Turkey (Antalya) in June

(18 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 26-Nov-13 11:54:43

I am with you 100% on that Custardo, AI is terrible for the local economy and is actually causing a lot of problems in resorts. To me too it is like Butlins in the sun smile My children don't eat too much ice cream or fizzy drinks and we have a fridge so we can buy our own drinks.

Lots of people do enjoy AI though and in areas like Lara beach it works as there is nothing else there anyway.

There are much nicer areas to visit though and as mentioned it is cheap to eat out.

MikeLitoris Mon 25-Nov-13 15:13:06

We are going to Side next May. Have heard good things but have never been.

We go AL but still eat out for main meals go out for drinks at night.

With older dc AL is much easier as they can eat as much ice cream as they want. Same with drinks. They live in ice cream and children's cocktails and I dont have to leave my sun lounger to get it grin

givemeaclue Mon 25-Nov-13 15:07:51

You definitely need air con or you and kids may struggle to sleep, cheap is fine but cheap no air on is a horror take it from me!

custardo Mon 25-Nov-13 13:28:13

weather will be ok usually - I hate AI, it really hits the local tourism. I can't understand why A NYONE would travel for 4 hours to go to what is essentially butlins in the sun and see very little of the area.

I love turkey, I think you should try www.lowcostholiday.com

I went to turgutreis - loved it - B&B May - basic, looked right out onto the sea, view was fucking awesome. it was clean. swimming pool. not rowdy and a 15 min stroll into town where there was a permanent market, lots of restaurants. the usual cheap cheap market once a week

went scuba diving, parasailing - loved it. all in for two adults under £400 for both of us including flights,

food is cheap over there. we don't even bother packing a case anymore - just take a rucksack.

My best tip is to look at how close the resort is to your nearest airport - I don't think I will ever book transfers again - transfers are about 25 quid each - for a horrendous 2 hour journey dropping everyone off at their hotels, would much rather get a taxi

MrsNormanBates Mon 25-Nov-13 13:21:26

Thinking first week in June

MrsNormanBates Mon 25-Nov-13 13:21:01

Thank you all. Never been before and only considering AntaylA because I heard its a nice area. Will look into Dalaman.

hermioneweasley Mon 25-Nov-13 12:02:33

If end of June it could well be 40C. Depends on whether you think that's too hot or not.

I love the Hilton at Dalaman/sarigerme and it's wonderful for families.

I hear good things about Lara beach.

Check the hotels on trip advisor and you won't got far wrong

Does it have to be Antalya OP? Have you been to Turkey before?

We like Dalyan & I think it might be a good choice for young families as its flat & only 30m transfer from Dalaman airport. Boat ride to the beach, lots of nice places to eat by the river.

We found a lovely B&B which had SC facilities so did our own drinks and lunch to keep costs down.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 25-Nov-13 11:40:28

June is a lovely time to visit, yes it will be hot but not unbearable.

You can get a holiday for that price easily in Turkey. I have never been to Antalya but I have ben visiting Turkey for many years, usually the Bodrum area. We usually go self catering and you would definitely get a nice apartment for your budget or maybe a b&b hotel. Do be careful with AI as budget AI hotels aren't very good in Turkey, you need to pay a good price to get good quality.

Places like LAra beach are ok if you just want to stay in the hotel but not so good if you want to wander round a resort.

givemeaclue Sun 24-Nov-13 09:25:19

Haven't ever found it too hot at that time of year

whoneedstosleep Sun 24-Nov-13 00:09:19

We've been in May & June, as others have said it's hot. Too hot at times for little ones.

whoneedstosleep Sun 24-Nov-13 00:08:17

We've been to Lara Beach a couple of times. Amazing hotels, it's all about the hotels as nothing else to do/see there.

We've always been more than £2000.

GreatBigBloomers Sun 24-Nov-13 00:01:15

We went to Turgutreis near Bodrum a few years back in May. It was pushing 40 degrees every day. It will definitely be good weather for you. Never been to Antalya so can't comment on resorts, sorry.

FuckyNell Sat 23-Nov-13 23:51:58

The hotels on Lara beach are great

Bunbaker Sat 23-Nov-13 23:50:03

It will be hot.

MrsNormanBates Sat 23-Nov-13 23:38:17

Really give? I've seen they kind of budget accommodated for in Thomson amd Thomas Cook.,,,are they not very nice resorts?

givemeaclue Sat 23-Nov-13 08:51:55

It will be good weather. Budget could be a challenge though

MrsNormanBates Sat 23-Nov-13 08:18:04

Will the weather be nice and what hotel/resort would you recommend for a young family (toddler and baby).

Our budget is £1500 for everyone.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now