Cordoba and Granada

(9 Posts)
Annebronte Wed 27-Nov-13 18:46:30

Can anyone recommend hotels in Cordoba and/or Granada? Ideally I want a family room, or adjoining rooms. We would also really like a hotel with tennis court. Going for Easter, so possibly too cold for swimming. I don't suppose many places in Andalucia have heated pools.

HelloClouds Sat 30-Nov-13 16:27:50

I would recommend the Paradors in both cities. The Parador in Cordoba is a little outside the centre but with lovely views over the city. It has a lovely pool area. Not sure if it's heated or not and I do agree that you need a heated pool for swimming in Andalucia at Easter! But we were in Cordoba in March once and the weather was wonderful! The Granada Parador is right next to the Alhambra and so very popular - it gets booked up very early so you'd have to get in there quickly! But it's a lovely place to stay in a fantastic location! Paradors sometimes have suites which will sleep 4, otherwise they will always put an extra bed in a double room.

Annebronte Sun 01-Dec-13 08:21:37

That is very helpful, thanks. Did you take kids with you? That's really why I wondered about heated pools
/tennis, so that it's not just a sightseeing style holiday for them. DD will be ok, but DS is sport mad.

HelloClouds Sun 01-Dec-13 12:21:55

We always take the kids to Paradors - they're very child-friendly in the sense that kids are always welcome in the bars and restaurants, however late the hour. They have nice kids' menus as well. There is a tennis court at the Cordoba Parador -see the Parador website www.parador.es/en/cargarFichaParadorServicios.do?parador=028&LANG=en&SM=true&fechaDesde=&fechaHasta=&codigoIdiomaOrigen=es
Another nice hotel that we stayed at was the Ayre Hotel ayre-cordoba.hotel-rez.com/ also in the north of Cordoba -lovely big gardens. Its always good to check with the hotel if their pool will be open when you are planning to travel.
As you can see we love Cordoba! The Mezquita is fantastic, even the kids found it fascinating and there's a great paella restaurant opposite!

Annebronte Mon 02-Dec-13 14:46:23

Very helpful - thank you!

fussychica Tue 03-Dec-13 16:27:21

Aaah Cordoba - love it, especially for the patio fiesta in May
english.turismodecordoba.org/patios-de-cordoba.com

fussychica Tue 03-Dec-13 16:32:21

Forgot to add this for a cheap, central, quiet place to stay.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187430-d612127-Reviews-Hotel_Plateros-Cordoba_Province_of_Cordoba_Andalucia.html

Annebronte Tue 03-Dec-13 17:54:06

Thanks. Will check out that link.

Bunbaker Fri 06-Dec-13 22:52:36

We stayed at the Parador in Cordoba many years ago and was very impressed. There is a tennis court there. We stayed in the Alhambra Palace Hotel in Granada- not the parador, but they gave us a bargain basement room which was really horrible. I have just looked it up on Trip Advisor and I think they must have refurbished it since we were there (it was 1990 when we went).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now