Like button

(16 Posts)
giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 10:54:31

Someone mentioned on one of the penis beaker threads that it would be good to have a like button. I can see there might be some down sides but on the really big threads that are hard to keep up with I often read things I like but it would be impossible to respond to everything and really great just to tick like! People might feel a bit less lost on big threads if they had the occasional like next to their post.

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 10:55:49

You must have joined reasonably recently or managed to miss it but there have been huuuuge discussions about this and it's always come down on the side of being a bad idea.

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 10:56:30

I am in the "bad idea" camp. If you like a comment say so!

No, no and thrice no.

Also, hell no and fuck no.

You're looking for FB.

Use your words.

Respectfully, like.

mistlethrush Fri 11-Oct-13 10:58:48

If you like it enough, post. If not don't.

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 11-Oct-13 10:59:07

No no no, threads are meant to be like conversations IMO, if people just click like it depersonalises it and it contributes nothing to the actual thread itself.

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 10:59:59

Ah ok thanks soup dragon (been here since 2004 grin ) Had a quick look through but couldnt see it under site stuff. Will do a search to see what the consensus was. I think certain topics it would def be a big no no but useful on others.

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 11:01:19

Thank goodness we dont have a thumbs down button wink

SoupDragon Fri 11-Oct-13 11:01:59

LOL. I'm sure it was within the last year it cropped up last grin Certainly since 2004 smile

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 11:03:20

I'm doing something wrong grin always come to the interesting threads when they are finished!

IslaValargeone Fri 11-Oct-13 11:04:56

No bloody way.

FruOla Fri 11-Oct-13 15:36:01

Sorry, giraffes, but this has been discussed for a good few years now. It's not popular!

We like .... erm .... talking to each other wink

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 15:56:49

It really is unpopular! I thought it would be more of a 50:50 split. guess the intrinsic flaw with this conversation is the people in favour cant be arsed to reply wink I dont think it would be right for all threads, where people are asking for advice say, but for a couple that I post on it would be helpful (in the past the 5:2 thread was too busy to keep up with for example). Thanks all

PatoBanton Fri 11-Oct-13 16:18:50

No, it would be horrible. I choose not to use FB and don't want its teenage format creeping in here - we're grown ups mainly I think?

But I can see why you suggested it, just, you know. It wouldn't work here.

Like on Babycenter - fluffyhunny and littlesirtrouble say thankyou for this helpful post. <yak>

PatoBanton Fri 11-Oct-13 16:19:58

Giraffes - so in essence what you're saying is, we have all massively dissed it but if there were a like button, you would probably have seventeen 'Like's to counter that. grin

giraffeseatpineapples Fri 11-Oct-13 16:40:49

Exactly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now