Please tell me your Italian Agriturismo/villa recommendations for Tuscany, La Spezia and Lake Como

(7 Posts)
Boobz Thu 17-Apr-14 19:29:03

DH and I are taking our three kids (5, 4 and 2) and loopy hound on a road trip around Italy in August. We are going to Tuscany for 3 nights, then somewhere near La Spezia for 3 nights, and then finally Lake Como for 3 nights.

There is so much choice on the websites, I just want some fab recommendations from MNers who have been there with young kids and know where to go.

We have a car so can get around the towns, sites, lakes, to the sea etc. We are looking for family friendly, 2 rooms for the first 2 legs and then 4 rooms for Lake Como (as we have 2 sets of GPs joining us for those 3 days) and good food and a pool.

Please send me all your links! Budget of 100 - 150 Euros per room, per night.

Thanks, A

Janek Sun 20-Apr-14 18:54:55

My pils have stayed here a couple of times, the own an apartamento in Bagnone and while they were doing it up they stayed here. It's such a lovely area.

Boobz Tue 29-Apr-14 18:24:17

Thanks Janek - sorry for the slow reply - I didn't think I was going to get anyone replying!

Will check it out.

Thesunrising Sun 11-May-14 07:21:50

If it's not too late I can recommend la Canigiana just south of Florence nr San Casciana Val de Pesa ( not sure I've spelt that right). 20 mins drive from city centre. Pool, allotment to pick vegetables, views over the city - gorgeous. Only possible downside was the owners had a couple of large free roaming dogs - so if not keen dogs then maybe not for you.

Rosa Sun 11-May-14 07:33:50

Villa Tres Jolie on lake como.....

bringonyourwreckingball Sun 11-May-14 07:35:32

Bagni di Luca, pian di Fiume agriturismo was wonderful

Parsnipcake Sun 11-May-14 07:50:12

Www.montegufoni.it
The only problem is you won't want to leave. They have lots of different apartments in the castle, all stunning and it's right between Siena and florence

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now