Loved Pollensa in Mallorca and Playa Blanca in Lanzarote - where else would I like in Tenerife or Turkey?

(12 Posts)
BuffyTy Tue 15-Apr-14 15:29:23

Thinking of our October half term holiday. Really like places with some beautiful scenery and sunsets, cove / sandy beaches, nice restaurants and warm weather. Usually do villa holidays but may need a (deep breath) kids club as have a DD age 6. Where shall we go?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 17-Apr-14 10:26:07

If you are thinking of Turkey you need to be aware that October half term is a little late in the season and all the really pretty resorts tend to start closing down mid October. Also the weather can be iffy that time of year. If you still fancy going have a look at somewhere like Side, as it is further East and tends to stay a bit warmer later.

You can still do a villa holiday with a 6 year old. My girls are 10 and 7 and we have never gone anywhere with a kids club, I couldn't bear the thought wink

CMP69 Thu 17-Apr-14 10:34:40

We went to Paphos last October half term lovely and warm but the pool was freeeeezing

Lucked Thu 17-Apr-14 10:35:56

Kalkan in Turkey.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sun 20-Apr-14 16:28:13

Kalkan is a small resort and as such you could find a lot is closed down. Swimming pools will be freezing in Turkey too.

storytopper Sun 20-Apr-14 16:38:18

Olu Deniz in Turkey. We went in October and the water in the blue lagoon was lovely and warm.

Awks Sat 03-May-14 22:50:17

Ever seen that film Cocoon? Cos that's what Tenerife is like smile

BuzzardBird Sat 03-May-14 22:53:11

Would second Olu Deniz especially Belcekiz Hotel.

Jakadaal Sat 03-May-14 23:03:57

Maspalomas in Gran Canaria. We went last Oct half term - lovely weather and far better than Lanzarote the year before.

singaporefling Sun 04-May-14 00:53:10

Kalkan is gorgeous....

beanandspud Sun 18-May-14 22:13:26

Have a look at Puerta Mogan in Gran Canaria?

specialsubject Tue 20-May-14 10:13:28

Tenerife out of the kiddy-drunk season (i.e. any time except August) is very pleasant and has loads to see and do, and while you may (shock horror) see some people with grey hair, they are quite harmless really.

you get stunning sunsets from anywhere in upper Las Americas, and a walk along to La Caleta and beyond will get you the quiet beaches and little coves.

stunning scenery is in the middle at the volcano, and in many other places. However the Las Americas conurbation is just that and cannot be described as a picturesque village.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now