Right, about this edit/delete button. Mumsnet Towers I am looking at you <hard stare>

(70 Posts)
gaelicsheep Wed 13-Feb-13 22:31:38

When are we going to get one. I think my posting style is probably fairly distinctive due to very frequent multiple posts. This is because I tend to type before I've finished thinking and many of the extra posts could be avoided if we had an edit and/or a delete button!!! Why can't we have one?

Maryz Fri 15-Feb-13 00:32:53

grin

gaelicsheep Fri 15-Feb-13 00:30:27

Maryz -you are so right. As I said earlier I changed my mind after HotPinkWeasel revealed her guilty secret grin.

RowanMumsnet, if you would be so kind, would you edit the title of this thread to read "Please do not under any circumstances give us an edit/delete button?" Thank you.

Maryz Thu 14-Feb-13 23:55:54

Can I present you all with this as evidence of why the edit button would be a Very Bad Idea.

For reasons known only to MNHQ, they changed the title, not only making the first 30 or so replies make no sense whatsoever, but at the same time turning a potentially hysterically funny thread into yet another boring sameoldsameold [disappointed]

<tuts>

Points and laughs at Rowan.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Feb-13 09:10:55

Screaminabdabs

Don't think you really wanted that second "l" in skulduggery, did you, Rowan? Hmm? Care to edit it? grin wink

Darn it. Wasn't sure and was too lazy to check.

Screaminabdabs Thu 14-Feb-13 01:16:39

There's the OCD one who corrects all the spelling mistakes, and her evil twin who changes every "Really good advice! Thank you so much!" into "Fuck off you cunt." So we will all end up looking like ill-mannered cunts who can spell exceptionally well.

usualsuspect Thu 14-Feb-13 00:31:51

They will be along to edit that in a minute, gaelic.

gaelicsheep Thu 14-Feb-13 00:30:31

What? I didn't say that! grin

Yes I know, feeble.

gaelicsheep Thu 14-Feb-13 00:30:08

Oh stop talking cr*p usual!

usualsuspect Thu 14-Feb-13 00:27:56

They go around, editing our posts when we are not looking.

We all agree with each other really.

Screaminabdabs Thu 14-Feb-13 00:26:30

I think you've got it there, usual. No-one ever says a bad thing, it's just them that make it up.

Screaminabdabs Thu 14-Feb-13 00:25:42

Yes, there's one with OCD whose life work is correcting all the mistakes made from the beginning of MN time to the current day.

usualsuspect Thu 14-Feb-13 00:25:22

I bet they do shock

I bet they edit our posts to make us have bunfights.

gaelicsheep Thu 14-Feb-13 00:23:32

They can delete, they can definitely edit. In fact I bet they're going around editing all our old posts on the sly...

usualsuspect Thu 14-Feb-13 00:21:28

I bet MNHQ can edit, they can do the quoting thing.

Screaminabdabs Thu 14-Feb-13 00:19:57

Don't think you really wanted that second "l" in skulduggery, did you, Rowan? Hmm? Care to edit it? grin wink

gaelicsheep Thu 14-Feb-13 00:18:05

PMSL!! You know I'm against the edit button now, just because of that!

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Thu 14-Feb-13 00:16:20

That the dog was doing it.

I was just an innocent bystander. I think I wrote we instead of she. blush

gaelicsheep Thu 14-Feb-13 00:14:38

What would you have posted instead? (the mind boggles!)

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Thu 14-Feb-13 00:11:49

If we had an edit facility than I wouldn't have accidentally posted that I lick my bits on the sofa. And it would possibly break Chaos, she'd be stuck on an endless decreasing spiral of editing.

usualsuspect Wed 13-Feb-13 23:12:13

Nooo. it has to be me making the point grin

gaelicsheep Wed 13-Feb-13 23:11:36

Precisely usualsuspect!

But then that saves you a job.

gaelicsheep Wed 13-Feb-13 23:11:08

I thought that's what you'd say RowanMumsnet and that's fine, but I don't expect to learn to love the preview button any time soon! I suppose at least there's something to be said for an honest stream of consciousness.

usualsuspect Wed 13-Feb-13 23:10:21

I haven't got time to preview every post. Someone might make my point before I do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now