thread and then forgetting about it!

I've been doing lots of squats and the like. Feeling stronger but not fitter really. Can't run due to pelvic floor issues and it's too bloody cold to swim even though fine for the kids

How is everyone else going?

Zoidberg Thu 31-Jan-13 11:50:10

Well, I was lurking, and now have realised it's only 4 weeks not 8 so need to get serious. Have been doing Couch25K, am half way through week 4, and doing a set of squats, lunges etc from another thread on here, every few days (should be every day). So prob getting a wee bit fitter but really need to step it up to doing something every day. And eating less as trousers still bit tight, eek!

CaurnieBred Fri 01-Feb-13 13:11:31

We go mid March. The past 2 days I did the Davina Super Body Workout Super Sculpt/Legs routine which is squat and lunge 'tastic and now I can hardly walk. Sure it will be worth it in the end!

clam Thu 07-Feb-13 16:19:25

Well, I'm doing a whole different load of exercises that were never on my radar before. Things like scrunching toes and flexing my ankle. Whoopeedoo. sad

Zoidberg Thu 07-Feb-13 19:47:41

Poor you Clam. I had to have a tooth out today, and had a cold all week, so am not up to much at the moment other than feeling sorry for myself but yes I know I still have the hol to look forward to.

clam Tue 12-Feb-13 19:04:10

Well, slightly better news - I'm going on the trip, at least. I'm closing my mind to what might have been, and I'm going to sit on a sunny balcony over-looking the slopes, or by a log-fire, or by a glass-fronted heated pool with MN a large pile of books, and demand vin chaud and hot chocolates at regular intervals.

Better than sinking into a deep depression home alone anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now