Anyone having issues on iPad?

(97 Posts)
RandallPinkFloyd Tue 26-Feb-13 09:50:40

Not an ipad stealth boast honest (although did I mention I have a beautiful new ipad?)

I can't open any threads I've bookmarked, MN just crashes and flicks off.

Plus the whole site is really sticky.

Anyone else or is it just me?

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 26-Feb-13 09:54:05

Ok, I can open some but not any long-ish ones.

Yes, I am having problems with the scrolling. It is very choppy, not smooth. Other sites are fine. Oh, I am using MN on safari not the app.

Birnamwood Tue 26-Feb-13 10:13:09

I am too. It's really sticky and jumpy and...delayed. A bit like when you have a hangover smile I'm using safari aswell

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 26-Feb-13 10:16:07

I'm just on the normal site on safari too.

Phew, thought something terrible had happened for a minute!

I even tried turning it off and on again grin

FriedSprout Tue 26-Feb-13 10:16:53

Have been getting the odd, " throwing out issue" on iPad Safari and teeny tiny text this morning too

Birnamwood Tue 26-Feb-13 10:18:51

I did have a 'noooo my ipad, it's broken, my life is over' moment but thought I'd check site stuff first before I panicked too much.

And yes, mines been turned off and on again grin

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 26-Feb-13 10:24:23

It's a stupid time to get Tech on the case now though. Isn't it the middle of the night across the pond now?

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 26-Feb-13 10:44:21

Same thing happening to me too. Whenever I try to go to a thread I'm watching it goes all juddery and then throws me out and Safari shuts down.

All non-MN sites OK.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 26-Feb-13 10:51:06

Right - it seems to be happening when trying to open any longish thread, not just bookmarked/watched ones.

PolkadotCircus Tue 26-Feb-13 11:00:36

Me too!!

Exactly that,opening long threads.

PolkadotCircus Tue 26-Feb-13 11:02:26

It was fine last night.

E-mailed my coder dp in Ipad panicblush.

I'm having problems on the mobile site in general. I'm using a generic browser on my android phone (about as helpful as I can get).

Keeps getting stuck loading page then goes to a generic 'page could not load check the web address, internet connection etc. Message' not even the nice 'mnhq have buggered off to the pub' message. If I try to go on the same page 2 seconds later it loads straight away.

A few pages I have loaded this morning have also loaded without their styllesheets doofnah and look horrid.

Argh, me too! Keeps crashing. V annoying.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 26-Feb-13 11:27:29

Right. Everything getting juddery now so I will report my post to let MNHQ know.

And it isnt just long threads for me. Short ones too.

I'm going for a nap I expect would like it to be fixed when I wake smile

Smellslikecatspee Tue 26-Feb-13 11:48:57

This was happening to me last night either it was hanging for aggessssssssssss or kicking me out.

Am at work today so don't know yet if its any better. Was fine on my phone this am

PolkadotCircus Tue 26-Feb-13 12:00:21

Yes they better sort it soon as I can't get onto The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills thread,need my post show de brief fix!

Yes I am! Tho I downloaded a software update so wondered if that was messing about?!

Eskino Tue 26-Feb-13 12:02:23

Yes! Scrolling is sticky and typing is just awful. Glad it's not my ipad (its just out of warranty!)

TheDeadlyDonkey Tue 26-Feb-13 12:02:30

I'm so pleased to see this!
I keep having problems scrolling on one particular spot on the left hand side. It's not like this on any other website, just MN.

Thank god it's not the ipad grin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Feb-13 12:05:09

Hello

Sorry about this - we're not aware of there being any issues but obviously something is up. Have you all downloaded software updates recently?

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 26-Feb-13 12:07:26

No software update here Rowan, and I am on v old iPad 1

I'm having the same issues, and no software updates here either.

skratta Tue 26-Feb-13 12:10:44

I'm having a problem too, and haven't downloaded a software update.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now