Low cost holidays

(8 Posts)
purple15 Tue 05-Nov-13 11:28:17

Hi, I posted on here a few a few weeks ago regarding booking with Low cost holidays.

Anyway, I have booked and got an email to say they have transferred all their business from England to Spain.

On a different site, they were saying this was because they have lost their ATOL protection and if they were to go bust, in Spain it is not covered like the Uk.

Typical, I have booked and payed in full, what a gamble.

mummymeister Tue 05-Nov-13 18:04:13

oh poor you Purple. have you spoken to atol to see if they can give you some advice? what about your local cab? there must be someone that can help. try not to worry too much as it might turn out OK.

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 05-Nov-13 18:37:27

Have you paid by credit card? That may cover you. Or if they had Atol/Abta protection when you booked, contact them in the morning for advice.

There is always the chance they won't go bust, but we had a holiday booked with Goldtrail when they went under so I understand how worrying this is.

purple15 Tue 05-Nov-13 18:42:30

Yes, I booked with credit card. Probably, will just risk it. Keep the holiday, and if yes they go bust, maybe the credit card will cover it.

I will just keep my fingers crossed till next July. Thought getting a good price holiday was too good to be true !

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 05-Nov-13 18:52:40

You should be covered, why not contact your CC company to mind your mind at ease.

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 05-Nov-13 18:53:01

PUT your mind at ease. smile

theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 07-Nov-13 12:49:13

What's their cancellation policy ?

Is it possible to cancel and book elsewhere, say go directly to the hotels website ?
Yes it might be more expensive but you will get the benefit of booking so far in advance and they might offer to match the low cost price if you phone them.

Oh wait I have checked with the website and you would lose whatever deposit you paid.

Ring cc company - you are probably covered to make sure, but then see if you can book some back up accomodation with a full cancellation policy, some hotel sites allow you to book without paying and you can cancel up to 48hrs in advance, that way you have something in back up.

If its the hotel and the flights, ignore my advice !

EmmaP1 Mon 18-Nov-13 14:05:11

I think this only applies to bookings made after the 2nd Nov, thats what I read on the MSE forum anyway. Take a look on there in the travel section or give low cost a ring to see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now