Villa help needed - large group/grandparents

(10 Posts)
Miffytastic Sat 03-Aug-13 20:34:37

I need some suggestions / help in finding a holiday for my extended family for next summer (12 of us in total). We will be celebrating a 70th & a couple of 40ths and my kind parents are paying.

Factors are:
> c£3k for villa only and will pay for flights/car hire on top
> a villa with a bit of character/history
> pool
> not too scary a place to drive in
> possibly walkable or less than 15min drive to the beach
> cultural/sight seeing options for non beach days
> water park for kids perhaps (ages 6,8,10,11,15&16)
> Balearics /Spain /France

I'm thinking Mallorca but this is the only place I have been abroad to with kids so I don't know if I'm missing out on other amazing possibilities ?? If anyone has any good recommendations or wants to have a mooch online do let me know. Thank you :-)

MissCalamity Sat 03-Aug-13 23:26:40

I'd check out www.holidaylettings.co.uk you can put in the majority of your "must haves" & hopefully what you're looking for will appear! We've used them 3 times for villas in Tenerife, Portugal & Lanzarote for 7+ of us.
How exciting for you grin

MissCalamity Sat 03-Aug-13 23:28:09

Whoops, linky here

MissCalamity Sun 04-Aug-13 01:12:16

OMG, can't sleep so have just been browsing a found this in Alcudia Majorca, 3 separate buildings, so grandparents could retire to bed / for peace & quiet..! I know Alcudia has a waterpark as well.
Don't know about the culture aspect....
Anyway, back to trying to sleep for me!

Budgiegirlbob Sun 04-Aug-13 22:39:57

Guime in Lanzarote is very nice, some lovely big luxury villas in a secluded area. It is a drive to the beach and shops and restaurants, although only about 10-15 minutes.

There is a waterpark near Costa Teguise, though we haven't been to it ourselves.

Some lovely places to visit, including many places designed by Cesar Manrique for a bit of culture.

Miffytastic Tue 06-Aug-13 12:56:07

Thank you for these. Searching for villas has become my new hobby!

Miffytastic Fri 23-Aug-13 21:12:10

shameless bump after my other post, I am still searching... sigh...

eleflump Sat 24-Aug-13 13:29:15

Hi - we stayed here a couple of years ago with my brother and his family and my parents:

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p411237

It was great - easily walkable to the beach (although up quite a steep hill) and once you were there you didn't need a car.

I think there is a waterpark in the area, although we didn't go, and I'm not too sure about the culture aspect grin, but I could highly recommend the villa.

Miffytastic Wed 11-Sep-13 12:50:06

Thank you eleflump :D

MorningsMadness Sun 27-Oct-13 22:50:59

Did you find somewhere? We are doing a similar thing so just checking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now