All Inclusive with Children

(14 Posts)

Budgie - we took the hotel minibus from Lara but there were plenty of other buses going - we just liked the airconditioned comfort and door to door service and thought it was worth the 6 euro a head charge - clearly most people didn't bother as there was only us 4 and 1 other family on the bus.

Antalya is humungous and you drive through suburbs for ages - watch out for the M&S as you get closer to town smile

The older part though is pretty compact and some nice wee backstreet bars. Couln't believe how actually inexpensive it was (as you grudge buying stuff when you are All Inclusive grin ) we got 4 absolutely delicous huge ice creams - I had one blob of bramble and one of lemon - lush! - and it was about 12 turkish Lira - about £4!

Budgiegirlbob Fri 09-Aug-13 12:29:01

Soontobe, we will definitely go into Antalya, there is a bus that goes from Belek to the centre of Antalya, so (hopefully) should be quite easy to do.

Fuckwittery, we've cruised before, and it's fab! That sounds like a good deal. The only thing to watch is excusions booked through the cruise company can be VERY expensive, it's usually quite easy and much cheaper to arrange your own trips at each port. There are normally lots of taxis/excursion companies at the ports. Check out cruisecritic for loads of ideas of what to do at each port of call.

fuckwittery Fri 09-Aug-13 09:51:33

I went into Thomson the other day to ask about summer holiday deals, our DC are 6 and 3, all inclusive, basically wanted anything anywhere before the end of the summer. Thomson had very little flight availability before the end of the summer, but I was offered a good deal on a cruise, full board, loads of kids entertainment on board, started from Cyprus and went to Naples and Sicily, £3600 for a week which I think is v cheap for a cruise.
I am not a big fan of inclusive because I like to get out of the hotel and it is so easy not to do (and you don't want to pay for meals outside) when everything is in the hotel, but I do like it all being paid for and available. So a full board cruise where we get to visit lots of different places really appealed to me, never considered a cruise before.

I usually browse online but actually suggest going into a travel agent because there doesn't seem to be much flight availability left, especially if you want good flight times with small ones, and she was really good at finding stuff.

Budgie, if you can, i'd go into Antalya itself, the old centre bit is actually really nice - some little touristy cobbled streets and some lovely views over the harbour and bay. Market was not toooo pushy grin

Plenty of fountains, shops, cafes etc and quite clean.

I'd actually consider booking a Hotel in Antalya and then using the local beaches etc. in future, maybe when we aren't travelling with the kids, though I am a bit of a Turkey All Inclusive junky smile

Budgiegirlbob Fri 09-Aug-13 00:45:05

Yes, Belek was about 30 mins from Antalya airport.
We didn't see much of the area (mostly just sat by the pool!), but we did go into the centre of Belek for the market, it was about 15 min walk, and was worth a visit, although very touristy.

We have just booked to go again next year, and this time will definitely do some days out, there are many roman ruins, amphitheatres, waterfalls etc to see.

Sherwood Breezes in Lara Beach or Paloma Grida Village in Belek - both fab

try sunshine.com.

Antalya about a 15/20 minute transfer from Antalya, think Belek was about 35-40 mins tops

ihatethecold Tue 06-Aug-13 12:59:42

Budgie
What was the area like where you stayed?
Was it far from an airport?

Budgiegirlbob Sun 04-Aug-13 23:01:39

We're just back from the Gural Premier in Belek, Turkey, with our 3 kids aged 7, 11 and 12.

Our kids voted it the best holiday ever (even preferring it to Florida!)

Room was lovely (renovated, 2 room suite), food was fab - all buffet style but really good quality and huge choice - whole seabass, stuffed quail etc, plus good kids choices for fussy eaters!

Fab drinks - cocktails by the pool, my boys were so excited that the mini bar in the room had Fanta, Coke and Sprite in glass bottles.

Good kids club - probably best for under 10 year olds, but my boys (11 and 12) were able to join the teen club and play darts, football etc.

Fun pool games, rodeo rides, excersice classes, water sports if you are into that kind of thing, or a quiet pool if you are not.

A great aqua park on site for hotel guests only, with pools and slides for all ages.

Quite a lively resort, but with quiet areas, not too many English, so not too 'Brits Abroad', lots of different nationalities there.

I can't wait to go back, just trying to save our pennies for next year!

Coconutty Mon 29-Jul-13 21:18:23

Look at Thomson families or platinum all inclusive, they are usually pretty good.

Milliways Mon 29-Jul-13 21:16:02

The Aparthotel Playa Mar, Puerto Pollenca in Majorca. Fab smile

babysbreath Mon 29-Jul-13 16:06:46

Hi geordieminx and samigibson

Thank you for your ideas I will look at these suggestions, I feel I've left it a little late!

samgibson Mon 29-Jul-13 13:16:51

We did an all inclusive last year at the holiday Village, Costa del Sol. Great waterpark attached and lots for kids to do.

Geordieminx Sun 28-Jul-13 19:38:44

Delphin palace in turkey
Grand Anthelia in Tenerife

babysbreath Sun 28-Jul-13 19:36:45

I am looking to book a family summer holiday, which is all inclusive and has entertainment for the children.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now