Short video of a seagull and a statue?

(15 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Oct-13 09:18:50

OK, we think we've zapped this now (because we ask advertisers not to supply ad creatives that talk or move or whatever without you clicking on it first) - do let us know if you see it again.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Oct-13 10:36:15

Thanks for this - we'll try to track it down

FruOla Mon 30-Sep-13 18:35:40

At least it's not making any noises at me grin
(I'm on an iMac - Firefox)

MadCap Mon 30-Sep-13 07:22:42

I'm on the mobile site on my phone.

My phone was on silent at the time, so any dialogue was lost on me anyway. I definitely didn't touch a box or pop-up, it just started playing, uninvited. I'm so relieved I'm not the only one.

MadCap Mon 30-Sep-13 07:16:53

This keeps happening to me as well.

FruOla Mon 30-Sep-13 07:13:45

I've just seen it again! It's in a box over > below the DOTD/Most Active and above Latest reviews. It's rather bizarre, isn't it? grin

The first time it happened I was on Threads I'm On and the second time I was looking at Active Threads.

FruOla Sun 29-Sep-13 14:52:33

I think it's a GoogleAd, which is allowed onto MN? I'm not sure how these things work - but I guess they have a 'space' somewhere for GoogleAds to pop up every now and again?

Yes, that's the one! Thank you FruOla and RustyBear; at least now I know I'm not imagining things! Are they a mumsnet sponsor or something? It hasn't happened to me on any other sites.

RustyBear Sun 29-Sep-13 07:44:36
FruOla Sun 29-Sep-13 07:41:54

I think I caught a wee glimpse of it too - it's an ad for something to do with Hastings, I think.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 28-Sep-13 11:40:47

Blimey, that does sound weird. Perhaps it's a very niche product trial confused

Can we remember where you saw this vid? Has anyone else seen it?

CostaLady Sat 28-Sep-13 08:13:46

How bizarre! grin

I'm using mumsnet on my phone, and twice this morning I have been shown a random video of a seagull trying to clean bird droppings off a statue. I didn't click on anything. Is it just me, or is anyone else getting this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now