Any idea why threads drop off my 'I'm watching'?

(43 Posts)
TalisaMaegyr Wed 22-Jan-14 15:12:45

At least once a day, a couple of threads I'm watching disappear. I can find them again because I know what they're called, but I re-'watch' them again, only for them to drop off again later.

Any ideas what might be causing this please?

NymodigFruOla Wed 22-Jan-14 16:36:46

Have you limited the number of threads you're watching? I.e., 25, 50 or whatever? Could you check in Customise to see how many?

TalisaMaegyr Thu 23-Jan-14 10:00:50

No, that's not it. My 'threads I'm on' is set at 50 and there's no option to customise 'threads I'm watching' confused

NymodigFruOla Thu 23-Jan-14 19:22:23

There's another thread in Site Stuff about this www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/1975724-Ive-lost-my-Im-Watching-list

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jan-14 17:21:56

Hi there,

Thanks for flagging. We'll see if our tech team knows what's going on.

TalisaMaegyr Sat 25-Jan-14 16:22:21

Thanks MNHQ. It's weird!

WingDefence Sat 25-Jan-14 21:58:22

This has been happening to me to. I thought I'd check on here before posting a thread.

I wondered if it was something to do with the 'watch this thread box' under the comment box. I tend to click on 'watch' at the top of a thread but perhaps if that box isn't ticked under my comment, even if it has been on my TIW list and I've come to it from there, it 'unwatches' it somehow?

I use MN on my phone (safari), ipad (safari) and laptop (IE) so I haven't noticed whether it happens after I've been on one item or another.

BOFtastic Tue 28-Jan-14 23:35:30

Mine are randomly disappearing too.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 29-Jan-14 10:12:52

Hmm

I've found myself that threads are randomly being added to my Watch List - anyone else getting that?

WingDefence Wed 29-Jan-14 15:51:18

No that's not happened to me Rowan.

WingDefence Fri 07-Feb-14 20:12:38

Still losing TIW threads.

ThePearShapedToad Sat 08-Feb-14 22:21:15

Hi HQ, this has been happening to me for a week now, started a thread about it a few days ago and also adding my plea to this one!

And I can't remember all the threads I was watching
< wails >

Threads drop off my I'm watching list if I post on them, I assumed this was (a pain but okay) normal. That's not what's happening is it? (I am sure I am way off the mark)

sykadelic Wed 12-Feb-14 21:10:10

All my watched threads just disappeared... no idea why. Posting on them didn't make them disappear before. I was able to add one back and I have one more to add back but there's others I'm sure I'm forgetting...

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Feb-14 15:17:39

Thanks all - sorry this is happening.

Could you all please let us know:

whether you're using the app, the desktop site or the mobile site;
which browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) you're using (if you're on desktop or mobile site); and
which device you're having trouble on (PC, Apple computer, iPhone, iPad, Samsung phone or tablet, Windows phone or tablet, etc)

Thanks

sykadelic Fri 14-Feb-14 15:23:29

Never mind. I'm a moron. Turns out I have 2 accounts (I didn't know I had this one and logged in accidentally) and I log into my "new" one at home and my "old" one (this one) at work... I will PM MNHQ to see if they can be merged or... something :S

Sorry!

WingDefence Mon 17-Feb-14 16:52:08

It's still doing it for me but I haven't had a chance to monitor exactly when it happens. I do think it has something to do with the 'watch this thread' box under the comment box - is this relatively new MNHQ?

Givemeyouranswerdo Mon 17-Feb-14 18:35:11

On an iPad, using Safari, how can I get rid of a thread 'I'm watching'?
Pretty please. Don't think I ever clicked on it but I don't know how to remove it. TIA.

WingDefence Wed 19-Feb-14 06:58:35

Right, this happens most with one particular thread with me and it's just happened again after I've posted on it on my phone (iphone, safari).

So it's in my TIW and then I post on it on my phone and then it disappears from TIW. Thinking about it, this is probably the thread I post mostly from on my phone at the moment and the others tend to be from my laptop so I'm guessing therein lies the problem? confused

WingDefence Sat 22-Feb-14 07:06:55

Yes it's happened again and I paid attention to it this time.

I'm on this thread which I have on my TIW. I have just posted to it from my iphone on safari and it has removed it from my TIW.

Can you please help Tech?

It is still happening, only just had opera unity to check.
When I post on a thread I am watching it jumps off the I'm watching list and I have to re add it.
I use the mobile site on an iPhone so safari.

WingDefence Sun 23-Feb-14 07:30:53

YY definitely happens when I'm posting on my iphone on safari.

WingDefence Sun 23-Feb-14 07:31:51

It's just happened on this thread too. Case in point!

RegainingUnconsciousness Sun 23-Feb-14 07:34:57

I've been having this with my post natal group thread for weeks. Constantly disappearing from my watch list (mobile, safari, iPhone).

It occurred to me yesterday that I don't know if it's happening to other threads and I just haven't noticed.

WingDefence Thu 27-Feb-14 08:54:39

Still happening when I post on my iphone in safari. It's getting pretty annoying now...!

(And will happen to this thread too once I press 'post'.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now