Rooners Sat 07-Dec-13 16:23:57

<!-- Skimlinks code from Jules implemented by Adam -->

Is it Adam's fault?

grin

lol

I just copied that

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Dec-13 15:02:11

Er...what tharsheblows said.

Sorry folks are feeling left high and dry - that's obviously he opposite of what we want. Afraid we don't know the precise techy details of why stuff isn't working in IE, but will consult with the mighty tech and try and get some answers for you flowers

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Sat 07-Dec-13 14:57:41

<nods sagely pretending to understand a word of tharsheblows' post>

tharsheblows Sat 07-Dec-13 14:09:38

It's because it thinks the function gotoCompose isn't there. It's commented out, ish (yes in IE, no in everything else?), using <!-- --> in a jQuery function just under #posts div.

That's my guess at least. If that's it, there's nothing you can do, it's a bug. I dislike IE loads, too, especially wrt to styling and not keeping up with css3 things but it's getting better. And with all the other devices available, I now hate other things more (mobiles, all flavours).

I mean, I hate developing for them. I like using them.

Definitely not working here either (IE10). Seems like there's nothing behind the link, it just takes you back to the top of the page.

Rooners Sat 07-Dec-13 07:13:30

Yes - nearly 7 years here.

I'm not chicken when I feel I'm justified in being cross about something and in this case I think we are.

I have another thread about this and also started one a week or so ago when it first became apparent there was an issue.

Nothing's been done to sort it. No one's even trying to.

It's basically 'get stuffed, not our problem'.

Well cheers.

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Fri 06-Dec-13 21:08:04

Thank you Rooners, that's what I was actually thinking but too chicken to say! grin and I've been here for 4.5 years.

Rooners Fri 06-Dec-13 18:50:02

What I mean is, it seems we change browser (I hate chrome - have heard LOADS of bad stuff about it) and 'get with the new' or we just fuck off.

Are you saying that you're not going to fix it then? When it worked perfectly alright till last week?

I would have appreciated a bit of notice tbh.

Rooners Fri 06-Dec-13 18:48:27

Look with masses of respect Rowan,

Many of us have been here ages. PM or CAT has always worked fine till this week.

Now you're saying, 'Sorry - it's IE - you'll have to change your browser, because it's rubbish'?

Really?

It makes me feel nothing short of unwelcome really. If it's so crap with IE then how come everything worked before last week?

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Fri 06-Dec-13 13:51:19

<accepts tea gratefully but wonders where the chocolate biscuits are wink>

IE is superdooper for everything except MN so I shan't change. I will just resign myself to never being able to contact any of my MN friends or other lovely posters again. <weeps>

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Dec-13 13:23:32

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow

Nooooooo! You tried to make me use Chrome before when we stopped being able to post. Someone there is fiddling with stuff and it's making me sad. fsad

Sorry

It's just that it's a good browser whereas Internet Explorer is rubbish and people rarely report problems with it

For now, unless anyone else if having trouble, it really does look as though this is an IE thing

We're sorry to make you sad though. brew?

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Fri 06-Dec-13 13:11:30

Nooooooo! You tried to make me use Chrome before when we stopped being able to post. Someone there is fiddling with stuff and it's making me sad. fsad

ThePearShapedToad Fri 06-Dec-13 13:10:56

Ooooh. It's not just me being an idiot fgrin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Dec-13 13:05:31

Right - no, there's doesn't seem to be that button on the mobile site. We'll see if Tech have this on their list of things to do.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Dec-13 13:03:53

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow

Still not working sad have you given up?

No, sorry, not given up

It does sound as though it might be an Internet Explorer problem though

Could you bear to use Chrome instead? It's free and easy and MN works like a charm on it...

ThePearShapedToad Fri 06-Dec-13 13:03:53

The mobile site

< waves white flag in case it's really obvious where this button is and I've just never noticed >

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Dec-13 13:02:17

ThePearShapedToad

Hi Rowan

< gulps nervously as never had to address the great and powerful Rowan directly before >

I'm on an apple iPhone, using safari (Internet explorer??)

I've never seen a "message poster" button anywhere? Presume it would be next to the report / reply buttons under each post?

Arf grin

Are you using the app or the mobile site?

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Fri 06-Dec-13 12:22:40

Still not working sad have you given up?

TheSmallHoofPrintsInTheSnow Thu 05-Dec-13 15:53:09

Desktop windows 7 Internet explorer 9 or 10 I think. I never used to have a problem.

ThePearShapedToad Thu 05-Dec-13 15:23:49

Hi Rowan

< gulps nervously as never had to address the great and powerful Rowan directly before >

I'm on an apple iPhone, using safari (Internet explorer??)

I've never seen a "message poster" button anywhere? Presume it would be next to the report / reply buttons under each post?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Dec-13 15:04:46

Sorry to hear some folk are still having trouble.

Could you tell us which version of the site you're using (desktop or mobile), what operating system you're on (Apple, Windows, Android etc), and what browser you're using (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc)

As a general rule, if you're on Internet Explorer Version 8 or earlier, lots of features of Mumsnet won't work well. If that's you, we really recommend you upgrading to a more recent version of IE, or even (preferably) Chrome or another browser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now