A round of applause...

(36 Posts)
Eskino Wed 06-Mar-13 07:22:59

Chat and S&B was overflowing with spam during the night.

Well done MNtechs for banishing it all to whence it came without anyone (apart from the nocturnal, the addicted, the BFers and the insomniacs) noticing this morning.

Business as usual.

It's red sauce round here... And it stays in its squeezy bottle in the fridge

<pure class>

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 11:31:44

Ketchup - obviously wink clearly they wouldn't have tomato sauce in the house wink

Pagwatch Wed 06-Mar-13 11:25:57

Hahaha. Yes. Decant the ketchup.

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 11:24:38

Pags - sorry didn't see you there - you getthanks and wine you are a legend in our house - it was when your mum forgot to decant the tomato sauce. It was exactly the kind of think my DM would have said grin

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 06-Mar-13 11:10:20

<applause>

Pagwatch Wed 06-Mar-13 11:10:00

<nods>> true.

grin

Tee2072 Wed 06-Mar-13 11:08:28

grin and flowers

::suck up::

Pagwatch Wed 06-Mar-13 11:03:10

Could be Tee. Or I might just be after flowers.

I posted a joke on DS1s FB last night and I think he might have blocked me so I am not the best judge grin

Tee2072 Wed 06-Mar-13 11:00:49

Just me, then? smile

Pagwatch Wed 06-Mar-13 10:59:08

I totally thought it was a joke. Can I have some too

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 10:23:39

OK Summer you can have some too thanks

I read dothraki's post as a joke too confused

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 10:20:13

Tee that was kind - to you and Zombie thanks
<note to self don't post with a hangover>

Tee2072 Wed 06-Mar-13 10:17:48

Sorry, dothraki, if your post was suppose to be funny and I missed the joke. I just re-read it and I'm still not getting the joke, but everyone's sense of humour is different.

I'm terrified that the only solution they are going to find works is taking the entire site down until the SPAM bots move on...

IamtheZombie Wed 06-Mar-13 10:16:13

Zombie took dothraki's post as tongue in cheek. Irony and all that. Not in any way critical.

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 10:13:53

Bugger - now I've x posted with Helen and worra.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:12:11

WorraLiberty

'fasted'?? = fastest

I wasn't suggesting you were starving your fingers for Lent.

Ha! Mine could do with being a bit fasted, tbh...

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 10:10:44

Tee I think you have misunderstood me. I have seen no criticism of how they have handled the attack, and they have done regular updates - including to tell us when not to report, as they are so busy dealing with it. I have seen a few people making sensible suggestions on how to deal with it, and I think most people are aware now not to even post on those threads. I was reporting spam posts last week - and its obvious that the attacks are happening at certain times. MNHQ have also said TSSDNCOP - totally agree with that - why make it easier for the spammers.

WorraLiberty Wed 06-Mar-13 10:09:49

'fasted'?? = fastest

I wasn't suggesting you were starving your fingers for Lent.

WorraLiberty Wed 06-Mar-13 10:08:54

Good job! grin thanks

It must be ridiculously annoying though...because even if you were fully staffed at that time of the night, Spambots are obviously designed to outspam even the fasted fingers.

Let's just hope they get fed up soon.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:05:22

dothraki

I don't understand why mnhq have not simply worked it out.
GIVE TECH A BLOODY PAYRISE smile Then it will all stopgrin

Hello dothraki. Sorry you feel this way. We can assure you we are doing all we can - short of stopping people posting overnight altogether, which obvs we don't want to do.

Sadly, some of these spammers are like mice. You plug up one hole, and they immediately find another...

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:03:20

Tee2072

I sure it's that they just don't care dothraki and are all drinking gin and enjoying watching their site being attacked.

I'm sure they're not trying their best to end this viciousness.

And I'm sure they totally appreciate all of the criticism of how they've handled the attack.

Or, in other words, if you think it's so easy? You do it.

Thanks, Tee <passes gin>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:02:39

WorraLiberty

Page 3 of Chat is still full of spam.

Not any more.

Tee2072 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:48:38

I sure it's that they just don't care dothraki and are all drinking gin and enjoying watching their site being attacked.

I'm sure they're not trying their best to end this viciousness.

And I'm sure they totally appreciate all of the criticism of how they've handled the attack.

Or, in other words, if you think it's so easy? You do it.

dothraki Wed 06-Mar-13 09:07:03

I don't understand why mnhq have not simply worked it out.
GIVE TECH A BLOODY PAYRISE smile Then it will all stopgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now