Apartment in Rome?

(4 Posts)
redskyatnight Fri 20-Sep-13 10:46:27

Hi, we are thinking of visiting Rome next year (with 2 DC aged 10 and 8). We've looked at hotels, but figured that renting an apartment might be easier. Can anyone recommend anywhere that they have stayed? (or anywhere to avoid!)
Thanks

mummymeister Fri 20-Sep-13 19:52:06

loads of info so please pm me for more! here are the highlights. we booked an apartment through romeloft in the piazza della madalaine which was perfect - just the right amount of street noise buzz but not disturbing to the kids sleeping. its round the back from the pantheon (busy noisy expensive) avoid staying over by the market area as well as this is the night drinking bit. we did sightseeing including guided tour in English of the coliseum and went to Ostia which was really fab. definitely go for an apartment but don't get ground floor and check out the street on street view as some had a lot of traffic/bars. pm me and I can send you more.

blossomblowing Mon 23-Sep-13 15:43:13

we stayed at http://www.casatrevi.it/
apartment pretty basic but great location, nice lady meets you, takes your money and tells you all the best places to eat! we had a great visit. really easy
or have a look at airbnb.com i have just booked somewhere in barcelona and they whole system works really smoothly

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 24-Sep-13 20:25:41

Just back from Rome - we stayed in this place www.flipkey.com/rome-condo-rentals/p275412/?utm_source=flipkey&utm_medium=email&utm_term=propertyname&utm_campaign=rbo_inquiry_confirm.

It says 3 bedrooms but actually it is 2 bed with a cubby bed on top of the second bedroom.

Loads of room, well equipped kitchen including cling film and foil,free wifi and not expensive. Lovely location, minutes away from the Piazza Nevona (sp?) with lots of inexpensive restaurants within a couple of minutes walk. Reasonably quiet as not on the main road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now