When i click on my mumsnet

(15 Posts)
StickEmUpSkywards Sat 07-Jun-14 11:50:47

And go to account it logs me out and i cant get back in to see the page.
Annoying

Help please smile

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Jun-14 17:20:14

How annoying! Sorry StickEmUpSkywards - which browser are you using?

Is anyone else having this problem?

StickEmUpSkywards Sun 08-Jun-14 07:40:20

Thank you. smile

Er ipad, the normal safari app that comes with

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 08-Jun-14 12:50:52

Thanks StickEmUpSkywards -

We haven't had any other reports about this but will get our Tech folk to take a look when they get a minute.

In the meantime, if anyone else is having this problem - please shout! We need to know grin

I've just given it a go and have been logged out too.

Particularly annoying as I have no memory, can't remember my new password so have had to do password reset ! Am sure to forget that one too blush.

I'm using iPad on Safari too.

Oh dear, far too many 'too's' in that post

StickEmUpSkywards Tue 10-Jun-14 22:11:41

Any news?

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Jun-14 23:00:31

Hi again StickEmUpSkywards

Really sorry for the delay - we'll give our Tech folk a nudge and get back to you.

ExcuseTypos Tue 10-Jun-14 23:12:04

I should be logged on all the time, but if I try to go straight to 'threads I'm on' it logs me out.

I'm on an iphone or iPad.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Jun-14 12:50:06

StickEmUp

Sorry, have just turned my brain on and realised what the problem is here.

For security reason, when you go to "My Account", you will be asked to enter your log in information. So you're not being logged out as such, but rather verifying who you are- we have this in place so that if you leave MN up on a screen, no-one can tamper with your account, e.g. changing password.

ExcuseTypos - not quite sure why that's happening to you, sorry. What do you mean by "go straight to" threads I'm on?

StickEmUpSkywards Wed 11-Jun-14 17:30:31

Hi Kate
Thanks, I've not been clear though, i go to my mum et and get the logged out screen, then when i out my details in it asks again. I see log in at the top right so i know I'm logged out as when i give up and go to active, pr wherever i am still logged out..

I cannot access the page where you can name change, put it that way

ExcuseTypos Wed 11-Jun-14 18:05:33

It's when I am coming onto mumsnet. When I start to put "mumsnet.com" into the browser(is that the right word?) "threads I'm on" comes up, so I click on that and it usually takes me straight to that page. If I do that at the moment it says "you need to log in". But I should already be logged in.

Sorry if I haven't explained that very well - as you may have worked out, I am rubbish with computers.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Jun-14 16:23:24

Hm - thanks for the info folks. My answer for everything today is update your iOS - does that help at all?

ExcuseTypos Thu 12-Jun-14 16:48:01

Kate it's not logging me out today- not sure what has happened but its workedsmile

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Jun-14 14:26:39

Hurrah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now