Early September holiday ideas with 4 yo?

(6 Posts)
SueDNim Tue 29-Apr-14 21:36:07

We would like to go away for 1-2 weeks at the beginning of September. DD will be nearly 4 and we will be taking advantage of the last September before she goes to school. We'd like to go somewhere abroad as she would like to go in a plane, but we aren't willing to fly Ryanair. We normally holiday in the UK and get a cottage. We aren't great with heat, so are looking for low 20s rather than high temperatures. We aren't really people to laze about by the pool - we'd like somewhere with interesting places for day excursions that would be reasonably interesting for a 3/4 year old. She does like beaches and paddling in the sea.

Please could you suggest something that might fit the bill.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 30-Apr-14 10:27:35

The Algarve, Portugal is nice and shouldn't be too hot that time of year.

WeeClype Wed 30-Apr-14 10:30:20

Salou, you have a good theme park, water park and you could take the short trip to Barcelona zoo. There is also loads of little excursion that the holiday company offer.

Rumplestiltskinismyname Wed 30-Apr-14 22:21:09

Why don't you think about a canal boat holiday in France? Could be fun, and would be an adventure for you all!

SueDNim Thu 01-May-14 00:02:19

Thanks, I hadn't thought of Portugal or Salou. I don't think we could relax with DD on a boat, I'd be scared witless.

PortofinoRevisited Mon 05-May-14 09:11:37

The area around Montpellier might be good. The city itself is nice to visit. It has a zoo. There are aquariums, water parcs and fun fairs. Lots of beach resorts with sand. Aigues Mortes is beautiful. Flamingos and white horses in the Camargue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now