Decent family resort for cheap package

(10 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Sun 27-Apr-14 23:14:56

We've got an unexpected sum of money & want to take our first family holiday abroad grin . Ideally all inclusive so we know the cost upfront, not bothered where we go & we're not expecting super fancy accommodation but likewise want to avoid a massive party destination. definitely want good pool(s) near a beach & some sort of kids activities/sports for at least some of the day for our 5&8 yr old. We'll need to go out of school holidays to get something for our budget (£1,500) so probably looking June/early July.

Any recommendations either of specific resorts or canny ways to find a good package as I've tried some of the big websites & get thousands of holidays that all look the same!

MrsCocoa Sun 27-Apr-14 23:35:32
PhoebeMcPeePee Sun 27-Apr-14 23:51:33

Thanks Mrsc unfortunately I can't click in your link

MrsCocoa Mon 28-Apr-14 19:57:17

Sorry Phoebe - have a look at the Iberostar site www.iberostar.com/en/iberostar-spring-special. I was looking at Club Cala Barca but discounts too at Alucida. You need to play around with the currency and board basis.

(NB. have had consistently lovely holidays in these hotels - good for both adullts and kids).

Creamycoolerwithcream Mon 28-Apr-14 21:03:43

I've been to iberostar Cala Barca and enjoyed it. The accommodation is good for families as you get two separate rooms with one entrance.

Pooremployer Wed 30-Apr-14 19:08:57

what airports can you fly from?

Pooremployer Wed 30-Apr-14 19:14:18

On the Thomson website, flying from Birmingham you can go to Tenerife and stay here This has a free child place and is within budget.

Pooremployer Wed 30-Apr-14 19:15:35

It will come in £27 over budget but again going from Birmingham you can go to turkey

FreeLikeABird Wed 30-Apr-14 19:18:25

If you look on the first choice/Thomson websites you can always pick up free child places for 1 child, just add it to your search.

The holiday villages on first choice are good for kids, the one in kos in Greece is nice and has a beach opposite, it's all inclusive, very safe and the kids will never be bored grin

Justeat Wed 30-Apr-14 22:21:58

Sorry to be a miseryguts, but you may be fined for taking your children out of school for a holiday during termtime.
Sorry.
For destinations, how about Majorca, especially Sol Alcudia Centre? We had a great holiday with dd, 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now