Good morning all

(171 Posts)
Maryz Fri 06-Dec-13 08:32:23

Can I start off this lovely day by scattering peace and love, gin and valium, flowers and cake and invite you all to a chatty, fun-and-poetry-filled thread where all are welcome and life can get back to normal.

I will even don my Christmas hat grudgingly and a week early

fsmile

Oh, I love the Refrigerator haiku - a bit of randomness amuses me no end.

The answer to everything...

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 21:41:13

I used to hide some topics but I don't think I've got anything hidden now. I've never really noticed a difference between AIBU threads and threads elsewhere. THey all seem to have the same capacity to get horribly fighty. I just graze in Active Convos without really noticing what topics I'm posting in.

HotheadPaisan Sat 07-Dec-13 21:29:51

Ah, I hid AIBU many years ago. I roam Active and Last 15 mins and pounce where I can. I though the philosophy section talk earlier was interesting. I don't venture there, think I may even had it hidden but maybe I shouldn't.

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 21:25:55

Grr I've done that a couple of times recently. It wasn't anything terribly interesting, hothead. I was just responding to someone who started a really bizarrely angry thread in AIBU about the guest blogs on mn. People find odd things to get angry about.

HotheadPaisan Sat 07-Dec-13 21:17:11

That sounds intriguing, now I'm going to have to stalk you to see what it was in reply to. And I thought you meant prescription tablets, but only because in my frame of reference.

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 20:25:33

Whoops. Total wrong thread. This is what tablets do to me.

Computer tablets I mean. I'm not befuddled by reacreational drugs.

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 20:23:22

Why are you so angry about them moon? Have you read them? They aren't the "What I did with my child today and what we had for lunch" kind of thing (and even if they were I wouldn't really understand your anger).

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 16:37:01

kotinka

KateSMumsnet is that 2nd one Larkin inspired? Very good!

<takes a bow>

kotinka Sat 07-Dec-13 16:24:05

KateSMumsnet is that 2nd one Larkin inspired? Very good!

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 15:08:40

MadameDefarge

time is past and present and in the future all around little gidding and three other places.

My summary of the four quartets for MaryZ

Arf. How about The Wasteland Limmericks? I luffs Wendy Cope.

time is past and present and in the future all around little gidding and three other places.

My summary of the four quartets for MaryZ

HotheadPaisan Sat 07-Dec-13 14:12:46

I like them both, very good.

Maryz Sat 07-Dec-13 13:46:19

Aha [lightbulb]

I never got Eliot at all. He does sound Haiku-ish in that, doesn't he?

As I said above, I'm a Poetry Philistine.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 13:43:53

Maryz

I like the second one Kate. I'm not so keen on haiku-like stuff (was the first one a haiku?) mainly because I'm not clever enough to condense anything into a few words.

I believe in the power of quantity over quality when it comes to talking shite grin

grin First one was a naff take on the beginning of The Wasteland, inspired by ButThereAgain - I think she did it better.

Maryz Sat 07-Dec-13 13:38:18

I like the second one Kate. I'm not so keen on haiku-like stuff (was the first one a haiku?) mainly because I'm not clever enough to condense anything into a few words.

I believe in the power of quantity over quality when it comes to talking shite grin

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 13:34:51

<worries I have completely ruined thread>

They fuck up MNHQ,
They may not mean to, but they do
The fill threads with blue highlighted posts
And create new ones, just for you

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 13:24:06

<waves>

Thank you for the vair excellent poetry.

AIBU is the cruelest topic, breeding
Bunfights out of dead threads, mixing
judgeypants with desire.

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 12:58:38

Thank you. And here's some wine to go with it.

Maryz Sat 07-Dec-13 12:57:08

No idea. Have some cake full of all sorts of fats.

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 12:52:04

Or are transfatty acids the good ones? <completely losing all Wanker credentials>

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 12:51:00

I don't mean" Yes, that's right to are probably stupid"grin -- I mean "Yes that's right the edit probably was manipulative and misleading."

It's like eating food with transfatty acids in. Poisonous but a bit addictive.

BIWI Sat 07-Dec-13 12:49:35

grin @ Proust

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 12:48:52

Yes, that's probably right. I feel heartened though by what a nice, humane, and reasonably intelligent bunch of people they are for the most part, though. It warms the cockles to know that there are slebs like that.

Maryz Sat 07-Dec-13 12:45:35

The trouble with ImACleb this year is that they fooled me us all.

I started off thinking Amy was a bit silly, but mostly nice and naive, and that Lucy was a right cow. But then I realised belatedly that it was all in the edit.

So I feel a bit stupid, which has put me off it completely sad

ButThereAgain Sat 07-Dec-13 12:41:23

Oh, sadly it does, BIWI. Me and DS2 watch it together. It is a bonding experience. It's not unlike mumsnet, really. Lots of fallings out and earnest discussion of the tiniest details of controversies. grin Of course, I read Proust in the commercial breaks for penance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now