hilton dalaman Turkey

(14 Posts)
SheldonLovesAmy Wed 27-Nov-13 08:43:13

Has anyone had any experiences of it?

captainmummy Wed 27-Nov-13 08:53:36

Why don't you use Tripadvisor? It's not perfect but i check every hotel i stay in on TA. If it has few 0/1 stars and more mid-range and top, it's usually ok. Beware of anything with less than say 20 reviews, all in the top, as they may have been artificially posted.

Or something like trivago, travelsupermarket, booking.com, expedia - in fact most holiday-search sites will have their own 'ratings' system - I use these and then TA.

Never been to turkey, however grin

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 27-Nov-13 11:09:08

I have no idea about the hotel and agree to have a look at Trip Advisor.

I have however spent many years going to Turkey and absolutely love it there smile

captainmummy Wed 27-Nov-13 11:40:18

Actually I've just looked at TA and if it's the one at sarigerme, it's the No1 hotel there. Should be ok then!

SheldonLovesAmy Wed 27-Nov-13 13:27:06

I have used TripAdvisor great comments, was just wondering if any MNers had any experiences of it, what they thought etc.

Bakingnovice Wed 27-Nov-13 13:30:58

I've been. It's amazing. Stunning setting, lovely food, huge rooms ( we had interconnecting family rooms) and the facilities are outstanding. There's entertainment every night, beautiful beach and as its very expensive you tend not to have to put up with rowdy clientele. Have you found a good deal?

We've been a few times. Would love to go back.

SheldonLovesAmy Wed 27-Nov-13 14:43:59

Amazing baking! I went ahead and booked so glas to hear that. How much spending money would you say we'd need to take seeing as it's an all inclusive?

SheldonLovesAmy Wed 27-Nov-13 14:45:23

£2300 for 2 adults 1 child 1 infant all Inc for 7 nights. Is that a good deal? Bit more than I wanted to spend.

Bakingnovice Wed 27-Nov-13 15:16:58

That's a fantastic price. You won't need to take much spending money. Everything is included. Can you pm me the details of who you booked with?

I've been, it was fab. We went in October 2011 with our then 7 and 5yo. Kids clubs and entertainment were good, food was nice with child friendly options. The endless free ice cream bar was a big hit with the kids. We stayed in one of the spa rooms which had its own jacuzzi and sauna, the kids were hugely impressed and were in the jacuzzi every day. Only down side was it wasn't very hot due to the time of year, very pleasant for lazing in the sun round the pool but just not quite warm enough for the kids to be in the pool for more than an hour at mid day. The slides were brilliant for them though. I'd go back there like a shot but probably early September rather than late October to get better weather

Lighthousekeeping Sun 15-Dec-13 13:28:41

Is it near a beach? I thought Salamanca was inland.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 15-Dec-13 13:29:03

Dalaman!

It's on the beach yes. It's actually about half an hour drive from dalaman airport

mckenzie Tue 17-Dec-13 18:38:35

We went there a few years ago when Lykia World was closed due to a sickness virus. We only found out after we landed at Dalaman. The hotel had only just opened I think.
We had an amazing set of rooms, on two floors with our own jacuzzi, sauna, two showers one of which was big enough for about 10 people!
The down side as someone else has mentioned is that they don't heat the pools and at october half term it was too cold to go in. DD managed about 20 mins one day and she's a tough nut. The rest of us didn't get further than one toe.
Food was lovely, internet access was extortionate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now