A new topic for people who don't like mumsnet, any of the posters on it, any of the topics, the way it is run and pretty much everything else in the entire world since the dawn of time

(133 Posts)
Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:03:14

What do you think?

There is a "Flouncers' Corner"; shouldn't we have a "I hate it here but refuse to flounce and only want to complain about everything Corner" as well.

All threads moaning about mumnset could be put into the right topic, and then people who enjoy chatting here wouldn't derail them or not take them seriously and upset the already upset op's.

Fiderer Wed 03-Apr-13 13:06:46

Well I'm pretty pissed off with the dawn of time, tbh. I was there at dusk and it was all over angry Why not wait for those of us with RL things to attend to?

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:08:16

That's true, Fids.

Really, the sun should wait for us all to get up in the morning, shouldn't it?

Fenton Wed 03-Apr-13 13:10:38

I don't like the way it rises in the East every.single.day, - I mean can't we have a bit of variety people?

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:11:54

Yes <ponders>

It's west-ist, isn't it?

<realises that mentioning the dawn of time may just have distracted from the main point of the thread, which is vair important>

Fiderer Wed 03-Apr-13 13:12:41

I was deleting texts and emails the other day, to do with something I no longer, err, have anything to do with.

Most satisfying. I could do the same with threads here. I'd be omnipotent and kind. No fee, MNHQ. Just peace, love and a clear-out.

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Wed 03-Apr-13 13:16:17

MaryZ, I would join, but I like you.So I can,t.Sorry.grin

Pagwatch Wed 03-Apr-13 13:16:51

Oi!
That was my idea. It's the only good idea I have had for months.
Although I revise my 'down with this sort of thing' name to the more pithy 'steady now!'

IamtheZombie Wed 03-Apr-13 13:22:09

Zombie wonders if it would be easier to create a new topic for those of us who love Mumsnet, try to get along with and have fun with fellow posters and appreciate the almost impossible job that MNHQ have. There would be fewer of us...

Fenton Wed 03-Apr-13 13:24:15

I'll be in that topic with Zombie.

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 13:24:38

Well we have "Site Stuff" I reckon there is room for "Shit Stuff" where people can make complaints.

BIWI Wed 03-Apr-13 13:25:11

<signs up>

thornrose Wed 03-Apr-13 13:25:47

Or even better Shite Stuff.

iseenodust Wed 03-Apr-13 13:26:50

I don't like peas and haven't since the dawn of time. I realise now MNHQ has allowed unchecked posts featuring peas in so many threads; weaning, meal planning, gardening, that I should have complained about this earlier.

whatwoulddexterdo Wed 03-Apr-13 13:30:05

I only really want to talk about dexter,
Where should I go?

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 13:36:37

Definitely shite stuff

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:38:28

Oh, yes to "Shite Stuff".

And Pag, it may have been your idea, but you didn't post it in the right place. So it doesn't count <channels Trills>

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:39:28

Sadly, I suspect Zombie's idea might be easier to implement.

Pagwatch Wed 03-Apr-13 13:48:00

Ha! Shite stuff. Brilliant.

I know Maryz. I am like the bloke who thought up Facebook, told zukenberg and then went off to have a drink.

SirChenjin Wed 03-Apr-13 13:51:51

Oooh yes, I'll post there!

Actually no, scrub that. I want a topic called "Sir Chenjin's musings - you may post here if you agree with everything she says, otherwise go away"

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:55:08

I asked for personal control of the entire site once, SirChenjin.

They wouldn't let me have it. I have no idea why, I thought it was a sensible request, and would have improved the site greatly.

montmartre Wed 03-Apr-13 13:59:04

im with zombie et al!

Where's the love on MN these days, eh?

SirChenjin Wed 03-Apr-13 14:03:00

shock Mary - I hope you complained in the strongest possible terms. How unreasonable of MN, I am angry on your behalf angry

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 14:05:26

And now there is another thread.

That must be about fifty in the last week.

It's getting silly. Can't they just be corralled somewhere so I can hide the topic, I keep getting drawn in.

Thank you SirChenjin, you are of course absolutely right grin

Viviennemary Wed 03-Apr-13 14:09:15

Well maybe a moaners corner would be an idea. It would at least bring like-minded people together. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now