Removal of threads considered to be 'potentially libellous' ie somebody has complained

(81 Posts)
dikkertjedap Wed 13-Feb-13 10:25:58

To think that threads are being removed because they are 'potentially' libellous (thinking about the Safecobs thread) is very sad as it makes it very difficult for people to find proper information on the internet.

On Mumsnet you can say all kind of things about certain NHS hospitals, but if you say something about this unscrupulous horse trader the threads are being removed and more people may become a victim.

AIBU to think that before removing such a thread Mumsnet HQ should seek a legal opinion rather than what could be seen as pandering to the threats of unscrupulous individuals?

Serious alleged Child Protection failures, Maryz.

Maryz Fri 15-Feb-13 09:48:09

Ah, I get the difference Helen. On a thread about X company they can say "oops, sorry", but Y company can't come on and say "come to us instead, we would never do that".

I missed that Beer - sounds a bit narsty sad.

amillionyears Fri 15-Feb-13 09:53:21

Beer, you and I may not be thinking about the school.

The same school, amillion? Hmm, it's possible, yes. I don't want to dredge it all up for this thread though, so I'll just leave it at that, I think.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 09:58:35

BeerTricksPotter

The same school, amillion? Hmm, it's possible, yes. I don't want to dredge it all up for this thread though, so I'll just leave it at that, I think.

Please don't! <eyes inbox in dread>

No, Helen, don't worry! Was just explaining to Maryz why it wasn't the usual 'Head of year At X Academy Is A Jerk' type school thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now