Which area of Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, is best?

(10 Posts)
adifferentwoman Sat 10-Aug-13 07:47:53

Looking at hiring a villa there in Oct, but the resort looks big. Which area is best for no noise at night, sea views, beaches, but access to restaurants?

It's very spread out and there are many half finished and abandoned developments on the outskirts, sadly. I would try and go as central as possible, look at the place on google maps.
I wouldn't worry about noise at night as it's a quiet family resort.

Lucycat Mon 12-Aug-13 20:30:25

Las Brisas something like these villas here are really central with a nice layout in terms of complex.
We personally don't like the Marina Rubicon end of the resort much or Montana Roja as they are too new & far out of any centre.

hth?

hatsybatsy Wed 14-Aug-13 11:20:36

I would second not being near the marina - the restaurants are more expensive and it's further from the beach.

It's not a hugely noisy resort, so being somewhere central is important. near the main beach and the older part of town with the nicer restaurants.

Yonihadtoask Wed 14-Aug-13 20:15:59

I do like playa blanca, but agree that a lot of villas are kind of out in the sticks.

We hired one a couple of years ago, and it was waaay over past the Marina. It was a good walk into the main part of town. We did have a car though.

The villa was lovely though - and it was nice to have our own space.

chicaguapa Wed 14-Aug-13 20:20:29

Another recommendation for Las Brisas. My parents have a timeshare at Las Casitas (next door) and we find it's in a nice spot in relation to the town.

GeorginaWorsley Sun 25-Aug-13 00:11:07

Havebeen to Playa Blanca 5 times now andloveit.
Would recommend los jardines area if you are without a car, if you are hiring a car then any of the areas apart from Marina .Nothing wrong with this area but prefer other end personally,towards Montana Roja and lighthouse.
We use Lanzarote Lates rentals who are superb.

adifferentwoman Sun 08-Sep-13 08:09:03

ooh, was quite happy to be on the outskirts but don't like the idea of being surrounded by mid developed villas. So sad for the local people that the economy means that they have to stop building, but (selfishly) it doesn't add to your holiday fun. Went to Son parc in menorca and it had that feeling. Very sad.

adifferentwoman Sun 22-Sep-13 09:39:10

Found a nice villa in Costa Papagayo......am I right in thinking this is just another area of villas after villas? About a 15 to 20 min walk into town?

RedNats5 Sun 29-Sep-13 20:31:08

Anywhere that is near the sea, there's a prom that leads all the way down to the lighthouse so if you don't mind a stroll it's a lovely walk. Don't think I'd want to be up in the Montana rojo bit so much as you'd have to walk down to the prom then along. (Or drive)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now