to drive or not to disneyland paris

(6 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 30-Sep-13 10:30:45

I think if you look at photos frequently it keeps the memories a little stronger.

If you are going to hire a car, I would just spend a few days in Paris and a few days in Disney. We've done both separately and the kids loved both. We actually did a detour when we went to disney because the twins were desperate to see the Eiffel tower. But then it depends on your children really, mine have always loved exploring cities, going to art galleries, museums, etc. so even at 6 there was plenty in Paris to keep them happy.

MrsBranestawm Mon 30-Sep-13 10:21:20

Oh gosh, yes, the term-time holiday thing makes a difference to the price. Sorry, hadn't thought about that. Well, my reason for saying she won't remember is that we did a year abroad when my DC were younger. My youngest DC was 5 when we went and barely remembers any of it. The older DC (who were still all primary age) have detailed vivid memories of the time, and still keep in touch with friends they made there. The five-year-old was just too young. She enjoyed herself at the time, and I am sure it shaped her in many ways, but she doesn't come out with her own memories of the event.

Pinebarrens Mon 30-Sep-13 10:11:32

Do you think? We thought this age might be ideal as she immersed in a world of princesses!

Maybe leaving it would be an idea. We just see this as the last year we can do something out of term time.

MrsBranestawm Mon 30-Sep-13 10:06:38

She won't remember it at five and, seeing as you are not theme park types yourselves, you could wait a few years until the DC are older so the journey is easier. Maybe they'll get to go there on a school trip?! Two of my DCs did. Maybe you can take them when they are old enough to be dropped at the EuroDisney gates while you and DH stroll off around Paris proper for the day. We did that one time on a French holiday. Suited all of us very nicely.

Sorry. Not a Disneyland fan. Hope someone else comes along now. blush

Pinebarrens Mon 30-Sep-13 09:56:05

tha should read DD starts school next year, so we are planning a trip next year, maybe june.

Pinebarrens Mon 30-Sep-13 09:55:16

DD starts school and we are mulling over going to DL Paris. She will be 5 we also have a DS who will be 18 months old.

We are in scotland. DH wants to drive I think it will be a nightmare. Also whilst I know DD will love disneyland I think DH and I will not we're not holiday park types much prefer cities or planning our own trips. I would like to go to Paris and make Disneyland a kind of add on to a paris trip and think it would be better to fly.

question is, if we fly, how much will we get out of disneyland, is it easy enough to get to from paris?

thanks for any advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now