That 'Wowcher' thingmy at the top of threads is bugging me

(29 Posts)

It is making the page just leeettle slower to load, and then it does an annoying skip IYKWIM.
Is it here to stay? <<asks politely>>
Please say it is not so. It is annoying and brings the general tone of the site down <<hoiks>>
Get rid.
Henceforth.
Please.
Gin may be forthcoming... <<weedles>>

McPheetStink Sun 17-Feb-13 22:28:37

Here here

Pissing me off too grin

Seconded. It just makes me think of that really annoying sushi eating woman tv ad, which in turn makes me quite ragey.

Oops, third-ed!

Tigerbomb Sun 17-Feb-13 22:29:52

four-ded

PITA

Whojamaflip Sun 17-Feb-13 22:32:10

Fifth-ed smile

Yeah, I get it too - though not on all threads. Annoys the hell out of me.

TeamEdward Sun 17-Feb-13 22:32:36

Fifth-ed

TeamEdward Sun 17-Feb-13 22:32:59

Damn. Sixth-ed!

Bilbobagginstummy Sun 17-Feb-13 22:36:12

Me too. At least make it Adblockable. Please.

Littlefish Sun 17-Feb-13 22:44:11

Agree.

Oh good, I am not alone grin.

Yy the annoying sushi ad is enough to not want to be reminded of the existance of such a... err, service? <cat's bum>

IamtheZombie Sun 17-Feb-13 23:03:09

It's being tried out in Chat only.

Zombie isn't a fan either, but she does appreciate that MN need to explore income generating opportunities.

Yes, I understand that too, Zombie. At least you could go and sell bodyparts or something and not slow my page-loading down though, couldn't you? wink.
Thank goodness it is 'only' in Chat although they could have tried it in ettiquette or somewhere more godforsaken. So far... <<mutters darkly>>

I don't like it either, but I am an old stick in the mud.

Has anyone ever clicked it? What happens?

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Sun 17-Feb-13 23:14:51

Whatever number we're up to'ed.

I didn't install firefox, then adblock plus to get an annoying button that messes with my screen. I know MN isn't a charity, and that my adblock is probably harming a website I love, but this is mumsnet and I reserve the right to be spiky and unreasonable.

IamtheZombie Sun 17-Feb-13 23:16:51

Zombie loses enough body parts as it is, Pacific. She's not sure she has any spare to sell. grin

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 18-Feb-13 00:46:15

I don't even notice it any more, I've never clicked though as the TV ad is annoying enough.
If it brings in revenue for MN then I don't have a problem, it has to be funded somehow.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Feb-13 09:43:43

Hello. We're just trialling it in Chat for a bit.

Noted re the jumpy/slow thing - we'll see if there's anything we can do about that.

Thanks, HelenMN. I fully support the need to sustain the site and if the technical side of things can be improved, then I'd go with anything to give me my MN fix.

<<hands Zombie a spare arm she has lying about in case it might come in handy>>
<<see what she did there grin>>

IamtheZombie Mon 18-Feb-13 17:48:26

grin

DCIlouisemonroe Mon 18-Feb-13 17:54:48

Annoying me too and making my loading slow.
Then JUMPY!

SmilingJudyNotSmiling Mon 18-Feb-13 17:57:18

Irritating me to a high level too. I even clicked on it and joined to show my support thinking it may go away if I did that, no chance. Agree to making it ad-blockable. I don't have any of the annoying adverts on here or any other sites.

Tee2072 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:09:53

I was just coming to complain about this. Makes the whole page jump as it loads the graphic. So very annoying!

NicholasTeakozy Tue 19-Feb-13 20:50:00

I don't see an ad, but then alongside AdBlock Plus I have FlashBlock and NoScript which might be hiding it. And Ghostery to block tracking cookies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now