Clarification required please. I've got the shit end of the stick...

(23 Posts)
TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 20:38:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BIWI Sun 23-Jun-13 20:59:34

Blimey, TSC - I missed this. You alright?

TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 21:08:21

BIWI Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:47

Well I know. But still important and personal and all that. Not just 'words on a screen'.

TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 21:20:26

MissStrawberry Sun 23-Jun-13 21:23:44

FWIW I read that thread TSC and saw nothing that you posted that felt it should be deleted. You were outspoken at a push but not deletable. The posts commenting on what you posted should definitely go as that is unfair. You should be able to defend yourself.

HoneyDragon Sun 23-Jun-13 21:24:18

I read that thread, I don't remember you saying anything at all out of order confused, and I thought your point about getting the child used to checking for herself a good one.

And let's face it you can be forthright when you want to be grin

TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 21:28:38

CotherMuckingFunt Sun 23-Jun-13 21:36:41

I didn't see the thread but it does seem to be very 'pick and choose the rules depending on the poster' atm.

FuckThisShit Sun 23-Jun-13 21:47:48

I saw I all and was rather hmm at the TSC attacking and shock at your deletions. Then I concluded that hysterical lunacy was at play and went and did something fun. Like cleaning the loo. It was that or take the bait, and I frankly CBA with unreasonable illogical wind me up fools.

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 23-Jun-13 21:57:42

TSC we're taking a look right now

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sun 23-Jun-13 22:10:01

TSC sad Hopefully Catherine can reinstate your comments & put an apology on the thread.

MissAnnersley Sun 23-Jun-13 22:14:12

I saw the thread but didn't see anything you posted that merited deletion. I could see the OP was getting pissed off but that's all.

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 23-Jun-13 22:14:28

TSC you have mail smile

Coconutty Sun 23-Jun-13 22:14:58

I saw the thread and don't see anything wrong with them at all.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sun 23-Jun-13 22:17:13

... and the rest of us are just left hanging Catherine?

TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 22:56:26

BIWI Sun 23-Jun-13 22:58:19

That's good.

Although I have no clue what threads grin

Bloomin' RL ...

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sun 23-Jun-13 23:00:12

That's good TSC smile It's a shame you had to point it out though hmm

BIWI - bloody real life, gets in the sodding way doesn't it!!

TheSecondComing Sun 23-Jun-13 23:04:30

BIWI Mon 24-Jun-13 09:04:52

Blimey. I can see that people were riled, but then whenever does that not happen on a thread on MN? grin

What were the reasons given for the deletions, TSC?

I really can't see the grounds for them, having now read the whole thread.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Mon 24-Jun-13 09:11:10

There seems to be a lot of "I'm reporting you so and so" comments scattered all round MN at the mo, and then the reported comment, no matter how (in the scheme of things) innocuous, gets zapped.

I think I was on the cake thread at some point. Will go and look.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Jun-13 10:57:31

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong

There seems to be a lot of "I'm reporting you so and so" comments scattered all round MN at the mo, and then the reported comment, no matter how (in the scheme of things) innocuous, gets zapped.

I think I was on the cake thread at some point. Will go and look.

Well, that's absolutely not what happens, TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong.

We would never delete a post just because it's been reported. That's not how we work.

When a post is reported, we take a look at, in context, and only delete it if it breaks our Talk Guidelines.

We're always happy to explain our reasons for deletion to anyone who is confused. And, on the rare occasions when we may have deleted over-zealously, we are always happy to reinstate and apologise for our mistake.

TSC, we are going to nix you reference to another specific thread/OP on this thread, as we don't think it's fair to get specific about them here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now