Separate room for the kids?

(13 Posts)

DH an I are trying to find our first package holiday for us and the 2 DCs who are 3 and 5. We are really struggling to find apartments with 2 bedrooms or adjoining hotel bedrooms so that we can sleep separately from the kids. I'll be honest, holiday is another work for sex-fest and therefore we don't want to be in the same room as the kids.wink

Do 2 bed apartments or adjoining hotel rooms exist? What are we doing wrong? We just can't make the website search engines work!

EverythingIsSoThrowback Wed 18-Sep-13 18:49:18

Where are you trying to go on Holiday? We've always managed to book separate rooms.

Sorry... Should have said. Med somewhere. Menorca, Majorca or similar. Haven't been away with the kids at all, ever, so any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

EverythingIsSoThrowback Wed 18-Sep-13 20:23:44

We've been to Majorca before. Last time we were abroad we stayed in Manilva, I believe the place we stayed was called Manilva green apartments.

Bunbaker Wed 18-Sep-13 20:26:12

"Do 2 bed apartments or adjoining hotel rooms exist?"

Of course they do. If we book apartments we always get a 2 bedroom one.

Budgiegirlbob Fri 20-Sep-13 12:27:44

The problem with booking a package is that very often the holiday company will book you all into one hotel room / one bedroom apartment with the kids on a sofa bed or camp bed. If you want to get a two bed apartment or adjoining rooms, you have to upgrade, and very often also pay a supplement for under occupancy as you only have one adult in each two adult room.

It might be easier for you to book an apartment or hotel and flights separately, it tends to be more flexible, and usually quite a bit cheaper than a package.

There are plenty of sites that you can book apartments directly from the owners. An island like Menorca is easy to fly to, the airport is small and easy to manage without a rep, and car hire or taxis to the resorts are simple to find.

hermioneweasley Fri 20-Sep-13 12:29:57

Hilton at Dalaman in turkey does family rooms which are two separate bedrooms with a sort of corridor

Tiredemma Fri 20-Sep-13 12:32:33

We have just spent the last few days looking for 2bed apts for next year. We have booked a 2 bed in alcudia Majorca ( alcudia pins with Thompson holdays)

NoComet Fri 20-Sep-13 12:39:52

Majorca Aparta Hotels bedroom and sofas in the general living space double as beds for DCs

We've stayed here and the Bada Vista which is similar. Smaller pool, but near Sa Coma beach.

Work really well with small DCs, except you have to be very quiet while having a late night drink on the balcony.

NoComet Fri 20-Sep-13 12:44:10

Word of warning for people eith older DCs.

Last year (2012) or Ibiza hotel said at check in that one adult should share with each child.

In practice no one cared that DDs (11 & 14) clearly had one room and us the other, but they havent said anything before.

last time we didn't get a family room the DDs were way smaller.

Successfully booked for menorca next June grin

NoComet Fri 20-Sep-13 19:19:16

Have a lovely time, its the one Balearic isle I haven't done. it looks beautiful.

But, no large water park and a day spent getting sunburned queuing for water slides is an essential Star household holiday requirement.

Budgiegirlbob Sun 22-Sep-13 12:32:24

You'll love it, its very child friendly, and the beaches are just gorgeous. Its a quiet island, but perfect for small children.
I'm going next June as well, its one of my favourite places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now