Copenhagen or Zurich or Madrid?

(10 Posts)
SixImpossible Thu 24-Apr-14 15:13:02

I have the chance to go to one of these cities for a long weekend with 11yo dd. We won't have a car. Which should I choose?

Velocitractor Thu 24-Apr-14 15:17:16

When? Time of year makes all the difference to Copenhagen!

SixImpossible Thu 24-Apr-14 16:12:35

May. I need to decide very quickly.

LIZS Thu 24-Apr-14 16:18:01

There isn't a lot to do in Zurich itself but you could easily go further afield by public transport or go to a high spot and take in the view.

Velocitractor Thu 24-Apr-14 16:45:01

Oh May should be nice weather for Copenhagen. There's a pretty good public transport system all over the city and your 11 year-old dd can travel for free on your ticket. There are parks, museums, also Google Tivoli (nice park and rides), den blå planet (giant aquarium), experimentarium to name but a few (on mobile but can try and post links later when I'm not supposed to be cooking supper!)

Velocitractor Thu 24-Apr-14 16:47:29

Also easy to pop to Sweden for the day from Cph (less than 30 mins on the train).

Bear in mind that 16th May is an official holiday in DK so that Friday could be quite busy (but also that means there could be activities and stuff going on).

DrankSangriaInThePark Thu 24-Apr-14 16:53:55

Madrid is one of my favourite places in the world. The weather will be lovely in May.

Disclaimer: I have been to Madrid in May, I have never been to either of the others unless you count Zurich airport on a stopover. grin

Chopstheduck Thu 24-Apr-14 16:55:55

not been to Copenhagen.

Out of Madrid and Zurich I would say madrid. There isn't an awful lot to do in Zurich unless you are going to get a car and travel a bit. Tons to do and see in Madrid, I could happily spend a weekend simply wandering around.

OublietteBravo Thu 24-Apr-14 17:00:26

Copenhagen. One of my favourite cities. DC love it there.

SixImpossible Thu 24-Apr-14 17:42:48

OK, Zurich discounted. smile

Tempted to avoid Copenhagen if one of our 2.5 days is going to be heaving. But OTOH there's the Hans Christian Anderson connection, which dd would love.

But in Madrid there's the Prado, which I would love. Not to mention churros and hot chocolate - which neither of us can haaaaaave!

What sort of things could we do in either C or M?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now