The info section on child safety online/in games

(10 Posts)

I see you've got an explanation on PEGI ratings for games, but I wondered if it was also worth linking to the ESRB website? I know it's an American site, but it has more detailed explanations of what the games involve than PEGI, think it might be useful for parents who are feeling pressured by their children to buy the latest games?

I know a lot of people lately haven't realised what content is in games like GTA, and the knowledge of what is actually involved might make it easier for them to make the right decision for their children. World of difference between being told a game is an 18 and being told the game refers to necrophilia etc.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Sep-13 14:39:06

Hullo Murder, thanks for sharing this with us, it looks v interesting! We'll pass the suggestion onto our content folks.

FruOla Mon 23-Sep-13 19:50:04

Kate, you might be interested in this thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1861076-Thank-you-Murderofgoths, which mog might to too shy to point you towards.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Sep-13 10:32:10

Aw, that's lovely - thanks FruOla and well done MOG

blush

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Sep-13 10:54:52

Have you got the link to the post thisvehicleisreversing was talking about? We might like to make you famous on Twitter wink

I've been on a few GTA threads, but I think this is the one being referred to. There were a lot of other good posts on there anyway with a lot of good info to help people decide. I only really c&p'd the ESRB description!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Sep-13 11:01:22

Thank you!

<bleurgh>

Another useful link for you Common Sense Media, seems really good, aimed at parents with short reviews of games focussing on whether they are child friendly. Was JCDenton pointed them out.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Sep-13 17:11:50

Thanks MOG - we'll have a look and see whether we can add some of this info to our internet safety content.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now