Last year, MN posted some of the nominatory comments from the Christmas Appeal.

(120 Posts)

Please could you do it again?

I fnacy an indulgent blart.

smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 19-Nov-12 22:53:54

Thanks. Oh god I just outed myself sorry.

Hang on a minute.

Who's snoggering who(m?)?

<<eyebrow>>

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Mon 19-Nov-12 23:09:28

Me too, nominated and cried, I am amazed anyone knows who I am as I name change so often.

It really is touching to know your words have meant so much to someone.

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Mon 19-Nov-12 23:12:51

I'll snog anyone. I'm not fussy. <harlot>

valpollicella Mon 19-Nov-12 23:20:52

Me too.

I dont discrim wih my lovage and snogsi

RabbitsMakeGOLDBaubles Mon 19-Nov-12 23:24:43

I am a nominee and it is one of the nicest things that has happened to me in what has been an awfully shite year. I couldn't even guess at who might have noticed me and put me forwards, or what their reasoning was, but I am might grateful because it means that in a year where I cannot afford presents for my children, they can still have a little something there to put a smile on their faces (and a tear in my eye).

Makes all the rubbish with homelessness, DLA appeals, two potential diagnoses of behavioural disorders in both my babies, the fight to get proper care at home for my own health, and to try to find out what is wrong and manage my health, feel that little bit easier, because I have something to look forwards to.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 19-Nov-12 23:31:29

<<sniffs>>

More please!

WorraLiberty Mon 19-Nov-12 23:31:45

I was quite humbled to be nominated

There are some very thoughtful people out there wine thanks

MrsDeVere Tue 20-Nov-12 11:52:17

I got nommed last year and I was like this shock for ages and all wussy and stuff.

I got such lovely things too. I kept showing them to OH who didn't understand at all. Bless him.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Nov-12 14:27:41

sad I missed out on the snogs

BIWI Tue 20-Nov-12 14:28:48

<snogs Rebecca>

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:23

<faints>

FrankincenseWippery Tue 20-Nov-12 14:37:37

<snogs Rebecca> <AND hands her cake>

<suck up. And?>

I cried a little bit at my nomination message too, then went "but why, what did I do to deserve that, does anyone even remember my name?!"

You lot really are luffly you do know that don't you? thanks

MrsChristmasVamos Tue 20-Nov-12 14:50:07

Awwww. Lovely. Makes you feel all warm inside.

More, please !

EauRouge Tue 20-Nov-12 15:19:47

I got nominated too. I have no idea by who, or why, but it gave me such a lift and I'm really glad that I managed to help someone out somehow. Thank you, mystery MNer thanks

MN is bloody brilliant, isn't it?

OlaRapaceFru Tue 20-Nov-12 18:26:22

Another grateful, but somewhat bemused, nominee here too smile

When I got the PM from MNHQ I sat and looked at it for about five minutes with my chin virtually on my knees. Then I had a bit of a blub.

Whoever nominated me, thank you very much. I have no idea what I've said or done, but I feel so honoured thanks

BupcakesAndCunting Wed 21-Nov-12 09:05:02

I also got nominated and am very [shocked] and grateful and also a bit bewildered as I am never nice ever. Chaos reckons it's for services to swearing which sounds about right grin

SantasStrapOn Wed 21-Nov-12 17:59:50

By my reckoning that means I've been nominated for inanity. I'm quite proud of that, and pretty speechless that I was nominated at all.

Thank you, whoever you are. grin

RabbitsMakeGOLDBaubles Wed 21-Nov-12 18:22:01

Will we be able to send thank you cards to the people who donate?

I'd like to too Rabbits!

There's normally a TU thread on here when ArEm gets her figner out.

More sniffles.

Guar.
an.
teed.

RabbitsMakeGOLDBaubles Wed 21-Nov-12 22:54:29

That sounds lovely, but I would definitely love to be able to send some hand written letters with sloppy kisses on too, so fingers crossed I get to do that. grin

LadyMaryChristmas Wed 21-Nov-12 22:59:42

<sobs> wine

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 22-Nov-12 10:11:49

<pulls finger out>

We did originally say that we would have all of the mails out by the 23rd (tomorrow) However, it is going to be more like the 27th now.

Apologies for the delay - we are ruffling our papers and SandyMumsnet is busy making the spreadsheet make sense <boggle>

Still plenty of time for the Christmas post!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now