The official what's happening about the spammers thread. MNHQ will only post on this one for the time being (sorry, not being hoity; it's just to save time)

(331 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 03-Mar-13 15:11:28

Afternoon.

We are currently mopping up after close on 100 (and that's just the last count) spammers posted all over our boards last night and this morning.

Thank you for all your reports. We hope you'll understand that we're not going to reply to them. Please take it as read that we're really grateful.

IMPORTANT: we think we have tabs on pretty much all of the spammers now, so (even if we haven't deleted them all yet) so there is no need to report any more. In fact, any more reports and our system might keel over!

Once we can see the wood for the trees, we'll post again and ask you to report any remaining spam posts we might have missed.

Please bear with us. We are getting there.

Any Qs, do post em here and we'll do our best to answer you.

LexyMa Sun 17-Mar-13 18:36:15

They're in baby names advertising a "live event" streaming which has already finished. Ignorant twazzocks.

stargirl1701 Mon 18-Mar-13 23:06:44

They're bbbbbaaaaacccckkkk!!!!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Mar-13 23:07:43

<sigh>

Sharpkat Mon 18-Mar-13 23:07:53

I was just coming on here to say that star girl. They are pretty incessant.

stargirl1701 Mon 18-Mar-13 23:14:47

MNHQ are going to need a crate of gin after tonight grin

You need a "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" type delete button which regular posters get access to when there's a site invasion grin

stargirl1701 Tue 19-Mar-13 00:27:58

All over? For tonight anyway...

Startail Tue 19-Mar-13 00:34:04

wine for HQ,

Can't help thinking that HQ might need something more like this after tonight!

VerySmallSqueak Tue 19-Mar-13 00:38:59

Thank you MNHQ.
You did good tonight.

MrsShrek3 Tue 19-Mar-13 00:40:50

darn. missed it grin

HotCrossCatPuss Tue 19-Mar-13 00:54:06

Well done HQ. I'm so glad they didn't bring the website down overnight! wink

Contradictionincarnate Tue 19-Mar-13 00:55:37

check out the wtaf post where they reveal their intentions to bring down mn ... who are they?

PonderThePoint Tue 19-Mar-13 00:56:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PurpleAnnie Tue 19-Mar-13 01:06:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PonderThePoint Tue 19-Mar-13 01:08:48

Earlybird Tue 19-Mar-13 02:49:52

Hello, hello - calling Tech and MN HQ - we need you!

blush apologies mnhq... i have been reporting threads and posts tonight... along with many others im sure. i didnt know about this thread.

they've posted all over tonight. here's some wine for when you finish the clean up. i dont envy you... though i would have great satisfaction using the delete button grin

Ooops - forgot this was here and have reported some of the more idiotic stuff.

Sorry! thanks

right. we need captchas

we also a need a maximum number of new posts per poster.
we also really need an ignore poster button.

and maybe you guys might also want to delegate the delete button to some of us international mumsneters who are still awake now.

ChestyNut Tue 19-Mar-13 06:59:32

<sigh>

Chats full of em hmm

brew brew brew

I think MNHQ need to decide whether we're 'open' at night or not.

If we're not 'open', they could suspend account creation overnight, limit the number of posts new posters make etc. This would not be great for anyone in desperate need of support who stumbles across MN in the dark hours and it wouldn't be great for international participation.

If we are 'open', they need to staff the place a bit overnight. I think it would be worth the investment.

flowers flowers flowers

more brew brew brew

HotCrossCatPuss Tue 19-Mar-13 08:16:11

That wouldn't have helped last night. I history checked a few if them and they'd already registered a few days ago. HQ did a good job last night, but it is a little disappointing when they keep telling us things are in place, then they all bugger off at 2 am and give the trolls free reign.

brew thanks andwine for mumsnet staff.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-13 09:05:28

VerySmallSqueak

Thank you MNHQ.
You did good tonight.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now